21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I actually just made tacos with ground turkey and a little bit of cheddar cheese for the first time. They actually came out pretty good.

I can't remember the last time I had a burito.

Ground turkey is way better than beef imo. I just made some today as well, but put then in burritos… can fit way more meat. 

Burritos almost always have too much tortilla in places where you don't want to just eat tortilla.

A tacos delivers the stuff with as minimal tortilla as possible. And not only that, you can do other things like deep fry the tortilla itself.

Doing that to the tortilla and then wrapping it into a burrito would almost certain cause it to break apart. Not to mention that most burritos are limited to using a flour tortilla, which you wouldn't deep fry to begin with.

The only burritos that I prefer to eat are breakfast burritos that have scrambled egg in them.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Ground turkey is way better than beef imo. I just made some today as well, but put then in burritos… can fit way more meat. 

Ground Turkey is too dry so its tricky to prepare. I had to add some water and oat flour to thicken it up a bit and give it a better consistency.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Burritos almost always have too much tortilla in places where you don't want to just eat tortilla.

A tacos delivers the stuff with as minimal tortilla as possible. And not only that, you can do other things like deep fry the tortilla itself.

Doing that to the tortilla and then wrapping it into a burrito would almost certain cause it to break apart. Not to mention that most burritos are limited to using a flour tortilla, which you wouldn't deep fry to begin with.

The only burritos that I prefer to eat are breakfast burritos that have scrambled egg in them.

Breakfast burritos rock. 

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Ground Turkey is too dry so its tricky to prepare. I had to add some water and oat flour to thicken it up a bit and give it a better consistency.

Meh I haven’t noticed that really. I get 99% fat free and just throw the block on a skillet and cook it the same way as beef. Then just throw some water and the taco mix and it’s good imo. 

2 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Meh I haven’t noticed that really. I get 99% fat free and just throw the block on a skillet and cook it the same way as beef. Then just throw some water and the taco mix and it’s good imo. 

Look for 93% dark meat turkey instead. The extra calories are negligible but the difference in taste is quite noticeable.

oh and lol at taco mix :RISITAS: just use the individual seasonings and combine them yourself.

49 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Look for 93% dark meat turkey instead. The extra calories are negligible but the difference in taste is quite noticeable.

oh and lol at taco mix :RISITAS: just use the individual seasonings and combine them yourself.

I like ole paso😏

• Upvote 1