Phil Spencer gives concession speech: “There's no world where Starfield is 11/10 and people start selling their PS5s”

I'm watching IGN's Unlocked Podcast, 15-20 minutes in after they finished talking about how Redfall was the worst AAA game they've ever seen its turned into a group therapy session discussing the rest of the gen. 

:mj:

• dead 2
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When your captain is plainly admitting to being in last place...To a man with the words Xbox taking up a third of his sweater. Lol 

I hate Xbox 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Firing him would be a great move. 

Are you kidding? :D there hasn't been a reason to own an xbox in 12 years, this saves me money. Hopefully they keep Phil around!

• Geese 2
55 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

This is Phil admitting that cloud streaming actually is the future of Xbox and CMA was right to be concerned.

Outside of pipedreams there is nothing to suggest cloud gaming will ever remotely get big. It is their future but due to failure not success.

8 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Outside of pipedreams there is nothing to suggest cloud gaming will ever remotely get big. It is their future but due to failure not success.

I've been thinking about it more and more lately.

If they solve the lag problem, and if its a decent 4K 60 fps at a decent bitrate, then it really becomes the most efficient way to deliver gaming to the masses.

Assuming that internet bandwidth and reliability improves throughout the latter half of this decade.

I am thinking Microsoft would need to create local utility buildings within 30 miles of people's homes, and your home connects to that local building to reduce lag.

And then that local utility building has a super-fast and dedicated connection to an Azure server where the gaming servers would be at.

I think that's what its going to take in order to improve our nation's internet to the next level. That's what we did for regular copper telephone lines, just about every major suburb had its own local phone utility station.

11 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

This is exactly what I thought about stadia tho. It did deliver 4k60 and the lag was fine if the game actually delivered 60fps.

rumor has it that Google was no longer interested in Stadia when Microsoft bought Zenimax.

I guess they knew Microsoft was just going to buy out publishers to prevent Google from having any chance.

When it comes to enterprise cloud services, Microsoft is making alot of money, but they don't actually control that market

125299969_Screenshot2023-05-05at11-55-54InfographicBigThreeDominatetheGlobalCloudMarket.thumb.png.995530dc05e07f5d9099260229553f53.png

And likely never will, with AWS.

Which is why they want to get into cloud gaming, and immediately block Google and Amazon by taking publishers away from them.

The more I think about cloud gaming.......it could be REALLY efficient. They get the most economical CPU/GPU processing power. And they could tell indies to develop to this "small" spec. And then tell AAA developers that they can develop to this larger spec, and the servers could scale their resources accordingly.

No more developing for so many different possibly hardware configurations.

Start playing a game on my Smart TV at my place. Go to a Hotel or some other place that has internet and a Smart TV, or a Roku, and login and continue playing my game, and all I needed to do was bring my controller.

Eventually, their gonna charge you for the bandwidth you're using on top of the games you decide to buy or rent. You could RENT, truly rent, a brand new AAA game for 24 hours, 72 hours, like you do with a VOD movie.

Apparently, this guy has never heard of the concept of great games. That IS literally how it works. After you get the good games, the sales don't happen overnight, but in a few years.

Why would anyone waste their time playing something that isn't good? 

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Apparemment, ce type n’a jamais entendu parler du concept de grands jeux. C’est littéralement comme ça que ça marche. Une fois que vous avez obtenu les bons jeux, les ventes ne se font pas du jour au lendemain, mais dans quelques années.

Pourquoi quelqu’un perdrait-il son temps à jouer à quelque chose qui n’est pas bon?

Tu dis vraiment n’importe quoi. La grande plupart des jeux ce vend plus dans les premier mois que les années qui suivent après, même combiner ensemble.

Lmao, my fucking browser translated your post in french. I don't know how I did that.

Edited by Ramza
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

rumor has it that Google was no longer interested in Stadia when Microsoft bought Zenimax.

I guess they knew Microsoft was just going to buy out publishers to prevent Google from having any chance.

When it comes to enterprise cloud services, Microsoft is making alot of money, but they don't actually control that market

125299969_Screenshot2023-05-05at11-55-54InfographicBigThreeDominatetheGlobalCloudMarket.thumb.png.995530dc05e07f5d9099260229553f53.png

And likely never will, with AWS.

Which is why they want to get into cloud gaming, and immediately block Google and Amazon by taking publishers away from them.

The more I think about cloud gaming.......it could be REALLY efficient. They get the most economical CPU/GPU processing power. And they could tell indies to develop to this "small" spec. And then tell AAA developers that they can develop to this larger spec, and the servers could scale their resources accordingly.

No more developing for so many different possibly hardware configurations.

Start playing a game on my Smart TV at my place. Go to a Hotel or some other place that has internet and a Smart TV, or a Roku, and login and continue playing my game, and all I needed to do was bring my controller.

Eventually, their gonna charge you for the bandwidth you're using on top of the games you decide to buy or rent. You could RENT, truly rent, a brand new AAA game for 24 hours, 72 hours, like you do with a VOD movie.

There's a lot to like about streaming imo. But the community really got riled up against buying games "you don't own". MS is sidestepping that with Gamepass, but I always thought Google was smart to have lifetime (lol) purchases at the 1080p tier.

They should just line ms execs up against a wall and have those cunts shot....in minecraft :happysad:

Nobofy wants to see this greedy fgt ass company buy all the publishers.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Ramza said:

Tu dis vraiment n’importe quoi. La grande plupart des jeux ce vend plus dans les premier mois que les années qui suivent après, même combiner ensemble.

Lmao, my fucking browser translated your post in french. I don't know how I did that.

OK on va parler du francais unexpectedment. 

L'essence de mon post n'a rien a voir avec le vendement des jeux. Il s'agit des consoles. Que les jeux sont responsables enfin pour le vendement des consoles et la qualite du brand, c'est logique. 

(Puffs cigar like a Godard film character). @sugarhigh

9 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

OK on va parler du francais unexpectedment. 

L'essence de mon post n'a rien a voir avec le vendement des jeux. Il s'agit des consoles. Que les jeux sont responsables enfin pour le vendement des consoles et la qualite du brand, c'est logique. 

(Puffs cigar like a Godard film character). @sugarhigh

Oh, I didn't quite get the context. I just saw your post in French and I had to answer it. lmao