Your opinions on these Switch games for those who played them?

I think I nailed down what I want to play on Switch the most. 

Fire Emblem Engage
Metroid Prime Remaster
Ultimate Smash Bros Ultimate
Advance Wars 1-2 Re-boot
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Super Mario 3D Collection

And keep in mind I might play them on a Switch Lite, so if the handheld mode performance are absolute ass I'd love to know. 

I already played Smash Bros quite a bit. Don't really need impressions and it was fine that one time I played it in handheld mode. 

Edited by Ramza
7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I think I nailed down what I want to play on Switch the most. 

Fire Emblem Engage
Metroid Prime Remaster
Ultimate Smash Bros Ultimate
Advance Wars 1-2 Re-boot
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Super Mario 3D Collection

And keep in mind I might play them on a Switch Lite, so if the handheld mode performance are absolute ass I'd love to know. 

Xenoblade 2 is best played docked. 

No Metroid Dread? 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Xenoblade 2 is best played docked. 

No Metroid Dread? 

I already have Metroid Dread. 😛 Found it on sale 50% off at Walmart, I jumped on it immediately. 

How bad is Xeno 2 in handheld?

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I already have Metroid Dread. 😛 Found it on sale 50% off at Walmart, I jumped on it immediately. 

How bad is Xeno 2 in handheld?

I played it solely docked. 

HH mode for that game.. It's bad, they went all out in docked mode and had to scale it down in HH mode.  This game launched a few months after the system came out when they were figuring out how to balance the two modes. 

Frame rate is fine but the res drops waaaay too low in portable mode of Xenoblade 2

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I played it solely docked. 

HH mode for that game.. It's bad, they went all out in docked mode and had to scale it down in HH mode.  This game launched a few months after the system came out when they were figuring out how to balance the two modes. 

Frame rate is fine but the res drops waaaay too low in portable mode of Xenoblade 2

Aw shit. I won't play it on Switch Lite then.

(I have Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition by the way, always wanted to play it ever since the Wii but I never did)

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Loved 3 houses.

No love for Engage? 

Edited by Ramza

Also, any Kirby fans here. There are two 2D Kirby games on Switch. Star Allies and Return to Dreamland. I was wondering which one is considered the best. I think they're both Wii ports? 

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Also, any Kirby fans here. There are two 2D Kirby games on Switch. Star Allies and Return to Dreamland. I was wondering which one is considered the best. I think they're both Wii ports? 

There are 3 of them. 

I only played the brand new one... Kirby Forgotten land. 

This was the first 3D Kirby game. 

The game was stellar... Like most Kirby games starts off easy then ramps up. 

The post game content was basically star road from Super Mario world but for Kirby.... With much harder bosses and stages than the main game.... 

Highly recommend it. 

I believed @-GD-X loved this game too

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Both pale in comparison to Kirby and the Forgotten Land. It’s one of the most innovative Kirby games in the franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Also 3D all-Stars is great but unless you’ve never played those 3 games, it’s not worth it. Mario 3D world and Bowser’s Fury is better. 

I've played and finished 3D World on WiiU. Didn't really check into the new content added but I doubt it would be enough for me to go back to it. 

I played all games in the 3D All Stars collection. I need that game. Been itching for some Mario 64 as of late and having Mario Galaxy on a handheld is very appealing to me. 

As for Kirby, I know Forgotten Land is great and land but I was looking for a 2D platformer on Switch. I also played NSMBU and DK Tropical Freeze extensively on WiiU. 

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I've played and finished 3D World on WiiU. Didn't really check into the new content added but I doubt it would be enough for me to go back to it. 

I played all games in the 3D All Stars collection. I need that game. Been itching for some Mario 64 as of late and having Mario Galaxy on a handheld is very appealing to me. 

As for Kirby, I know Forgotten Land is great and land but I was looking for a 2D platformer on Switch. I also played NSMBU and DK Tropical Freeze extensively on WiiU. 

3D world comes with Bowsers fury.  Brand new 3D Mario game... Open consistent world... Its on the short side but worth it if you can find it for cheap. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

3D world comes with Bowsers fury.  Brand new 3D Mario game... Open consistent world... Its on the short side but worth it if you can find it for cheap. 

It's a separate game? 

16 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's a separate game? 

Yes, it Is bundled together with 3D world but It's a separate game. 

Unfortunately you can't purchase one without the other. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:|

I just want to fuck around with a few Switch games for a while at the cheapest price of entry possible.

Knowing myself, I'll play about 8 Nintendo games top and never touch it again. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Get Cuphead on physical. Also, be sure to get The Great Ace Attorney. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Get Cuphead on physical. Also, be sure to get The Great Ace Attorney. 

You mean for collecting? Yeah, good picks.

I'm gonna get Capcom Fighting Collection most likely, for some reason it's expensive on the internet but considerably cheaper at retail and my local Gamestop had plenty of copies. 

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Aw shit. I won't play it on Switch Lite then.

(I have Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition by the way, always wanted to play it ever since the Wii but I never did)

No love for Engage? 

Haven’t played it yet.