So I played my new Steam Deck. It’s awesome, but I want to return it.

going to retry this on sunday, but with different games. i was able to play zelda this afternoon on the switch undocked with no problems.

edit: i hope i won't have any issues, since i absolutely love steam os, the hardware itself (godly joysticks and quality build) and what it's capable of.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

going to retry this on sunday, but with different games. i was able to play zelda this afternoon on the switch undocked with no problems.

edit: i hope i won't have any issues, since i absolutely love steam os, the hardware itself (godly joysticks and quality build) and what it's capable of.

It could just be games with detailed graphics. You might want to try playing some 2D ones or 3D ones with lower poly objects and simpler geometry.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It could just be games with detailed graphics. You might want to try playing some 2D ones or 3D ones with lower poly objects and simpler geometry.

that's exactly what i'm going to try out. i'm going to fire up disco elysium: directors cut since it was only $3 (lol at paying $35 on consoles).

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yea, that's kinda weird.  Maybe also try different FOVs if the games allow it. 

34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yea, it's a solid unit.  Coming off a Switch the analogs are just on a completely other level.. and yea man, the OS has come a long LONG way since it launched.  Still lots of improvements to be made, but they're getting there.

When you have a library of games the size of mine, it's kind of overwhelming just how many games you suddenly have instantly playable in a portable handheld.

• aitch 1