Was Sega more arrogant than Nintendo in the 5th gen?

Only including a 3 button controller with the Genesis throughout the 5th gen.

Assuming people wanted "Vectorman" when it was an unproven game.

Nintendo had more respect for the consumer,2 six button controllers and Mario World were 

bundled with the console while gamers who went with Sega had a caveat right out of the box,

ask your parents for a Decent controller after they just got an entire console. There's no reason

why a gaming system sku shoul've been this shitty in the final days of 1995!!

Screenshot - www.ebay.com_1172292802.jpg

Edited by dilan147

sega megadrive owned, it had some amazing games and we had way more games for it than SNES, but the SNES is far superior in every way. I never found a true rivalry growing up, there just weren't any Sega-only fans, everyone just agreed the SNES was better.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I actually appreciated all the weird shit Sega was doing at the time. I remember thinking the dreamcast's VMUs were cool as fuck and would change the way we played games :D 

Why oh why did they have to place the cable at bottom though? :scust:

• dead 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I actually appreciated all the weird shit Sega was doing at the time. I remember thinking the dreamcast's VMUs were cool as fuck and would change the way we played games :D 

Gotta admit these kind of gimmicks bring soul to the system, still feel nothing but love when I grab a VMU  :glad: 

I think those expensive 2 x CR2032 batteries that ran out of juice so quickly were the biggest offender with the VMU design :laff: 

• Upvote 1

Genesis was the only good era for Sega. Yeah Dreamcast is a cool cult system, and Game Gear beat Nintendo to color by like 5 years, but neither was widely popular. I was a total Nintendo kid at the time, but Genesis was a solid system.