E3 officially cancelled

remember when people were mocking Nintendo about 10 years ago when they were the first ones who decided that their E3 was going to come in the form of a youtube video presentation, pre-taped?

I only got to experience a little bit of the "good ol' days" of business conventions. Where a whole bunch of 50 year old men travel to a city to accomplish almost NOTHING but just walk around and pick up some pamphlets and exchange business cards, and the real reason they were there was to rack up airline and hotel charges and drink a whole bunch with industry friends that they already talk to every other week by phone.

This was always going to happen. Booth babes have absolutely nothing to do with it, except for people who wish they could see a booth babe.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

remember when people were mocking Nintendo about 10 years ago when they were the first ones who decided that their E3 was going to come in the form of a youtube video presentation, pre-taped?

I only got to experience a little bit of the "good ol' days" of business conventions. Where a whole bunch of 50 year old men travel to a city to accomplish almost NOTHING but just walk around and pick up some pamphlets and exchange business cards, and the real reason they were there was to rack up airline and hotel charges and drink a whole bunch with industry friends that they already talk to every other week by phone.

This was always going to happen. Booth babes have absolutely nothing to do with it, except for people who wish they could see a booth babe.

You'd make a sexy booth babe 

I skipped it the last decade or so. I remember I watched it with my friends and we were hoping for a new Final Fantasy reveal - I remember that FF14 announcement and then you realize it's an MMO :kaz: :cat:

crazy how years later it turned into one of the best FF games with amazing stories on par with the mainline FF. :bow: 

also RIP e3, Kazuo and the sony show will forever have a special place in me heart

Edited by kaz