Good news for MS: EU approves Activision acquisition

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Good news for MS: EU approves Activision acquisition

LOL the EU's deal requires conditions. Microsoft has to offer all their games on all competing cloud services. Knowing Microsoft, we know that there's a catch to their promise, and its probably that the cloud services have to use Azure and pay Microsoft.

But none of this impresses the CMA. The stock price hasn't moved on this news.

The deal is still dead. There's a reason the stocks haven't moved on this news :hest:

All three regulatory bodies have to approve the deal. MS only got EU and CMA is still doubling down on blocking the deal even after EU's decision.

FwLbTcJWIAIDq4S.png.99a3e28b12a19980f0d75261b2e0ee05.png

Nothing has really changed at all as far as the deal goes. MS still has to appeal to the CMA and based on the CMA's response today, they aren't budging at all...

Edited by FIREPOWER
17 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

CMA doubled down; they aren’t changing their position unless an external entity says to. 

Not even an external entity can make them do that. They are completely independent.

The appeal will go to the CAT, and the CAT will send it back to the CMA. If MS can prove that CMA didn't do their due diligence in coming up with their decision then CMA will get to make the ruling again. All roads lead back to the CMA and that's why getting the CMA to overturn their own ruling is an almost impossible task.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Cows about to come in and not double or triple down, but quadruple down. The meltdowns incoming in this thread compare nothing to the tears when the deal goes through, like I predicted all along. 

:hest: Like you predicted Redfall would score an 8/10 or like you predicted CMA would pass the deal?

You are like 0-5 on predictions. In fact, if I was a betting man I'd double my bet now on the deal not going through based on your new shitty prediction. You are the Reverse Nostradamus lol.

Just now, Substatic said:

CMA is the only hold out and they gave the most bullshit low IQ false reasoning.

FTC is also blocking the deal. 

Only thing is that FTC have to prove their case in a court where MS' money and influence in Washington carries weight while with the FTC there is no court to appeal to. This retarded idea that CMA are the only holdouts is false considering the FTC is currently suing to block the deal right now.

16 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Only thing is that FTC have to prove their case in a court where MS' money and influence in Washington carries weight while with the FTC there is no court to appeal to. This retarded idea that CMA are the only holdouts is false considering the FTC is currently suing to block the deal right now.

Bobby "Gangsta" Kottick is right here,

Foolish, flawed, and unreal. From the Top G himself.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

The deal is still dead. There's a reason the stocks haven't moved on this news :hest:

All three regulatory bodies have to approve the deal. MS only got EU and CMA is still doubling down on blocking the deal even after EU's decision.

FwLbTcJWIAIDq4S.png.99a3e28b12a19980f0d75261b2e0ee05.png

Nothing has really changed at all as far as the deal goes. MS still has to appeal to the CMA and based on the CMA's response today, they aren't budging at all...

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Not even an external entity can make them do that. They are completely independent.

The appeal will go to the CAT, and the CAT will send it back to the CMA. If MS can prove that CMA didn't do their due diligence in coming up with their decision then CMA will get to make the ruling again. All roads lead back to the CMA and that's why getting the CMA to overturn their own ruling is an almost impossible task.

42 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:hest: Like you predicted Redfall would score an 8/10 or like you predicted CMA would pass the deal?

You are like 0-5 on predictions. In fact, if I was a betting man I'd double my bet now on the deal not going through based on your new shitty prediction. You are the Reverse Nostradamus lol.

40 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Holy fuck a first page meltdown:hest: you can tell he’s sweating it :tom:

9 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Holy fuck a first page meltdown:hest: you can tell he’s sweating it :tom:

:kaz: You wish, the deal is still dead and you're still a fucking clown.

Acting like you didn't just come back from a 3 week cuck hiatus after being consistently wrong on all your predictions :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
55 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Bobby "Gangsta" Kottick is right here,

Foolish, flawed, and unreal. From the Top G himself.

:kaz: What else is the asshole going to say? The CMA is blocking his golden parachute.

He stands to make over $100+ million if the deal is approved.

Like I've said from the start, this deal lives or dies by the CMA and today's EU ruling doesn't change anything overall.

You didn't disprove anything I said earlier. So far the CMA and FTC are still blocking the deal.

Edited by FIREPOWER

The EC went as far as to say that, if Microsoft did make the likes of Call of Duty exclusive to Xbox, Sony would still be able to go toe to toe with it. "Even if Microsoft did decide to withdraw Activision's games from the PlayStation, this would not significantly harm competition in the consoles market," the EC said.

:will:

• Haha 1