RE4 Demo releasing TODAY *out now*

• Twinblade★ changed the title to RE4 Demo releasing TODAY *out now*

Game owns! Though I didn't finish the PC demo because It crashed when I entered the building with the shotgun :ben: The new mechanics actually work pretty well. You can sneak around the village and pick off a few enemies stealthily before triggering the rest of them. The parry also feels good and the timing window is generous so its not hard to pull off.

Graphics are sharp and ran it well even with some of the more demanding settings enabled (like ray tracing). Im gonna try the PS5 demo soon to see how it compares.

• aitch 1

The PS5 version was a bit of a let down. Even in resolution mode its surprisingly blurry and doesn't look as sharp as the PC version.

I hope they fix the crashes in the PC version because im leaning towards that one right now. That said I did enjoy the Dualsense features, so Im hoping it will be supported on PC.

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

This demo player very similarly to the Game Cube demo from all those years ago.

With that said, the changes seem great so far.  

About what I was expecting. Hope they have the same cheesy one liner to close it too :aitch:

I’ll play tomorrow. :wow2:

• Upvote 1

Can confirm that the PC version has Dual Sense support. However, I've launched it 3 times now and I literally cannot finish it because the game crashes with a D3D error. Looking at the steam forums and other people are having the same issue. They need to fix this....

7 hours ago, Ike said:

Capcom hates PC gamers :mj:

I fixed the crashing on my end by turning off ray tracing so thats a valid workaround. This version still looks and plays better than the PS5 one. Im not sure what it is about that one, but it looks and feels off.

I was really excited for this game until i played the demo. Wow. This is one of the worst controlling video games i have played in recent times. Everything else about it seemed awesome but i dont think i can stomach how it controls for 15+ hours.

21 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I was really excited for this game until i played the demo. Wow. This is one of the worst controlling video games i have played in recent times. Everything else about it seemed awesome but i dont think i can stomach how it controls for 15+ hours.

The controls are fucked on the console versions for some reason, especially on Xbox from what i've heard.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

The controls are fucked on the console versions for some reason, especially on Xbox from what i've heard.

Xbox has shit controls

PS5 looks like Ps4

PC crashes all over 

Damn haha.

I only tried it on xbox. Ill download it on PC and Ps5 and see if its any better.

• Upvote 1

Tried it on PC and it does play much better. IDK whats up with the xbox version. Will try it on ps5 and see how that version is. Might just get on PC, it ran surprisingly good on my old 2060. No crashes and pretty solid 60fps with fsr2. Will probably wait to a DF review on this one which i never really do but all versions seem to have issues. Then again its just a demo.

13 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Tried it on PC and it does play much better. IDK whats up with the xbox version. Will try it on ps5 and see how that version is. Might just get on PC, it ran surprisingly good on my old 2060. No crashes and pretty solid 60fps with fsr2. Will probably wait to a DF review on this one which i never really do but all versions seem to have issues. Then again its just a demo.

PC version w/ the dual sense is the way to go. The haptic feedback actually makes the shooting feel more satisfying.

Id rather play this on a big screen with HDR and higher res than my PC but if it plays best on PC itll probably be that. Pc is a gamble too tho. Ill wait to see how it is on all platforms.