Looking for impressions for some of the more B-rate Switch first party games.

I'm always on the lookout for cheaper games on Switch. A few cough my attention.

I want to play the new Warioware since I really liked the first game on GBA. It looks mediocre though.

There's the Fire Emblem Warrior/Hyrule Warrior games which I always find for cheap. I like mindless Dynasty Warrior type games from time to time. I wouldn't mind buying at least one.

Also, I like playing Mario party with friends. There's two Mario Party games on Switch, apparently one is really bad, not sure which one though. 

There's also Paper Mario The Origami King. I love the artstyle of that one.

Any other recommendations for some of the more forgotten Nintendo games would be appreciated.

Just now, -GD-X said:

while it's not b-rate, i can't recommend golf story enough.

I only buy physical on Switch and that Limited Run of Golf Story ain't cheap.

I might still get it though since it's such a beloved Eshop Switch game. 

• Upvote 1

the warioware gba games are in my top 5 favorite handheld games of all time. warioware switch sucks. in the classic games, you would control a random object/person in each mini-game. each one was simple, easy, and fun. in the switch game, theres a roster of playable characters you play as in the mini-games. each character has a different gimmick - one flies, one bounces around, etc and most of them are annoying to control. it also makes each mini-game play more like a traditional game because youre just guiding a player character around a screen instead of doing something random like guiding a hand to pick a nose. and when it starts throwing different characters one mini-game after the other, it takes a second longer to process what character youre controlling, on top of what the object of the mini-game is, which just defeats the purpose of fast, easy to process mini-games. its just all trash.

never played the warriors games, but heard the framerates are legendarily bad. literally drops into like the teens.

super mario party is waggle only, mario party superstars uses buttons only. both pretty barebones content wise. same with the mario sports games. thats the main reason they get mostly 7's. never played paper mario origami king because i was put off by the battle system. look up the trailer if youre curious. one of the worst battle systems in an rpg ive ever seen. none of the mario spin-offs are worth a damn except for maybe mario kart and mario party superstars, but even those have all the usual drawbacks those series are known for.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

the warioware gba games are in my top 5 favorite handheld games of all time. warioware switch sucks. in the classic games, you would control a random object/person in each mini-game. each one was simple, easy, and fun. in the switch game, theres a roster of playable characters you play as in the mini-games. each character has a different gimmick - one flies, one bounces around, etc and most of them are annoying to control. it also makes each mini-game play more like a traditional game because youre just guiding a player character around a screen instead of doing something random like guiding a hand to pick a nose. and when it starts throwing different characters one mini-game after the other, it takes a second longer to process what character youre controlling, on top of what the object of the mini-game is, which just defeats the purpose of fast, easy to process mini-games. its just all trash.

never played the warriors games, but heard the framerates are legendarily bad. literally drops into like the teens.

super mario party is waggle only, mario party superstars uses buttons only. both pretty barebones content wise. same with the mario sports games. thats the main reason they get mostly 7's. never played paper mario origami king because i was put off by the battle system. look up the trailer if youre curious. one of the worst battle systems in an rpg ive ever seen. none of the mario spin-offs are worth a damn except for maybe mario kart and mario party superstars, but even those have all the usual drawbacks those series are known for.

Way to kill my interest. Lmao, wow.  Thanks though, the games aren't cheap and you saved me money/disappointment.  I can get Warioware or Mario Odyssey for the same price. Gonna go for Odyssey then. 

Have you played anything on Switch that is 'b-rate' but actually pretty decent? 

43 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Way to kill my interest. Lmao, wow.  Thanks though, the games aren't cheap and you saved me money/disappointment.  I can get Warioware or Mario Odyssey for the same price. Gonna go for Odyssey then. 

Have you played anything on Switch that is 'b-rate' but actually pretty decent? 

kirby forgotten land and pikmin 3 seemed pretty decent if you’re into those series. i got my fill from the demos though lol

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

If you want a good TBS game definitely give Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope a try

I will. It's always on sale anyway, One of the cheapest first party, probably because it's Ubisoft. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

kirby forgotten land and pikmin 3 seemed pretty decent if you’re into those series. i got my fill from the demos though lol

My issue with Nintendo is that something like Kirby Forgotten Land at a budget price point would be compulsive purchase. At 60$ though, it's not that appealing. 

I played Dikmen 3 on WiiU. I hate that fucking series. Gameplay is not for me at all.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ike said:

For Mario Party games, you’re better off getting a Switch Online subscription and playing the N64 ones. :] 

:D 

How hard is it to make a fun Mario party game?

bro...get ringfit adventure. it is the best party game on the switch. my family and i played the hell out of it during several xmas parties. the mini games are pretty great.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

:D 

How hard is it to make a fun Mario party game?

Well the best since MP5 was the most recent for Switch but it’s just a remix of 1-3 boards with the greatest hits mini-games so yeah…Mario Party 3 should be coming soon for Switch Online and those do have online functionality. I think the franchise peaked at 3 honestly. You got buddies and 3 items, wonderful maps and awesome mini-games. 

• Upvote 1