Rumor: Switch 2 details, expected release date in 2023, as fast as the PS4, with DLSS and 4K at 30 FPS

Who knows how accurate. There have been so many rumors over the last few years.  

- The console is codenamed "Hawk" ("HWK"), while the Switch 2 Development Kit is codenamed "HTW".

- There are some small "tricks" along with the "hybrid" features of Switch (without specifying them).

- Performance is comparable to PS4.

- 7-inch 1080p OLED screen.

- DLSS support is included, which indicates that the SoC will be NVIDIA again.

- 4K at 30 FPS seems doable.

- Nintendo provided screenshots of a tech demo similar to Star Fox to show its advantages and disadvantages.

- Support for Ray Tracing (but not expected to be used much).

- 16 GB of RAM. 2 GB for the operating system. Games will use 10 GB, 4 GB of Swap?

- The cartridges will be slightly wider than the original Switch. Height and depth do not change or are very similar.

- Some files may load very quickly. Common decompression types are supported and there is a new one "HLZ".

- "Next-gen" patches are possible. Nintendo has been pushing for next-gen exclusives.

- Systems can transfer data stored with other systems or with "Communication Companion Devices" (CCDs).

- Third-party companies have not seen the CCDs. Switch Lite consoles were delivered as placeholders.

- Each CCD can be linked to a user profile, allowing the CCD to act as an intermediary for communication between its linked system and other systems/CCDs. The CCD devkit allows developers to simulate multiple systems.

- The code name "asynchronous encounter communication" (AEC) has been created.

- Games cannot rely on up-to-date information and should allow "multiplayer responses".

- There were some talks about streaming multiplayer games to smartphones, but the current status of development is unknown.

- Expected to launch in the second half of 2023.

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Rumor: Switch 2 details, expected release date in 2023, as fast as the PS4, with DLSS and 4K at 30 FPS
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That 1080p screen at 7 inches makes this rumor a fake.    That's a waste of extra resources for no tangible benefit at that screen size.      The Switch 2 specs from a SOC standpoint al

It's going to be a hybrid console and I can guarantee you that the image quality will be better than the PS4 pro.  It's going to have a more modern SOC and at least 10gigs of ram.  I don't think it wi

I assume it will be another hybrid console. I just don't think it'll be anywhere near the performance sheep are imagining. We go through this every fucking time. Also we know what a PS4 handheld looks

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Too embarrassed to post the 4chan source.

This is total wishful thinking, and even the fantasy is inferior to existing options.

This info is probably accurate.  I have a friend who works in middleware development and about two months ago told me that Nintendo had a codename "Hawk" in reference to some type of development but could not verify if it was hardware or software.  

2 hours ago, lostfool said:

This info is probably accurate.  I have a friend who works in middleware development and about two months ago told me that Nintendo had a codename "Hawk" in reference to some type of development but could not verify if it was hardware or software.  

Nintendo hasn't made a game close to the level of production as Uncharted 2. Forget about Uncharted 4. What do they need with a handheld PS4?

3 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Nintendo hasn't made a game close to the level of production as Uncharted 2. Forget about Uncharted 4. What do they need with a handheld PS4?

It's going to be a hybrid console and I can guarantee you that the image quality will be better than the PS4 pro.  It's going to have a more modern SOC and at least 10gigs of ram.  I don't think it will be 16 like leak says because I think that is a dev kit spec.  

Edited by lostfool
  • Haha 1

That 1080p screen at 7 inches makes this rumor a fake.    That's a waste of extra resources for no tangible benefit at that screen size. 

The Switch 2 specs from a SOC standpoint already leaked in the Nvidia files hack.  Everything is fake news. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That 1080p screen at 7 inches makes this rumor a fake.    That's a waste of extra resources for no tangible benefit at that screen size. 

The Switch 2 specs from a SOC standpoint already leaked in the Nvidia files hack.  Everything is fake news. 

Not that I doubt the OP is fake, but the  The Switch OLED screen is 7 inches at 720p isn’t it? 

Just now, Cooke said:

It's 720

Yeah I corrected myself. 

Id see them increasing it a bit. 

but lol @ gouk claiming there’s no difference when he bragged about having 2k screen resolution on 6” phone screens 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

If we have 2k phones playing somewhat graphically intensive games for years now why wouldn't the switch 2 have 1080p? Not saying i care all that much but it's definitely feasible 

1 minute ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Yeah I corrected myself. 

Id see them increasing it a bit. 

but lol @ gouk claiming there’s no difference when he bragged about having 2k screen resolution on 6” phone screens 

Switch is a dedicated gaming device, a phone is multi media device, taking pictures, recording videos and watching UHD content.  You're not doing that on Switch doofus. 

They will be able to create better looking games with more available headroom left over, with better battery life etc... And hit the native res on the screen. 

Than going after 1080p in portable mode for worse battery life, less resources for a slightly better res at 7 inches and not hit native res as often. 

Even the deck is in that 720 to 800p range. 

Every reputable leak so far has said 720p - 800p portable but who knows.