Official Zelda Discussion Thread

Beat it. I really enjoyed it, but I'm still really disappointed in the temples even including the questing before you see the 'Soandso Temple' splash. They fixed the weapon problem, the shrines are great, open world quests are a lot more abundant and more interesting, but they just can't make a dungeon to save their lives.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat the campaign. Wow, I was so close on my first try last night  but it was pretty easy on my second (or my parry game was just way better this morning lol). As for the fight itself, the whole sca

At the 75hr mark, about 74 shrines in and im now about to enter the temple in the desert.    Still have 1 more tower to get.

Picked this up again to find all the shrines and do side missions and side Adventures.    This game is so jammed packed with content it feels like the DLC for this game was included at launc

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You guys beating it pretty damn quick.

What type of hours yous putting into it?

Probably won't get around to it till after Diablo IV and FFXVI

I’m at 95. I’ve done a lot do general exploring though, could be where I’m at much quicker I’m sure. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Beat it. I really enjoyed it, but I'm still really disappointed in the temples even including the questing before you see the 'Soandso Temple' splash. They fixed the weapon problem, the shrines are great, open world quests are a lot more abundant and more interesting, but they just can't make a dungeon to save their lives.

Agreed. The temples are still the weak point. The game would be near perfect if they rivaled old school Zelda temples.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Agreed. The temples are still the weak point. The game would be near perfect if they rivaled old school Zelda temples.

Definitely, though I still enjoyed the fire and lightning temples. Yeah, they are shorter than the classic ones, but were still well designed. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

You guys beating it pretty damn quick.

What type of hours yous putting into it?

Probably won't get around to it till after Diablo IV and FFXVI

I was at 85. I haven’t been able to play this week. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I’m at 95. I’ve done a lot do general exploring though, could be where I’m at much quicker I’m sure. 

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I was at 85. I haven’t been able to play this week. 

Big hours. Assuming there's probably still a lot to do if yous wanted.

37 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Definitely, though I still enjoyed the fire and lightning temples. Yeah, they are shorter than the classic ones, but were still well designed. 

I don't think they're well designed, at least compared to traditional Zelda dungeons. Your objectives show up on the map and they rarely overlap. You can choose which switch you go after, but it's just a linear set of single room puzzles that don't really hold a candle to what the shrines show the mechanics are capable of. Zelda dungeons are these complex labyrinths with backtracking, mini-bosses, and "events" that just aren't there in TotK.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think they're well designed, at least compared to traditional Zelda dungeons. Your objectives show up on the map and they rarely overlap. You can choose which switch you go after, but it's just a linear set of single room puzzles that don't really hold a candle to what the shrines show the mechanics are capable of. Zelda dungeons are these complex labyrinths with backtracking, mini-bosses, and "events" that just aren't there in TotK.

True. I guess it’s been a minute since I’ve played a classic Zelda. I’ve never found any of their dungeons to be hard, but definitely longer. 

18 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm 80 hours in, beat the game, walk around with 150+ damage weapons, and just this morning got my second battery. :D

God Sauce :bow: You got the BD-Zelda-E :bow: 

So I believe im on the last mission

Spoiler

destroy gannondorf

And I don’t think I’m ready to do it. I mean, powerful enough, but I just want to keep collecting shit. Is it similar to botw where it just takes you back to the last save or is there a true end world? 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

So I believe im on the last mission

Reveal hidden contents

destroy gannondorf

And I don’t think I’m ready to do it. I mean, powerful enough, but I just want to keep collecting shit. Is it similar to botw where it just takes you back to the last save or is there a true end world? 

Spoiler

Yup, you just go back to your last save

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Just got the master sword waaaay out of order and discovered it out if share curiosity. 

The sense of adventure in the game is next to none.

Yeah, stumbling upon loot that feels late game is a thrill.