Can't preload Dead Island 2 on EGS

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Can't preload Dead Island 2 on EGS
8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You mean Dead Island 2?

Says game not available until April 21.

So because you can't preload files beforehand, its a "dumpster fire"?:yeshrug:

Not being able to preload a fairly major game in 2023 is pretty sad.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

ya'll need better internet. I can download any game in minutes nowadays which has made pre-loading basically irrelevant.

Yeah, let me just get fiber real quick. :rage:

I have Starlink now so it would only take an hour or two (would take days before with DSL), but 12 AM unlock + couple hours of download and I'm not playing anything on release night without a pre-load. The only game I'd really care to is D4 so I'm really just trolling.

8 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Why would you even get this game is the better question 

Came free with my video card. I wouldn't spend money on this and I certainly don't actually care I can't play it the night of release (I only knew it was coming out because of your Burning Shores thread which made me check the Metacritic score and Dead Island 2 was on the front page).

I just like clowning on EGS.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Came free with my video card. I wouldn't spend money on this and I certainly don't actually care I can't play it the night of release (I only knew it was coming out because of your Burning Shores thread which made me check the Metacritic score and Dead Island 2 was on the front page).

I just like clowning on EGS.

Fair enough. Clown away 

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Not being able to preload a fairly major game in 2023 is pretty sad.

Ah, engaging in PC digital storefront fanboyism.

I think its only appropriate that it looks like Epic Game Store employees had better things to do this Thursday evening than the PC gamers whining spending it talking about where their pre-load is at.

• NPC 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

ya'll need better internet. I can download any game in minutes nowadays which has made pre-loading basically irrelevant.

Some third world countries (like the UK) just don't have that option. You can't just get better internet, the infastructure needs to be in place first.

16 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Literally this. I’ve had a gb+ down for nearly half a decade if not more. 

This NY startup expanded their services to CT and I was one of their first customers in the state + i referred a few people to them so they’re giving me a good deal. I’m getting gig internet for just $70/month :smoke: