Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist Of The End & The Secret Key - Review Thread (TLHBR)

Platforms: PS4, PS5, Switch,. PC
Metacritic - 84
Opencritic - 81

Reviewers, @ me if you want your review added
* As this won't be a major thread, wanted to highlight smaller reviewers.

The Mako Reactor - 8.5/10

Atelier Ryza 3 is a more-ambitious take on the formula that builds on prior games in almost every way. While this has led to it being rough around the edges technically, Atelier Ryza 3 is an excellent RPG on both Switch and PS5, and a lovely finale for Ryza.

NoisyPixel - 9/10

Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is the best entry in the series, hands down. Every system has been enhanced and perfected, with the additional Key feature melded expertly into the core narrative. Sometimes the world can feel a lot bigger than it is, causing some pacing issues within the story, and there are a few characters who could have received more of the spotlight, but I can't stress enough how memorable this experience is. As sad as it is to say goodbye, GUST did right by Ryza with this finale.

FinalWeapon - 4.5/5

Atelier Ryza 3 takes old ingredients, refines them, and makes them its own. It knows where it came from and where it's going. It's beautiful. Great aspects don't need to be thrown away like ancient relics, they just need some TLC and hope for the future. Gust gingerly crafted this game while executing on exactly that, and it shows.

LadiesGamers - Two Thumbs Up

With the third, and, judging from the title, last Atelier Ryza game, Gust has done it again. Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is another gaming experience the fans will absolutely love. And even if you're not a fan yet, this is an excellent title to jump into; watch the prologue in the game and see that the Atelier games are wonderful adventure RPGs.

Pizzafria - 9/10

All in all, alchemists of steel, Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key turned out to be a very fun game and yet another successful entry into the Atelier family . A good story, a fun game loop focused on alchemy, wonderful visuals and enjoyable combat make my life easier when it comes to giving my verdict here. Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is a JRPG of quality and style, being a good choice for all lovers of the genre. I strongly recommend.

Wccftech - 9.5/10

Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key has to be one of the most straightforward and beautiful RPGs in the series as a whole while also being way friendlier to new players than other installments in the series. This is a game that even non Atelier fans will be able to sink their teeth into easily while being able to fully customize their experience through the game's new Synthesis system and its Secret Key mechanic.

PushSquare - 7/10

Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is the biggest Atelier game to date. Ryza and her friends are just as charming as ever and this is a fantastic way to end the trilogy. The vibrant open-world areas are a joy to explore, and the slick combat and engaging alchemy system will keep you entertained throughout.

TheSixthAxis - 9/10

Every Atelier Ryza entry has been the best Atelier game yet, and Atelier Ryza 3 is no exception. It's the perfect final chapter for fans of Ryza and her story, but it's also the most polished and expansive exploration of the core ideals of the franchise we've seen yet – alchemy feels natural, exploration feels natural, and combat is a delightful adrenaline rush. It's sad to see my favourite tomboy alchemist go away, but if this game is any indication, the Atelier series will only get even better from here.
On 2023-03-23 at 12:06 PM, Ramza said:

I'll have to try Atelier Ryza 1 at some point. 

Same.

I've known about the Atelier series for years but just never bothered to check them out. The Ryza games really put the series on the map though and Ryza 1 and 2 are on sale right now so I might grab them just to see what they're all about.

Edited by Sabo
19 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Same.

I've known about the Atelier series for years but just never bothered to check them out. The Ryza games really put the series on the map though and Ryza 1 and 2 are on sale right now so I might grab them just to see what they're all about.

Yeah, I think I played one of the PS2 Atelier game... Ryza might as well be considered my first experience with the series. 

Post some impressions if you end up playing it.