What is a woke?

36 minutes ago, Cooke said:

It's a catch all word like "alt right". 

Alt right was basically how people distinguished younger/online right wingers vs older ones. Both have the same terrible ideology. 

This woman wrote a book about it and can't define it. The right wing grifters keep gritting. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

well back when the word was first being used by mostly black people, it meant someone who is enlightened. It was used basically whenever someone said something agreeable to the person calling him/her "woke". So it didn't necessarily mean someone was awake from distractions or had a well-informed point of view as the word suggests, it just meant "hey you and I think alike".

Now I mostly hear it being used derogatorily by white people who hijacked the word and assigned it to be a synonym to white knights/saviors

5 hours ago, Chicano3000X said:

The alt right is literally just rebranded Nazis. Started by a literal neo-Nazi.

Nazi sounds scarier. Just use that. 

1 hour ago, Chicano3000X said:

I use Nazi, but they prefer alt-Right. It's more palletable for potential recruits. 

Is Ben Shapiro a Nazi?

16 hours ago, z,warrior said:

well back when the word was first being used by mostly black people, it meant someone who is enlightened. It was used basically whenever someone said something agreeable to the person calling him/her "woke". So it didn't necessarily mean someone was awake from distractions or had a well-informed point of view as the word suggests, it just meant "hey you and I think alike".

Now I mostly hear it being used derogatorily by white people who hijacked the word and assigned it to be a synonym to white knights/saviors

To the Right, woke is anything that doesn't revolve around a cis/het white man. 

46 minutes ago, Chicano3000X said:

I wouldn't call him that.

He just carries their water, like Klandace Owens.

They're not Nazis, but they say things Nazis like to hear. Because it pays well.

It's wild what these people are willing to believe. Cooke will go on about invisible woke agendas he can't describe but also is like "why is a drug company charging more money for a drug?" because his rat brain can't comprehend corporate greed? 

He a self proclaimed gay man will wake up early to trash queer and LGBTQ people but bends over in any direction to defend a corporate interest. 

1 hour ago, Chicano3000X said:

I wouldn't call him that.

He just carries their water, like Klandace Owens.

They're not Nazis, but they say things Nazis like to hear. Because it pays well.

You don't feel you've made the word lose all meaning if you use the word like that? Why would Nazis listen to an orthodox Jew and a black woman?  Did you forget Nazis hate Jews and blacks? 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It's wild what these people are willing to believe. Cooke will go on about invisible woke agendas he can't describe but also is like "why is a drug company charging more money for a drug?" because his rat brain can't comprehend corporate greed? 

He a self proclaimed gay man will wake up early to trash queer and LGBTQ people but bends over in any direction to defend a corporate interest. 

Who said i could describe woke? It's pretty simple. It's seeing the world through the lens of oppression.  It's taken on many more meanings though. CRT has been added to it, anything LGBTQ15x29fy#. 

Woke was destroyed when wealthy white people started using it to talk down to people. Virtue signalling, doing the easiest thing without ever sacrificing anything for the cause. Now it has become a toxic word because of its constant cynical use by corporate media, big business, white liberals, and government. It's easy to throw up a BLM or pride flag up. It's hard to increase corporate tax rates to help repair gutted and impoverished communities etc. 

Edited by Cooke
4 hours ago, Cooke said:

Who said i could describe woke? It's pretty simple. It's seeing the world through the lens of oppression.  It's taken on many more meanings though. CRT has been added to it, anything LGBTQ15x29fy#. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

To the Right, woke is anything that doesn't revolve around a cis/het white man. 

LOL Like I said, literally anything is woke to people like you when not concentrated with white cis/het men. 

By your own definition you are woke since you're always fighting in defence of the oppressed white men of Canada. During COVID weren't you arguing against lockdowns as you claimed the White Male suicide rates were rising?  You claim you hate China because of their oppressive views dont you? You call out celebrities who dont disavow China dont you? Its fucking crazy that people so many people like you exist. Completely self absorbed hypocrites desperately making up reasons to justify your hateful feelings. So what makes you so honorable and other people terrible if yall doing the same thing? Because you're a self hating racist? 

Woke was destroyed when wealthy white people started using it to talk down to people. Virtue signalling, doing the easiest thing without ever sacrificing anything for the cause.

Talk down to people how? By posting pride flags or letting queer people be queer people on TV? For making ads saying "maybe dont harass women on the street?" and isnt the Right's entire point that they are morally superior, more patriotic citizens compared to leftist? I'm so confused how you people manage to contradict yourselves on almost every platform possible.

Now it has become a toxic word because of its constant cynical use by corporate media, big business, white liberals, and government.

But not Fox news right? Or Daily Wire? Or any aging comedian who doesn't want to update his set? Or influencer who doesn't want to accept responsibility? Or media strategist using a familiar word as a catch all for anything one group doesn't like? Or racist? Or homophobes? or Misogynist? In fact the right uses woke more than woke was ever used in the years previous. Even when it was fashionable.

Notice the pattern? In your mind the only people to ever blame is the left. Either those whose intentions were good, or exploitative. You never acknowledge any level of malice or incompetence exist on the right.  Like how do you consider yourself in any way an independent thinker? 

It's easy to throw up a BLM or pride flag up. It's hard to increase corporate tax rates to help repair gutted and impoverished communities etc. 

It's easy to put up an American or Canadian flag, and declare yourself a patriot. Or go to church every so often and claim to be a god fearing christian and change policy as well. lol Again, the only pointless grifts in your mind involve black people or queer people. You keep your ire exclusively for those groups.

