FIFA making their own FIFA game to rival EA

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Having the name will obviously help them build a foundation but there's no way they're going to be able to compete with what EA has done anytime soon. It took years of experience and iteration to make FIFA into a fully featured and competent sports series.

Just license it to Konami's Winning Eleven, which is something people have actually been clamoring for, for well over a decade.

Hell, Konami probably closed the studio that does Winning Eleven, and FIFA could come in and scoop them up.

It was formerly made by "PES Productions" but around 2021 the soccer game is now made by "Konami Digital Entertainment" so they may have, in fact, shut down or laid off some employees.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.metacritic.com/pictures/worst-video-games-of-2021/10

$250-million for just the FIFA license is pretty ridiculous. You don't get any teams or players with that money and have to license it all out in addition to the FIFA license. If every person that pla

Wow, I feel like an idiot now. I assumed the license would come with all the teams and players included. So they're basically just paying to use a logo? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Just license it to Konami's Winning Eleven, which is something people have actually been clamoring for, for well over a decade.

Hell, Konami probably closed the studio that does Winning Eleven, and FIFA could come in and scoop them up.

It was formerly made by "PES Productions" but around 2021 the soccer game is now made by "Konami Digital Entertainment" so they may have, in fact, shut down or laid off some employees.

That does actually make sense business wise. Rebranding PES as FIFA could actually be the way to go.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Having the name will obviously help them build a foundation but there's no way they're going to be able to compete with what EA has done anytime soon. It took years of experience and iteration to make FIFA into a fully featured and competent sports series.

You have it backwards.  The FIFA brand itself is bigger than EA. 

Whoever gets the FIFA license now will be printing money. 

Whatever soccer game EA comes up with will be stuck in the same commercial rut that was winning eleven.

Winning eleven has been the superior soccer game for decades but never really had that huge commercial success of the EA fifa games because of the lack of the fifa branding. 

21 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Nice self ownage? :tom: You claimed FIFA could simply continue using the GAME CODE of EA’s FIFA, because they own the code. 

You claimed it would be the SAME GAME as what EA made. But it won’t. It will be a completely different game, because EA owns the game code, engine, etc. 

All EA has to do is make a jersey and face swap, the core gameplay will Be identical. 

2/2… smoked them both :blessed:

You seem to forget a very important detail.

Ultimate team.

That was the cash cow for that shitty game.

Now that they don't own the license, they are basically fucked.

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's not PES or winning eleven :umad:

Cute.

Getting the FIFA license would give them the opportunity to bring PES back and distance themselves from what a disaster eFootball has been. It's not like they've been making bad football games for an extended period of time so they have to some capability left.

Someone on neogaf was ranting about how terrible the lastest EA FIFA game, 2021, was.

And then they posted a still-frame from EA's very own trailer in which, in the background, there's a soccer player frozen in a T-pose.

And since then, to this day, there is a huge bug not fixed, and repeated in every new installment.

In career mode, if you use 3 possible substitutes in a match and let the rest of the match to be simulated, then sometimes you can see that there was made a fourth substitution:
Do they have QA? If yes, they should be fired or the management that ignored theirs BUG reports.

LLt1JEP.jpg

(There are other bugs, even a game breakers like starting a Champions League game for your club that didn't even qualify, among others.)

rdrcAWO.jpg

But you know, I don't blame EA: they know they own the market, and even if they release a trailer with a T-pose model...

FIFA-23.JPG.jpg

FIFA-23.JPG.jpg

:tom:

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Didn't EA make over a billion dollars last year off FIFA alone? Surprised they're not trying harder to secure the license.

FIFA reportedly wants $250 million a year for the use of 'FIFA' and 'World Cup.'

17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

FIFA reportedly wants $250 million a year for the use of 'FIFA' and 'World Cup.'

They apparently made $1.6 billion off FIFA/Team Ultimates last year. Paying $250 million to keep the license seems like a steal at that point.

10 minutes ago, Sabo said:

They apparently made $1.6 billion off FIFA/Team Ultimates last year. Paying $250 million to keep the license seems like a steal at that point.

$250-million for just the FIFA license is pretty ridiculous. You don't get any teams or players with that money and have to license it all out in addition to the FIFA license. If every person that played FIFA 2023 completely understood that nothing was changing except the FIFA name and the game would be the same with the same modes/players/teams, do you think it would hurt EA to the tune of $250-million? Probably not, they just have that marketing hill to climb to get people to understand that.

It's also not just 'why doesn't EA pay $250-million' but also 'who else would pay $250-million'? $250-million a year and you still don't have UEFA leagues, CONMEBOL leagues, Premier League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, or Series A because they're all EA exclusive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

. If every person that played FIFA 2023 completely understood that nothing was changing except the FIFA name and the game would be the same with the same modes/players/teams,

What? @Goukosan and @jehurey told me it FIFA owns the game. EA will have to start from scratch and make an entirely new game now that they don’t have the fifa license. 

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

$250-million for just the FIFA license is pretty ridiculous. You don't get any teams or players with that money and have to license it all out in addition to the FIFA license. If every person that played FIFA 2023 completely understood that nothing was changing except the FIFA name and the game would be the same with the same modes/players/teams, do you think it would hurt EA to the tune of $250-million? Probably not, they just have that marketing hill to climb to get people to understand that.

It's also not just 'why doesn't EA pay $250-million' but also 'who else would pay $250-million'? $250-million a year and you still don't have UEFA leagues, CONMEBOL leagues, Premier League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, or Series A because they're all EA exclusive.

Wow, I feel like an idiot now. I assumed the license would come with all the teams and players included. So they're basically just paying to use a logo? 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Basically. It's just the FIFA name and the World Cup branding. But I think you not knowing that shows the climb EA has ahead of them.

3 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

What? @Goukosan and @jehurey told me it FIFA owns the game. EA will have to start from scratch and make an entirely new game now that they don’t have the fifa license. 

Oh man, he's still butt hurt.

Yeah...........FIFA does own the game.............that shows the FIFA logo and has the FIFA license.

I love how you don't understand this, one bit.:tom:But you keep on trying.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Oh man, he's still butt hurt.

Yeah...........FIFA does own the game.............that shows the FIFA logo and has the FIFA license.

I love how you don't understand this, one bit.:tom:But you keep on trying.

So EA will have to start from scratch and change all animations, physics, and other gameplay details by making an entirely new game right??? Not just one with pretend players/stadiums/teams, like I said????

11 hours ago, Sabo said:

Ok, I wasn´t aware about this.
I thought the FIFA License would come with all that.

I believe all of this changed along the way. 

Back then FIFA license would include teams under FIFA I believe.

I remember this issue happening around the time Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana came to PES and how EA couldn´t get some teams in their game.

7 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

So EA will have to start from scratch and change all animations, physics, and other gameplay details

If they change it...........it becomes another game.

Congratulations........you just proved that they CAN'T use FIFA21.:lawl::lawl: