Official Zelda Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I got an amor set that comes with a 24 protection and an attack + buff. No upgrades needed :wow2:Ok, time to do the fire temple. I did a bunch of rupee gem farming in the caves to get some things I needed. 

Lmao every day you say you’re taking a break for a few days and every day you come in here with some crazy progress. :D how many hours do you think you’ve played so far? 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat the campaign. Wow, I was so close on my first try last night  but it was pretty easy on my second (or my parry game was just way better this morning lol). As for the fight itself, the whole sca

At the 75hr mark, about 74 shrines in and im now about to enter the temple in the desert.    Still have 1 more tower to get.

Picked this up again to find all the shrines and do side missions and side Adventures.    This game is so jammed packed with content it feels like the DLC for this game was included at launc

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Lmao every day you say you’re taking a break for a few days and every day you come in here with some crazy progress. :D how many hours do you think you’ve played so far? 

I know. I get burnt out, but then I play a little and get sucked back in :D 40 hours?  

Edit: it’s like Elden Ring again. Every day I was “taking a break” lol

17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I know. I get burnt out, but then I play a little and get sucked back in :D 40 hours?  

Edit: it’s like Elden Ring again. Every day I was “taking a break” lol

For sure. This game is even more distracting imo. Like I’ll go and set out to do something. But then I get side tracked. Then sidetracked while being sidetracked. Rinse and repeat until I forget what the original idea even was 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

For sure. This game is even more distracting imo. Like I’ll go and set out to do something. But then I get side tracked. Then sidetracked while being sidetracked. Rinse and repeat until I forget what the original idea even was 

Yes!! :D 

Ill be honest, eventhough just exploring the world is still fun, the rewards you get for doing so are pretty weak.

90% of the treasure chests I find just have junk in them. Average breakable weapons/shields/bows and random materials. Sometimes ill open a chest and literally forget what I got from it a few seconds later :D 

Same thing with side quests. Even the more elaborate ones end with me getting a few rupees and maybe some materials. Thats it.

The shrines and towers are by far the most rewarding content because the puzzles themselves are fun but they actually contribute to permanent upgrades that affect Link along with the game world (like revealing chunks of the maps and unlocking fast travel points).

Im starting to think I should just focus on the story and just do all the shrines/towers that I come across on the way.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Ok, regarding my quest to the fire temple. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yunobo’s roll charge is awesome! It will make looting mountains even easier. 

I think you'll like the Fire Temple. I did the Wind Temple yesterday and it actually felt like a downgrade in comparison.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I think you'll like the Fire Temple. I did the Wind Temple yesterday and it actually felt like a downgrade in comparison.

Yeah, the path to the wind temple is better than the actual temple. I just finished the fire one. That was fantastic! 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ill be honest, eventhough just exploring the world is still fun, the rewards you get for doing so are pretty weak.

90% of the treasure chests I find just have junk in them. Average breakable weapons/shields/bows and random materials. Sometimes ill open a chest and literally forget what I got from it a few seconds later :D 

Same thing with side quests. Even the more elaborate ones end with me getting a few rupees and maybe some materials. Thats it.

The shrines and towers are by far the most rewarding content because the puzzles themselves are fun but they actually contribute to permanent upgrades that affect Link along with the game world (like revealing chunks of the maps and unlocking fast travel points).

Im starting to think I should just focus on the story and just do all the shrines/towers that I come across on the way.

I hear ya. Searching every nook and cranny yields mostly meh rewards. The occasional great/epic one is tucked away. Like you, I’m going to focus on the main quests moving forward. You get a lot of loot anyhow. If I hit a road block, I’ll hunt for more items. I was feeling burnt out when I made collecting items a priority.  The shrines/towers are awesome, so I’ll definitely do more shrines when my sensor goes off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Almost wish I had a Ditch to play this. Kinda funny how missing out on a new Zelda game and not playing it day one used to be something unthinkable to me :downs:

Yet I bought and still got BOTW for the WiiU sitting in my cabinet, still sealed :tard:

Do you miss out on not playing BOTW before this one or can you go right in?

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I hear ya. Searching every nook and cranny yields mostly meh rewards. The occasional great/epic one is tucked away. Like you, I’m going to focus on the main quests moving forward. You get a lot of loot anyhow. If I hit a road block, I’ll hunt for more items. I was feeling burnt out when I made collecting items a priority.  The shrines/towers are awesome, so I’ll definitely do more shrines when my sensor goes off. 

How do you get the shrine sensor? The dude from the research lab mentions it but he’s still at lookout landing in my game and hasnt gone to the lab. I’m guessing there’s some specific story content that triggers him moving.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How do you get the shrine sensor? The dude from the research lab mentions it but he’s still at lookout landing in my game and hasnt gone to the lab. I’m guessing there’s some specific story content that triggers him moving.

You gotta do his assistant’s first. You’ll get the 

Spoiler

Autobuild feature. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yes you collect items on your journey/quest.... The journey is not solely to collects the items...

If you're journeying just for items then you will get burnt out quickly but if you're doing quests and collecting items on the way then you hit the sweet spot. 

35 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Almost wish I had a Ditch to play this. Kinda funny how missing out on a new Zelda game and not playing it day one used to be something unthinkable to me :downs:

Yet I bought and still got BOTW for the WiiU sitting in my cabinet, still sealed :tard:

Do you miss out on not playing BOTW before this one or can you go right in?

This game picks up right where BOTW ends off... Like literally right after. 

It builds on top on what BOTW established and adds soo much more.  If you play this first you may not enjoy BOTW as much. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

You gotta do his assistant’s first. You’ll get the 

Reveal hidden contents

Autobuild feature. 

Spoiler

Is his assistant’s quest the one where you have to follow the direction the statues in the depths point to to find some kind of temple?

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Is his assistant’s quest the one where you have to follow the direction the statues in the depths point to to find some kind of temple?

Yup! 

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes you collect items on your journey/quest.... The journey is not solely to collects the items...

If you're journeying just for items then you will get burnt out quickly but if you're doing quests and collecting items on the way then you hit the sweet spot. 

Ya. This seems like the best way to play. 

53 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ya. This seems like the best way to play. 

Its just ridiculous how you find chests in the middle of nowhere and your first thought is 'woah this must be something cool!' and then you open it and see

arrow x 5

:| 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Its just ridiculous how you find chests in the middle of nowhere and your first thought is 'woah this must be something cool!' and then you open it and see

:| 

Been there lol