Official Zelda Discussion Thread

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat the campaign. Wow, I was so close on my first try last night  but it was pretty easy on my second (or my parry game was just way better this morning lol). As for the fight itself, the whole sca

At the 75hr mark, about 74 shrines in and im now about to enter the temple in the desert.    Still have 1 more tower to get.

Picked this up again to find all the shrines and do side missions and side Adventures.    This game is so jammed packed with content it feels like the DLC for this game was included at launc

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Breh that's just the beginning :denzel3:

I wish BOTW had started with this pacing.  II have enjoyed the 4 hours I’ve put into the intro more than my 15 hours I had spent with BOTW. 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I wish BOTW had started with this pacing.  II have enjoyed the 4 hours I’ve put into the intro more than my 15 hours I had spent with BOTW. 

Both great games with different approaches at this start. So far TOTK is more "guided" than BOTW. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Both great games with different approaches at this start. So far TOTK is more "guided" than BOTW. 

I think it’s good to have a somewhat guided intro that builds momentum for its open world. That way, you have a good idea of what’s in store. Just my opinion. This is probably the best intro for a 3D Zelda (the first 5 hours are usually zzzzz). 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

I think it’s good to have a somewhat guided intro that builds momentum for its open world. That way, you have a good idea of what’s in store. Just my opinion. This is probably the best intro for a 3D Zelda (the first 5 hours are usually zzzzz). 

I appreciate both approaches. I loved that BOTW left it up to the player to guide themselves through the world... Which brought me back to the same feeling with Zelda 1 on the NES. 

The guided approach like TOTK works when it well done but falls flat when it's not like in sky ward sword. 

• Upvote 1

Im at the end of the tutorial area. I have to say, im impressed by how even during these tutorial sections the game is pretty hands off with how it guides you around the island. It gives you the powers and items but makes you figure out on your own how you should best use them to get from shrine to shrine. Its a refreshing change of pace from Sony's triple A games that treat the player like they're retarded.

• Upvote 1

The opening pacing is definitely improved from BOTW. It’s guided a bit but not hand holding like SS or TP. 

Just got to Hyrule proper and been exploring for an hour. These abilities are awesome and the fuse ability really helps with the durability issue. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

The opening pacing is definitely improved from BOTW. It’s guided a bit but not hand holding like SS or TP. 

Just got to Hyrule proper and been exploring for an hour. These abilities are awesome and the fuse ability really helps with the durability issue. 

Yea its not hand holding you, just guiding you slightly in the tutorial area and leaving up you to figure everything out. The comparison I made was compared to BOTW which didn't really guide you at all. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im at the end of the tutorial area. I have to say, im impressed by how even during these tutorial sections the game is pretty hands off with how it guides you around the island. It gives you the powers and items but makes you figure out on your own how you should best use them to get from shrine to shrine. Its a refreshing change of pace from Sony's triple A games that treat the player like they're retarded.

That's good to hear, Skyward Sword was like that :puke:

Ok the shrines are actually pretty cleverly designed. I was nearly stumped because some start off focused on a particular zonai device and power, so you think that that one mechanic is all you need to focus on to reach the end, but then you realize that you actually might need to combine that with another one of your powers in order to complete the puzzles it presents to you. Definitely some out of the box thinking required that you don't see in too many games nowadays.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ok the shrines are actually pretty cleverly designed. I was nearly stumped because some start off focused on a particular zonai device and power, so you think that that one mechanic is all you need to focus on to reach the end, but then you realize that you actually might need to combine that with another one of your powers in order to complete the puzzles it presents to you. Definitely some out of the box thinking required that you don't see in too many games nowadays.

I’ve YouTubed a few

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So far, almost all of my issues with BOTW have been addressed. The combat is still meh, but I never expect good combat in a Zelda game. 

• Like 1