• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

best on PC!!!

Doubtful, I think its painfully obvious jerry gets more joy out of arguing with people online than he could ever get out of any videogame.

Sheep status: sheared

Posted Images

Just now, -GD-X said:

i was actually looking at some laptops with a 3060. good enough for indie games, older AAA games and emulators?

It's better than that. Plays Atomic Heart and Darktide smoothly on high settings.

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

It's better than that. Plays Atomic Heart and Darktide smoothly on high settings.

no shit! is there a laptop you can recommend me, where the cpu and ram will be sufficent? i only need 1 tb of ssd.

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

no shit! is there a laptop you can recommend me. where the cpu and ram will be sufficent? i only need 1 tb of ssd.

I'm really happy with this one, Zephyrus G15. It's the lowest tier model: 512GB pcie4 SSD included and 8+8GB ram. I already added 2TB nvme. Eventually I'll swap in a 32GB dimm for 40GB.  The CPU is a beast. I'm not a fan of Gaming PCs with huge vents out the back and crazy RGB lighting.  This one is slick by comparison. The fan noise can get crazy during gaming tho.

Edited by sugarhigh
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I'm really happy with this one, Zephyrus G15. It's the lowest tier model: 512GB pcie4 SSD included and 8+8GB ram. I already added 2TB nvme. Eventually I'll swap in a 32GB dimm for 40GB.  The CPU is a beast. I'm not a fan of Gaming PCs with huge vents out the back and crazy RGB lighting.  This one is slick by comparison. The fan noise can get crazy during gaming tho.

this one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-16-fhd-165hz-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-ddr5-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-512gb-pcie-4-0-ssd-off-black/6494642.p?skuId=6494642&extStoreId=1498&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6cKiBhD5ARIsAKXUdyadF1LjE09RDb8NQu0l5pfyCrDpfyhG7JVE7vZr0veb-dV8yVW9eXEaAgsEEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 minute ago, sugarhigh said:

hmmm i may get a tower for a bit more. thanks, though!

• aitch 1

A 3060 is incredibly outdated. I have a 3070Ti and it already struggles with many modern games.

But its really telling how hermits are resorting to playing switch games to distract themselves from the diastorous state of modern pc gaming.

• NPC 1
6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

A 3060 is incredibly outdated. I have a 3070Ti and it already struggles with many modern games.

But its really telling how hermits are resorting to playing switch games to distract themselves from the diastorous state of modern pc gaming.

Lol I'm not going to actually play this trash. I've got too many AAA games in my backlog.

48 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i was actually looking at some laptops with a 3060. good enough for indie games, older AAA games and emulators?

As long as you play in 1080p, you'll be able to play pretty much anything.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Reported to Nintendo for piracy. You cost me $.00001 profit in stock price on my Nintendo stock holdings. Enjoy the incoming lawsuit...asshole. 

The value of a share isn't directly depending on sale numbers like that. lol

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

thanks for reminding us that you don't have anything to play on that handheld you spent $500 on for indie PC games.:drake:

PC Indies outstripped Nintendo's AAA 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

PC Indies outstripped Nintendo's AAA 5 years ago.

judging by how much effort you put to obtain nintendo games............they clearly didn't:drake:

the most hilarious part, is that you go out of your way to let us know this.:tom:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

judging by how much effort you put to obtain nintendo games............they clearly didn't:drake:

the most hilarious part, is that you go out of your way to let us know this.:tom:

It's newsworthy that day-1 Nintendo games can be emulated. I've always been interested in emulation because it still feels like magic that it works at all. I got started with computer nerd-ery with Snes9x.

This is a profoundly weird development that Nintendo hardware fell so far behind, its cutting edge, AAA games can be emulated contemporaneously.