PSVR2 games discussion.

One of the best VR game I ever played is this mini golf game. That might sound boring but the physics is downright perfect and you can play it with friends in online coop. It's also pretty cheap in price and has quite a lot of content. It's a must play VR experience, imo. 

I always wanted to try this skateboarding game on PC. It's coming to PSVR2 soon. It's pretty unique as far as VR gaming goes.

This game has really great graphics on PC. This might serve as a nice tech demo for PS5/PSVR2.

Red Matter 2 coming to PSVR2 soon. 120fps, foveated rendering, 4k textures. I only played the first but it was a really good adventure game with cool atmosphere, puzzles and story. 

• aitch 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you have to adjust it, since the configuration was clearly designed for your nephew's eye placement.

I'm very interested in picking up Red Matter 2 and Hubris when they arrive on PSVR2.     I've been playing a ton of GT7 in VR, it's so addicting. My GT7 PSVR2 gameplay I uploaded to Twitter.

Posted Images

That skateboarding game definitely seems interesting. It seems like its got a good sense of speed while still having a big enough FOV without looking  like a warped image.

I don't know why the person is having to look down all the time, but I imagine that the PSVR2 has better ability to see vertically so you can see your skateboard and the path ahead of you within the same frame.

Might check that one out.

Still waiting to see why they haven't upgraded Headmaster to PSVR2 yet. I love that game.

29 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That skateboarding game definitely seems interesting. It seems like its got a good sense of speed while still having a big enough FOV without looking  like a warped image.

I don't know why the person is having to look down all the time, but I imagine that the PSVR2 has better ability to see vertically so you can see your skateboard and the path ahead of you within the same frame.

Might check that one out.

Still waiting to see why they haven't upgraded Headmaster to PSVR2 yet. I love that game.

What have you played on PSVR2? Horizon? I'm interested in knowing how good it looks in the headset. Apparently the resolution is not great? I dunno. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

What have you played on PSVR2? Horizon? I'm interested in knowing how good it looks in the headset. Apparently the resolution is not great? I dunno. 

yeah there are certain objects in which the polygons look like they hold up okay up close, but the texture quality doesn't seem to hold up. Not even to the original games quality.

But I have to say that wooden barrels in Horizon games have never looked real. They almost have a cartoonish quality to them.

The entire game is "bright" scenery, and it sorta feels out of place and unrealistic when viewing in VR. And because its a game in which you have to get close to everything to interact with stuff, I tend to feel a little nauseous, even moreso than other VR games.

42 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

He doesn’t own one :D 

I actually do.

Unlike you, in which you don't own anything.:tom:

Edited by jehurey
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah there are certain objects in which the polygons look like they hold up okay up close, but the texture quality doesn't seem to hold up. Not even to the original games quality.

But I have to say that wooden barrels in Horizon games have never looked real. They almost have a cartoonish quality to them.

The entire game is "bright" scenery, and it sorta feels out of place and unrealistic when viewing in VR. And because its a game in which you have to get close to everything to interact with stuff, I tend to feel a little nauseous, even moreso than other VR games.

I actually do.

Not a single PSVR game :tom:

https://psnprofiles.com/jehurey

post proof you have it :kaz:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I actually do.

Seems like the engine doesn't lend itself well into VR. 

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Let's wait for the games first

RE Village

Gran Turismo 7

TWD Saints and Sinners 2

Moss 2

The Light Brigade

SW Galaxy's Edge

This thing has only been out for a few months and I already have a decent backlog. Fuck the haters. VR gaming :juggle: 

• aitch 1

they all look kinda cool except the mini golf :kaz:   

lol so many sad ppl ITT denying the future. volvo made it very clear that VR is the big next thing, and it already is. gaben :bow:

51 minutes ago, kaz said:

they all look kinda cool except the mini golf :kaz:  

lol so many sad ppl ITT denying the future. volvo made it very clear that VR is the big next thing, and it already is. gaben :bow:

Walkabout Minigolf has overwhelming positive reviews on steam. It really is a phenomenal game. 

18 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Imagine spending 1200 dollars to hype WalkAround Mini Golf 😆 VR is DEAD get over it LOL

PSVR2 was supposed to usher in a new era of high quality AAA VR Games.... and all they've got is a mediocre as fuck Horizon climbing game..... and a bunch of Quest/PC VR hand-me-downs :rofl: 

Feels like Sony's already forgotten about it :hest: 

Edited by Remij
9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I almost bought a PSVR2. I think the tech is impressive but the launch lineup was completely forgettable and there isn't much that interesting on the horizon.

Do you have any other VR set, or would that have been your first?