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

You don't feel you've made the word lose all meaning if you use the word like that? Why would Nazis listen to an orthodox Jew and a black woman?  Did you forget Nazis hate Jews and blacks? 

Because they say things that Nazis love to hear. I bet it’s even a kink for them at this point.

Here’s the thing about their ideology. It works best when they can hide it. This is why dogwhistles were invented.

If Tucker Carlson immediately said “white people are being replaced”, half his views would be scared off. But if he calls it “legacy American” instead of “white”, he can retain viewers who don’t know any better. While the other half nod because they know what he’s saying.

It’s a bonus if you can get a black or Jewish person to carry the American propaganda. Like “haha, we tricked the enemy”.

There was an old movie about Neo-Nazis starring Ryan Gosling. I forgot the name, but it was one of his first movies. 

He was part of a neo-Nazi gang. All they did was beat up on black people and Jews.

He later meets up with a new group. Still Nazis, but they’re educated. They clean cut, don’t wear boots and braces, collared shirt, dress shoes. 

Their approach was different. They don’t want to be seen as white supremacists or Nazis. They want to spread their ideology, but in a more subtle way. Their goal was not only to reach out to white pepper, but to reach out to blacks, Jews etc.

You get them to support your ideals without actually telling them. Or you tap into their other prejudices.

For example, Klandace Owens is a big homophobe/transphobe. She shares those views with white bigots. So she doesn’t care about the anti-black sentiment she pushes, because she shares a prejudice with the people she aligned herself with(also because she probably gets a fat check). She is useful, for now.

So once they’re done with lgbt, her and Ben Shapiro are on the menu.

That’s what people don’t realize about how insidious it all is.

Even American history X pointed it out.

That scene where the main character sees the neo-Nazi leader after he came out of prison. His hair is grown, he doesn’t have that skinhead look. The leader praises it and says that they need to change their look. Clean up, look more educated. Mentioned that the internet is allowing them to connect to other groups to create one big movement.

It essentially predicted the future of the internet and the radicalization pipeline.

25 minutes ago, Chicano3000X said:

Because they say things that Nazis love to hear. I bet it’s even a kink for them at this point.

Here’s the thing about their ideology. It works best when they can hide it. This is why dogwhistles were invented.

If Tucker Carlson immediately said “white people are being replaced”, half his views would be scared off. But if he calls it “legacy American” instead of “white”, he can retain viewers who don’t know any better. While the other half nod because they know what he’s saying.

It’s a bonus if you can get a black or Jewish person to carry the American propaganda. Like “haha, we tricked the enemy”.

There was an old movie about Neo-Nazis starring Ryan Gosling. I forgot the name, but it was one of his first movies. 

He was part of a neo-Nazi gang. All they did was beat up on black people and Jews.

He later meets up with a new group. Still Nazis, but they’re educated. They clean cut, don’t wear boots and braces, collared shirt, dress shoes. 

Their approach was different. They don’t want to be seen as white supremacists or Nazis. They want to spread their ideology, but in a more subtle way. Their goal was not only to reach out to white pepper, but to reach out to blacks, Jews etc.

You get them to support your ideals without actually telling them. Or you tap into their other prejudices.

For example, Klandace Owens is a big homophobe/transphobe. She shares those views with white bigots. So she doesn’t care about the anti-black sentiment she pushes, because she shares a prejudice with the people she aligned herself with(also because she probably gets a fat check). She is useful, for now.

So once they’re done with lgbt, her and Ben Shapiro are on the menu.

That’s what people don’t realize about how insidious it all is.

Even American history X pointed it out.

That scene where the main character sees the neo-Nazi leader after he came out of prison. His hair is grown, he doesn’t have that skinhead look. The leader praises it and says that they need to change their look. Clean up, look more educated. Mentioned that the internet is allowing them to connect to other groups to create one big movement.

It essentially predicted the future of the internet and the radicalization pipeline.

I dunno man. You sound like an indoctrinated bubble chambered liberal. You are basically saying all conservatives are Nazis. To me Nazism is a very specific thing. A real Nazi definitely wouldn't follow a Jew and black woman.  Shapiro is always talking about Israel and Orthodox Judaism. That is not something a Nazi would ever subject themselves to. 

And you know why you don't see skinheads very much anymore? Because theres even less Nazis now than there were in the 90s. Society has actually gotten better, I know it's hard to look back at progress but it is a vastly different world now than it was 20-30 years ago. 

There will always be some form of far right religious people but hey, at least we aren't like Iran. 

3 hours ago, Cooke said:

I dunno man. You sound like an indoctrinated bubble chambered liberal. You are basically saying all conservatives are Nazis. To me Nazism is a very specific thing. A real Nazi definitely wouldn't follow a Jew and black woman.  Shapiro is always talking about Israel and Orthodox Judaism. That is not something a Nazi would ever subject themselves to. 

And you know why you don't see skinheads very much anymore? Because theres even less Nazis now than there were in the 90s. Society has actually gotten better, I know it's hard to look back at progress but it is a vastly different world now than it was 20-30 years ago. 

There will always be some form of far right religious people but hey, at least we aren't like Iran. 

White supremacists want to spread their agenda.

It's hard to do so if your gonna come off as an outright Nazi. This is why they would use any avenue to get their message across. Even using non-Whites.

Also, Klandace and Shapiro are not really for the already established White Supremacists. They're there to make prejudice white folks feel good about their prejudices. What better person to tell you that it's ok to hate black people, than a black person? They just see her as "one of hte good ones".

White supremacists, see her as a useful idiot.

Just explaining how all this works.