Hellblade II - realtime facial animation demo [Metahuman/Unreal Engine 5]

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

It’s incredible that this game has been in development for so long and they’re still showing face tech demos. How is this not a huge red flag?

It’s definitely a red flag for me. 

No one doubting NT’s ability to do good facial animation captures and tell an enticing story but the gameplay in their games has always been a bit iffy to me.

The fact that this game was announced in 2019 and was known before God of War Ragnarok, R&C Rift Apart, Spiderman Miles Morales, Demon’s Souls, Horizon Forbidden West, GT7, etc.  were known to exist and we are still waiting for its gameplay is a HUGE red flag. We should have seen some actual gameplay footage by now. It’s approaching 4 years since it was first announced at the 2019 TGA and we still haven’t seen any gameplay.

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

LMAO isn't facial animations the exact same thing we saw in the reveal like 3/4 years ago. 

It actually is :hest:

Pretty sad that almost 4 years have passed and we still have zero gameplay just more facial animations. Are we playing facial animations or an actual game here?

• dead 1
42 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Apparently this IS gameplay (parts of it at least)

It's a walking simulator? At some point they are going to have show more than walking and facial animations.

This shit is getting embarrassing at this point. 4 years and still no solid gameplay.

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

It's a walking simulator? At some point they are going to have show more than walking and facial animations.

This shit is getting embarrassing at this point. 4 years and still no solid gameplay.

walking/running for a few seconds, cut scene,walking/running for a few seconds, cut scene. i'm impressed lol.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

walking/running for a few seconds, cut scene,walking/running for a few seconds, cut scene. i'm impressed lol.

I guess it's poetic justice that since lemshits claim that Sony's games are all walking sims/cinematic movie games their most anticipated game is now actually a walking/running sim with cinematic face captures and no solid gameplay to be seen :hest:

2 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

That’s basically all the first game was no?

Nah. You walked a lot. It was broken up with some of the worst combat ever. The sound design was stellar. The visuals were a mixed bag, technically, but super atmospheric. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Nah. You walked a lot. It was broken up with some of the worst combat ever. The sound design was stellar. The visuals were a mixed bag, technically, but super atmospheric. 

I played a few levels but then Elden ring came out. Don’t really remember much besides walking. Lol. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Maybe. I enjoyed the open world aspect of ER the most tho. So idk if it would be as much for me. 

Eh, you will realize the open world was just bloat. DS3 has tons of bonfires, warps, short cuts, respec-ing, etc. you can even co-op with bosses. If you get the ps4 version, you can summon me and I’ll solo the mofos lol. 

• Upvote 1