Despite Nintendo Switch being the weakest console, I think the Switch is actually the best system to own right now

It has so many good games, remasters, new IPs, B studio quality games, Nintendo exclusives and yeah even though the tech behind this gadget fails miserably compared to the new consoles, NOTHING has been done to literally push the console's power aside from tired and old franchises that follow the same formula.

Specifically speaking, the PS5 which has PS4 based games with hi res modes as PS5, but nothing aside from some niche games out there for people to play.

Still, nothing has been pushed on the PS5 to showcase it as an actual current gen game, aside from the quick loading feature, with Ratchet & Clank, a 4 hour game that its best asset was the seemingly none existent loading worlds.

I am not even going to talk about Xbox, because I haven't anything remotely worth owning for this console, aside from another Forza Horizon remake which by the tenth hour mark, you realize you have already played this.

Everything else is a port, or backwards compatibility game.

I am not even to talk about the service, Gamepass which is good but not worth a console purchase.

I kinda go back and forth when it comes to the Switch. Sometimes I feel pretty disappointed in some of the Switch games I've bought (Live A Live & Xenoblade Chronicles 3 last year) but then its got gems like Triangle Strategy and Mario + Rabbids that change my feelings on the system.

I'd like to try that Bayonetta spin off and the Metroid Prime remaster sometime soon. Im confident those would be hits for me.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

I am not even going to talk about Xbox, because I haven't anything remotely worth owning for this console, aside from another Forza Horizon remake which by the tenth hour mark, you realize you have already played this.

Everything else is a port, or backwards compatibility game.

I am not even to talk about the service, Gamepass which is good but not worth a console purchase.

Well at least you're honest. So why the hell do you still consider yourself a lemming? Running defence for xflop all the time.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I kinda go back and forth when it comes to the Switch. Sometimes I feel pretty disappointed in some of the Switch games I've bought (Live A Live & Xenoblade Chronicles 3 last year) but then its got gems like Triangle Strategy and Mario + Rabbids that change my feelings on the system.

I'd like to try that Bayonetta spin off and the Metroid Prime remaster sometime soon. Im confident those would be hits for me.

What's wrong with Live a Live and Xenoblade 3?

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

What's wrong with Live a Live and Xenoblade 3?

Live a Live's short story approach just isn't my cup of tea. RPGs are all about establishing characters and growing them over time, so when all that development is reset every 2-3 hours the game losses its appeal for me.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a grind with too much of a focus on its overly hectic combat. I liked everything else about it but after nearly 30 hours I just couldn't deal with its gameplay anymore.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Live a Live's short story approach just isn't my cup of tea. RPGs are all about establishing characters and growing them over time, so when all that development is reset every 2-3 hours the game losses its appeal for me.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a grind with too much of a focus on its overly hectic combat. I liked everything else about it but after nearly 30 hours I just couldn't deal with its gameplay anymore.

I like the multi character scenarios and short sized bit stories in Live a Live or SaGa Frontier, personally. I wouldn't want that in every RPG but it's a nice change of pace. 

Yeah, that's Xenoblade, alright. I want to play Xenoblade Definitive Edition but I doubt I'll ever finish it. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I like the multi character scenarios and short sized bit stories in Live a Live or SaGa Frontier, personally. I wouldn't want that in every RPG but it's a nice change of pace. 

Yeah, that's Xenoblade, alright. I want to play Xenoblade Definitive Edition but I doubt I'll ever finish it. 

Don't listen to TB.

Xenoblade 3 is not a grind. 

It's the most user accessible Xenoblade game in the franchise.

Not once did I never had to grind to build XP.  You can go straight through the main story without grinding not once and have a great experience and beat the game. 

Even the combat mechanics are user friendly compared to the rest of the series.   In the other games they showed you a complex mechanic one time and expect you to master it immediately to get past a battle. 

In this game they let you practice it a few times first and if you still don't get it.. At any time in the game you launch a mode that let's you try it out, you grasp it....then jump straight back into the game and try it live. 

