RE4 Remake Gamespot Review - 10/10 (UP: 10/10 Cow MELTDOWN)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I dont care about this game but I'm going to make 500 posts saying I don't care about it "   The lemshit doth protest too much

You're not playing it because it's not on your rental service Like most lemmings you dont buy games, thats why you get lazy ports because xbox isn't worth it. After blowing $30 on your meal, $50 on y

Posted Images

I’m happy for the fans. :smoke: lol at the 30+ hours to complete in the GS review. I beat the original in like 13 on my first playthrough. I think the pic is still in my old photobucket account lol. 

edit: it is. Damn, lots of old SW pics there 

5050F02C-9700-4D17-B344-F8DDB9767ACD.png

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m happy for the fans. :smoke: lol at the 30+ hours to complete in the GS review. I beat the original in like 13 on my first playthrough. I think the pic is still in my old photobucket account lol. 

edit: it is. Damn, lots of old SW pics there 

5050F02C-9700-4D17-B344-F8DDB9767ACD.png

Photobucket :D what a blast from the past

The variance im seeing in playthrough times in interesting. Realistically its probably 15-20 for most people depending on how much side content they want to do

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

holy shit.....was not expecting that

10 from IGN as well

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-4-remake-review

I was always worried about the possibility that this would be like RE3, a barebones remake that cuts a lot of content from the original. Thankfully the reviews have done away with that concern.

Really?

I thought it was pretty agreed that RE3 was rushed so they could get to RE4.

Same reason they skipped CV...RE2 and RE4 were always where the big bucks were at, even if big fans of the series like 3/CV, they were never as popular with the mainstream.

Anyway, glad to see it turned out great. I always go back and forth between this and 2 for best in the series, but they're both incredible games.

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Really?

I thought it was pretty agreed that RE3 was rushed so they could get to RE4.

Same reason they skipped CV...RE2 and RE4 were always where the big bucks were at, even if big fans of the series like 3/CV, they were never as popular with the mainstream.

Anyway, glad to see it turned out great. I always go back and forth between this and 2 for best in the series, but they're both incredible games.

For me, RE 1 is king, especially the GC remake. Blew my mind! But OG RE got me back into gaming in 1998 (I had stopped playing for a few years).  

39 minutes ago, Casual said:

I remember when the original GS review dropped, 9.6.

Sheep were eating that day.

Then it got announced for PS2 and TSHBR.

One thing that's still consistent is the lemmings lost regardless.

Yeah, but then only the GCN version got GOTY and cows were whining then. :hest: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

People who’ve enjoyed RE in the past and have no interest in this are kind of crazy in my eyes. It’s one of the best remakes of all time of one of the best games of all time. Guaranteed to be a GOTY contender.

i tried replaying 4, numerous times, years after the novelty of it wore off. mind you, i used to speedrun it (yes, i was a big game nerd back then). it just felt clunky compared to the titles it inspired. maybe i'll get it when it hits $20.

• Upvote 1
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to RE4 Remake Gamespot Review - 10/10 (UP: 10/10 Cow MELTDOWN)