Are ultrawide monitors worth it yet?

Apparently, there is an issue if you bought the lower cost model that does not have built-in G-sync.

The lower cost model comes with AMD Free-sync, and if you connect it with an Nvidia GPU, the HDR 1000 setting is kinda broken.

Because the monitor expects you to have an AMD GPU, because the "tone mapping" setting is performed by the AMD GPU.

Whereas the NVidia GPU expects the "tone mapping" setting to be activated through the monitor, but you need the monitor version that has the built-in Gsync.

I don't know how old this article that popped up on my Google News feed is, or whether that got fixed through firmware updates.

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Apparently, there is an issue if you bought the lower cost model that does not have built-in G-sync.

The lower cost model comes with AMD Free-sync, and if you connect it with an Nvidia GPU, the HDR 1000 setting is kinda broken.

Because the monitor expects you to have an AMD GPU, because the "tone mapping" setting is performed by the AMD GPU.

Whereas the NVidia GPU expects the "tone mapping" setting to be activated through the monitor, but you need the monitor version that has the built-in Gsync.

I don't know how old this article that popped up on my Google News feed is, or whether that got fixed through firmware updates.

Pretty sure my version has G-Sync and HDR seems to be working. I noticed the lighting changed both when I enabled it in Windows and directly in RE4.