RE4 Official discussion thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Resident Evil 5 Remake. We've reached rock bottom. 

Spending time with the wife tonight so I can ignore her all weekend to play the GOAT. 

I saw this on twitter and had to post it. Its so ridiculous.

This may be the first time we've had a remake, in which people will never truly abandon playing the original.

In a way, I don't think Capcom really wants to abandon and fully replace the original.

RE4 is the GOAT

And REm4ke is the son of the GOAT

Played through the first hour so, got up to the part where you meet the merchant for the first time.

Game is great so far. Its familiar but also feels fresh and new especially with the altered environments and new mechanics. I started on the standard difficulty setting but the game actually recommends hardcore if you've already played the original. I debated picking it but then I did some research and people are saying hardcore is actually very hard, so I figured it would be best to save that for a 2nd playthrough as I just want to experience the game without having my progression slowed because of the difficulty.

The one slight issue I have so far is that the inventory management was completely streamlined, to the point where there is basically no inventory management or 'tetris' anymore. You can just hit a button to auto sort everything. And if your inventory gets full you can just send any of your weapons to storage to free up space. I do think a bit of the magic from the original game is lost as a result of these changes.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Chainsaw man got me first time lol 

Glorious to see though :whew:

I managed to kill him right as the bell started ringing :lul: 

On a side note I think the gem/valuable system was nicely fleshed out compared to the original. You can either sell valuables right away if you need the money or you can wait until you slot them with gems to make them more valuable and sell them later.

Liking it but why the fuck is there no dodge button? I’m about an hour in, already I’ve been bum rushed many times by some goon with a pitchfork and there’s no way to make Leon move his stupid ass out the way. I seem to be eating the magic herbs as soon as I find them. 

8 minutes ago, Cell said:

Liking it but why the fuck is there no dodge button? I’m about an hour in, already I’ve been bum rushed many times by some goon with a pitchfork and there’s no way to make Leon move his stupid ass out the way. I seem to be eating the magic herbs as soon as I find them. 

You can avoid a lot of those direct attacks by just crouching and then strafing to a side at the same time. Also make sure you're making use of the parry.

Just now, Twinblade said:

You can avoid a lot of those direct attacks by just crouching and then strafing to a side at the same time. Also make sure you're making use of the parry.

I smoke weed like once/twice a week on a Friday and Saturday evening. Last night I found myself playing the first hour after blazing the herb up. 

I didn’t know there was a strafe button. 

:ben:

1 minute ago, Cell said:

I smoke weed like once/twice a week on a Friday and Saturday evening. Last night I found myself playing the first hour after blazing the herb up. 

I didn’t know there was a strafe button. 

:ben:

Technically there isn't. By strafing I mean just using both sticks to move to the side :] 

Goddamn the gem system seems too good at times. I just slotted 5 of the same colored ones into a crown and it increased its value from 19K to nearly 100k ptas :D im also using the case that increases the drop rate for ptas so I’m pretty loaded right now.