The side stories in this game is the most fleshed out in the series and and can be a little more difficult. And even still you don't have to grind. 

Also TB couldn't handle managing 6 character team in battle so he found it Chaotic..lol

Edited by Goukosan
3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Well at least you're honest. So why the hell do you still consider yourself a lemming? Running defence for xflop all the time.

Because at least with Ultimate, I had the chance to play games that I couldn't play back then, like the Halo MC Collection, Gears 1-3, other Xbox exclusives.

Unlike PS5 which literally only enjoyed one game, one.

43 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Because at least with Ultimate, I had the chance to play games that I couldn't play back then, like the Halo MC Collection, Gears 1-3, other Xbox exclusives.

Unlike PS5 which literally only enjoyed one game, one.

Bro couldn't name an Xbox exclusive from the past 10 years :ben:

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Don't listen to TB.

Xenoblade 3 is not a grind. 

It's the most user accessible Xenoblade game in the franchise.

Not once did I never had to grind to build XP.  You can go straight through the main story without grinding not once and have a great experience and beat the game. 

Even the combat mechanics are user friendly compared to the rest of the series.   In the other games they showed you a complex mechanic one time and expect you to master it immediately to get past a battle. 

In this game they let you practice it a few times first and if you still don't get it.. At any time in the game you launch a mode that let's you try it out, you grasp it....then jump straight back into the game and try it live. 

The side stories in this game is the most fleshed out in the series and and can be a little more difficult. And even still you don't have to grind. 

Also TB couldn't handle managing 6 character team in battle so he found it Chaotic..lol

You'll be underleveled especially against later boss batles if you don't at least do some of the grindy side quests.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You'll be underleveled especially against later boss batles if you don't at least do some of the grindy side quests.

Nope, I've beaten the game.   First off the actual side quests aren't grindy they are fleshed out.  2nd off you don't need to do any of the side quests to level up to beat the game. 

The levels you gain in the main quest is enough to beat the game, at camp sites you go into the party menu and level up + when you're playing the game you level up.... Those two are enough to beat the game.  As you gain enough Battle experience in the main story. 

The reason you lost in the later battles ks because you have to effectively manage the 6 man team and their fusions +arts+ master arts + combos ( break, topple, launch, smash or break, topple, daze etc) +fusion arts + chain attack + orobos order. 

You can chain that all together and it's something you need to master. If you don't use that effectively you will get destroyed in the latter battles no matter your level.   

I remember you complaining it was too much for you to manage the 6 team mates and you found it hectic. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Nope, I've beaten the game.   First off the actual side quests aren't grindy they are fleshed out.  2nd off you don't need to do any of the side quests to level up to beat the game. 

The levels you gain in the main quest is enough to beat the game, at camp sites you go into the party menu and level up + when you're playing the game you level up.... Those two are enough to beat the game.  As you gain enough Battle experience in the main story. 

The reason you lost in the later battles ks because you have to effectively manage the 6 man team and their fusions +arts+ master arts + combos ( break, topple, launch, smash or break, topple, daze etc) +fusion arts + chain attack + orobos order. 

You can chain that all together and it's something you need to master. If you don't use that effectively you will get destroyed in the latter battles no matter your level.   

I remember you complaining it was too much for you to manage the 6 team mates and you found it hectic. 

The combat requires little in the way of strategy, you just end up spamming the same few special attacks over and over again while you watch the same obnoxiously long animations and cutscenes over and over again. Seriously I don't understand how they actually thought that it would make for fun gameplay. Every battle could have half as long and more bearable if you didn't have to sit through those scenes.

So many aspects of the gameplay just felt bloated and over-designed.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The combat requires little in the way of strategy, you just end up spamming the same few special attacks over and over again while you watch the same obnoxiously long animations and cutscenes over and over again. Seriously I don't understand how they actually thought that it would make for fun gameplay. Every battle could have half as long and more bearable if you didn't have to sit through those scenes.

So many aspects of the gameplay just felt bloated and over-designed.

So you had no strategy, spammed one attack and then you blame getting destroyed on you did not grind enough to level up? Lmfao.