Nintendo - No new hardware this FY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One more year of playing games at 24fps and sub HD resolution. 

That's delusional speak.   Switch is missing out on the biggest games of the year so far. Hogwarts Legacy, Wu Long, Resident Evil 4, Dead Space, Hi Fi Rush, Jedi Survivor, Atomic Heart, etc.

RE4 is a remake. I listed the biggest games. You have essentially a Gamecube game, a Wii game and a Gameboy Advance game.    And I guess DLC for a JRPG no one has played. Wow.   Wo

3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Switch is still having the best year out of any console. 

That's delusional speak.

Switch is missing out on the biggest games of the year so far. Hogwarts Legacy, Wu Long, Resident Evil 4, Dead Space, Hi Fi Rush, Jedi Survivor, Atomic Heart, etc.

Switch this year so far has had a remaster of a 2004 Gamecube game, a port of a Wii Kirby game and remasters of Gameboy Advance games.

Lmao.  

• Upvote 1
  • dead 1
12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's delusional speak.

Switch is missing out on the biggest games of the year so far. Hogwarts Legacy, Wu Long, Resident Evil 4, Dead Space, Hi Fi Rush, Jedi Survivor, Atomic Heart, etc.

Switch this year so far has had a remaster of a 2004 Gamecube game, a port of a Wii Kirby game and remasters of Gameboy Advance games.

Lmao.  

You just dissed Switch for having a remaster, then proceed to list remasters. Hogwarts is lame unless you like HP, Wu Long isn’t that good. Jedi Surivor is a broken mess, and all of SW called AH a flop. 

Switch has had MP remaster, the highest rated game of 2023, XC3, and Zelda is releasing this week.  3 AAAes in 5 months. 

9 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

You just dissed Switch for having a remaster, then proceed to list remasters. Hogwarts is lame unless you like HP, Wu Long isn’t that good. Jedi Surivor is a broken mess, and all of SW called AH a flop. 

Switch has had MP remaster, the highest rated game of 2023, XC3, and Zelda is releasing this week.  3 AAAes in 5 months. 

RE4 is a remake. I listed the biggest games. You have essentially a Gamecube game, a Wii game and a Gameboy Advance game. 

And I guess DLC for a JRPG no one has played. Wow.

Worth missing out on all the multiplatform games coming out? Nope. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Casual said:

PC+Switch is still all ya need.

All the multiplats on PC and the best of the exclusives on Switch.

Nah, PC + PS5 is the best. You can already play Switch games on PC without the low frames and terrible resolution and Sony has the best exclusives and a majority of them are still not on PC. 

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Nah, PC + PS5 is the best. You can already play Switch games on PC without the low frames and terrible resolution and Sony has the best exclusives and a majority of them are still not on PC. 

People overrate the Switch emulation. I have both Yuzu and Ryujinx and a good PC, I use both of them but they're often not perfect. It will take a while for TOTK to really be optimized.

Depends on the games you like though, Demon's Souls and Returnal were the only exclusives I really cared for on PS5 so far. I barely turn mine on.

Just now, Ramza said:

Lol at these combo speak. Switch can't stand on it's own, confirmed. 

Not the best console in 2023, confirmed. 

there's no platform that stands on its own. PC is the closest. every console has major compromises.

also, this is a niche video game forum, no one here only owns one platform.

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

there's no platform that stands on its own. PC is the closest. every console has major compromises.

also, this is a niche video game forum, no one here only owns one platform.

PS5 is a better console on it's own than Switch.

And yes PC is probably the most well rounded up.

The point is, the Switch is not having some magical year that is better than the other platforms as suggested by Clowntz. Not one bit. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Ramza said:

RE4 is a remake. I listed the biggest games. You have essentially a Gamecube game, a Wii game and a Gameboy Advance game. 

And I guess DLC for a JRPG no one has played. Wow.

Worth missing out on all the multiplatform games coming out? Nope. 

That RPG that no one played has sold almost 2 million and is sitting at 91%.  It has outsold and outscored the majority of RPGs you play :umad:

Lmfao at you trying to downplay Metroid Prime remaster... All The assets etc were remade from the ground up and it's the highest rated game of the year. 

Switch is about to have the biggest release of the year so far this week. 

Switch is having a great year... And so is PS5. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That RPG that no one played has sold almost 2 million and is sitting at 91%.  It has outsold and outscored the majority of RPGs you play :umad:

Lmfao at you trying to downplay Metroid Prime remaster... All The assets etc were remade from the ground up and it's the highest rated game of the year. 

Switch is about to have the biggest release of the year so far this week. 

Switch is having a great year... And so is PS5. 

I meant here, I know Xenoblade is decently popular.

You're still playing the same Metroid Prime in 2023. That's not having a great year regardless of the critical reception.

Unless your idea of a great year is replaying old games that came out decades ago. 

Zelda hasn't come out yet and it's just one game anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I meant here, I know Xenoblade is decently popular.

You're still playing the same Metroid Prime in 2023. That's not having a great year regardless of the critical reception.

Unless your idea of a great year is replaying old games that came out decades ago. 

Zelda hasn't come out yet and it's just one game anyway. 

Lmfao @ using SW as some sort of barometer.... This site only has a handful of people and a few of us from that handful played Xenoblade 3. 

Are you daft? I listed one remaster and 2 new games.    And that one remaster was rated better than the other remasters/remakes you listed :umad:

Point is PS5 is having a great year and so is Switch.  PS5's year should be better as it's a much newer console and much more powerful..... This is year 7 for Switch and it's still having a good year.