PS5 Pro in Development, Could Release Late 2024

6 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Ill be pissed if it actually happens in 2024. I don't think a PS5 Pro is needed tbh. I'd rather have a PS6 a little earlier than split this generation when it's barely warming up.

exactly. a 2026 ps6 would be perfect.

They actually should do it in 2025-2026, because I do think we are reaching a point--for the traditional console model--that the console gen probably shouldn't be 5-6 years anymore.

It should probably be 8-9 years, with a mid-gen refresh. And that means that anybody who spent $500 doesn't feel like they need to drop another $500 in less than 5 years.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

They actually should do it in 2025-2026, because I do think we are reaching a point--for the traditional console model--that the console gen probably shouldn't be 5-6 years anymore.

It should probably be 8-9 years, with a mid-gen refresh. And that means that anybody who spent $500 doesn't feel like they need to drop another $500 in less than 5 years.

i normally wouldn't mind spending another $500 for a pro - even if it was this year. However, we never got the first years of next gen (Thanks, Covid). Too many cross-platform games. So yeah, I would like to wait a few more years. 

I think it's unnecessary but I'd still get one of they made one. Gotta play Sony's godly exclusives at launch in the best possible way.

If people are thinking they will get high-end PC performance from a PS5 Pro they are gonna be hugely disappointed.

It won't make every game run at 4K60 like a 4090 will and shitty ports and bad performance will still occur with some third party games.

It's gonna be PS5 with a little more juice because that's all Sony will be able to give with it at an affordable console price. Don't go in expecting some raytracing beast that runs everything at 4K60.

Edited by FIREPOWER