Official Zelda Discussion Thread

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat the campaign. Wow, I was so close on my first try last night  but it was pretty easy on my second (or my parry game was just way better this morning lol). As for the fight itself, the whole sca

At the 75hr mark, about 74 shrines in and im now about to enter the temple in the desert.    Still have 1 more tower to get.

Picked this up again to find all the shrines and do side missions and side Adventures.    This game is so jammed packed with content it feels like the DLC for this game was included at launc

Posted Images

But it’s definitely not wearing out its welcome. I love the latest revelation. Also, my 30-40 power swords are barely cutting it now. I think I need to start killing these side bosses to get the better ones. I’m glad there’s an incentive to continue improving my character. My armor is pretty solid. I can definitely improve it, though. 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

But it’s definitely not wearing out its welcome. I love the latest revelation. Also, my 30-40 power swords are barely cutting it now. I think I need to start killing these side bosses to get the better ones. I’m glad there’s an incentive to continue improving my character. My armor is pretty solid. I can definitely improve it, though. 

The great fairies power increase the level of your clothing and armor. Don't forget to improve those as well. 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Remij said:

Super impressive for Switch hardware.  Imagine what these guys could do on modern hardware!

imagine how disappointing other developers are given the hardware they develop for.

Especially Xbox and their supposed power specs.

Aw well, that's why Nintendo and Sony make the most because they actually push their hardware to the limit instead of stupid shit like 240Hz.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The great fairies power increase the level of your clothing and armor. Don't forget to improve those as well. 

Yup! That’s what I’m going to do. I have only opened 1 of them. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

imagine how disappointing other developers are given the hardware they develop for.

Especially Xbox and their supposed power specs.

Aw well, that's why Nintendo and Sony make the most because they actually push their hardware to the limit instead of stupid shit like 240Hz.

Yeah, I’m so impressed with TOTK. I can’t believe the Switch’s dated tech can push so much interactive geometry without any glitches (I haven’t seen any). You’d think Link would be getting stuck in walls and shit. But none of that. Nintendo really knows how to push hardware to the breaking point. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine has beaten it. When I told him where I was at, he laughed and said I haven’t seen shit. Some amazing sections are to come, apparently :smoke:

This is going to end up being my favorite 3D Zelda. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

A friend of mine has beaten it. When I told him where I was at, he laughed and said I haven’t seen shit. Some amazing sections are to come, apparently :smoke:

Spoiler

Are there more puzzle focused areas even after you complete the 4 temples?

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

My absolute favorite 3D Zelda is still hands down OOT. 

Playing that game release year in 1998 was revolutionary.. The things we take for granted in 3D games today that game pioneered.

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

My absolute favorite 3D Zelda is still hands down OOT. 

Playing that game release year in 1998 was revolutionary.. The things we take for granted in 3D games today that game pioneered.

OOT has a lot of nostalgia for me. It’s definitely one of the best 

• Like 1

As awesome as Zelda BOTW and TOTK are, I don't think I want the series to remain quite this open going forward forever.  I know they've said that this will be the template going forward, but I think it needs to bring back even more of that structure of the past Zelda titles to it.

Or another way I'd be really happy would be if they continue Zelda like this, to also release smaller scale more traditional Zelda games, like say A Link Between Worlds, A Link to the Past, and such.  They don't have to spend tons of money on making them, but focus on those core puzzle solving and traditional dungeon designs of the classics.  I'd love that!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

What's your playtime like so far guys? 

Im at only 35 hrs after 11 days. 

Mine says 75 hours but I leave it open/on a lot. So I don’t think it’s accurate 

if I had to guess probably 45-50. Maybe a little higher. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
15 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Mine says 75 hours but I leave it open/on a lot. So I don’t think it’s accurate 

if I had to guess probably 45-50. Maybe a little higher. 

It counts actual playtime, not just the time you have the game open. 

22 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It counts actual playtime, not just the time you have the game open. 

Sometimes I’ll travel to a shrine and just leave it for 30+ mins while I do other things. The games still running unpaused. It only seems to turn off if undocked 

Edited by Tears of the Cows