RE4 Official discussion thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Resident Evil 5 Remake. We've reached rock bottom. 

Spending time with the wife tonight so I can ignore her all weekend to play the GOAT. 

I saw this on twitter and had to post it. Its so ridiculous.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:39 PM, Twinblade said:

Goddamn the gem system seems too good at times. I just slotted 5 of the same colored ones into a crown and it increased its value from 19K to nearly 100k ptas :D im also using the case that increases the drop rate for ptas so I’m pretty loaded right now.

well installing the gams was also the same in the original. I don't know if the item description hinted to you that the gem looks like it was once belong as part of a thing. And then eventually you gained the crown, or mask, and could start putting gems in them.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

well installing the gams was also the same in the original. I don't know if the item description hinted to you that the gem looks like it was once belong as part of a thing. And then eventually you gained the crown, or mask, and could start putting gems in them.

This one is all based on colors so its a bit different. depending on what color gems you insert you get a multiplier that increases the value of the item. The crown for example has 5 whole slots so If you can gather 5 gems of the same color and then slot them in the value of it increases by a huge amount.

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This one is all based on colors so its a bit different. depending on what color gems you insert you get a multiplier that increases the value of the item. The crown for example has 5 whole slots so If you can gather 5 gems of the same color and then slot them in the value of it increases by a huge amount.

It worked like this in the orginal. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I know this forum is practically dead and all but damn, I didn't expect a RE4 remake to generate such little discussion.

Anyway I expect to finish the game later tonight so ill share some more thoughts then.

RE4 is a game we all played a billion times over the last 18 years.  While the remake is excellent at its core its RE4... Not really a new experience but a new take on a old experience. 

So the only new things to really discuss gameplay wise would be the new additions to the remake. 

There have been several threads about the game's graphics and performance on PS5 vs Xbox. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

RE4 is a game we all played a billion times over the last 18 years.  While the remake is excellent at its core its RE4... Not really a new experience but a new take on a old experience. 

So the only new things to really discuss gameplay wise would be the new additions to the remake. 

There have been several threads about the game's graphics and performance on PS5 vs Xbox. 

Those threads are just arguments about graphics. Nobody is actually discussing the game itself.

5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I want to play this someday :] 

Is it still full of small details like the original or is it a soulless remake? 

Its got plenty of details, yes

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

I want to play this someday :] 

Is it still full of small details like the original or is it a soulless remake? 

It appears to have a lot of added details. Watch some of the vids.  Pretty wild. 

Just finished it after 15 hours with a B rank :]

Great game, i'd say for the average person it'll at least be as good as RE2 remake or better. For me personally I would just barely give the edge to RE2, mainly because its bigger focus on horror and puzzles was more my thing.

The game will definitely surprise with some of the additions and changes, so im interested in seeing how more people react to that stuff.

I will say I do wish they had done more to flesh out the characters and story. Maybe Im just spoiled by Sony's first party games, but it just seems odd how you spend sizeable chunks of the game with Ashley and outside of a one liner here and there she's just mute and you basically know nothing about her or her backstory.

Leon's one liners are phenomenal though. They're so campy and cheesy, I legitimately smiled at almost every single one of them.

Also they changed Ada's voice actor and her new voice takes A LOT of getting used to. It doesn't really fit the character if ill be honest.

But yeah I enjoyed myself quite a bit overall. I would have immediately jumped into New Game+ on a harder difficulty setting if I wasn't in the middle of Trails to Azure and Company of Heroes 3. I need to make more progress in those games first.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It appears to have a lot of added details. Watch some of the vids.  Pretty wild. 

I was kinda upset when I saw a short 2 minute video that revealed a secret that immediately started getting people in the comments sections salivating about seeing speedruns.

this game definitely has some rewards for fucking around with stuff.

Edited by jehurey
22 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it after 15 hours with a B rank :]

Great game, i'd say for the average person it'll at least be as good as RE2 remake or better. For me personally I would just barely give the edge to RE2, mainly because its bigger focus on horror and puzzles was more my thing.

The game will definitely surprise with some of the additions and changes, so im interested in seeing how more people react to that stuff.

I will say I do wish they had done more to flesh out the characters and story. Maybe Im just spoiled by Sony's first party games, but it just seems odd how you spend sizeable chunks of the game with Ashley and outside of a one liner here and there she's just mute and you basically know nothing about her or her backstory.

Leon's one liners are phenomenal though. They're so campy and cheesy, I legitimately smiled at almost every single one of them.

Also they changed Ada's voice actor and her new voice takes A LOT of getting used to. It doesn't really fit the character if ill be honest.

But yeah I enjoyed myself quite a bit overall. I would have immediately jumped into New Game+ on a harder difficulty setting if I wasn't in the middle of Trails to Azure and Company of Heroes 3. I need to make more progress in those games first.

Really? I'm not getting this at all. I found RE2 to be more horror focused, mainly because of the tighter, more enclosed environments and arguably bigger emphasis on gore. RE4 absolutely has that but the first hour of RE2 features cops getting chewed in half and shit. Also the tyrant chasing you around when you can only stun him, and the fact he's relentless about it. I'll add the caveat that I played that game through like 4 times and the latter 3 I had a infinite ammo submachine gun which I used to light zombies up for fun which wasn't exactly creating a 'horror' style of gameplay but I'm finding RE4 more along those lines. RE4 is great so far (I'm only on chapter 4) but I find I can generally just run away and take people out from distance. Also, little touches like the merchants pirate themed gun range don't exactly build horror. Its great nonetheless but I'm intrigued as to why you think its more horror based than RE2.

Edited by Cell
7 minutes ago, Cell said:

Really? I'm not getting this at all. I found RE2 to be more horror focused, mainly because of the tighter, more enclosed environments and arguably bigger emphasis on gore. RE4 absolutely has that but the first hour of RE2 features cops getting chewed in half and shit. Also the tyrant chasing you around when you can only stun him, and the fact he's relentless about it. I'll add the caveat that I played that game through like 4 times and the latter 3 I had a infinite ammo submachine gun which I used to light zombies up for fun which wasn't exactly creating a 'horror' style of gameplay but I'm finding RE4 more along those lines. RE4 is great so far (I'm only on chapter 4) but I find I can generally just run away and take people out from distance. Also, little touches like the merchants pirate themed gun range don't exactly build horror. Its great nonetheless but I'm intrigued as to why you think its more horror based than RE2.

Bro are you high? That was literally the point I was making :ben: 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Bro are you high? That was literally the point I was making :ben: 

Not high just tired, lmao. I read your post incorrectly as you giving the edge to RE4 because of the increased horror when you actually said RE2. I was like what the fuck do you mean. :indiflaughspin:

• Haha 1