Tears of the Kingdom has sold 10 million copies in 3 days

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Gamepass :mj:

This proves people will still buy games if it’s great.

If Nintendo had a gamepass like service it wouldn’t have sold even half. That is the whole point of gamepass…

regardless, why are we talking about gamepass in a ZELDA thread? Chill on the obsession, Jesus :hest:

So glad I'm buying all those games for Switch (20+ collection), a whole generation is growing up playing Nintendo. I wish I would have woken up sooner to the fact.

Sometimes I have a pessimistic vision of the gaming landscape in the future where I imagine the brands I grew up with would faze out in favor of new IPs but Nintendo is basically at peak popularity right now. Which blows my mind as someone who has been gaming for more than 30 years.  

I mean, I bought a WiiU in 2014 and I could not comprehend why it was flopping so hard with solid games like Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, DK Tropical Freeze and Mario 3D World. Not bad at all for a console that flopped at retail with like 10m units sold.

Turns out they just needed a more marketable platform, those games appeal were never the issue. 

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

So glad I'm buying all those games for Switch (20+ collection), a whole generation is growing up playing Nintendo. I wish I would have woken up sooner to the fact.

Sometimes I have a pessimistic vision of the gaming landscape in the future where I imagine the brands I grew up with would faze out in favor of new IPs but Nintendo is basically at peak popularity right now. Which blows my mind as someone who has been gaming for more than 30 years.  

I mean, I bought a WiiU in 2014 and I could not comprehend why it was flopping so hard with solid games like Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, DK Tropical Freeze and Mario 3D World. Not bad at all for a console that flopped at retail with like 10m units sold.

Turns out they just needed a more marketable platform, those games appeal were never the issue. 

You hit the nail on the head.  The platform itself was the flop.  Not the games. 

Nintendo had the reverse issue that Microsoft has.... Microsoft has the platform.. But don't have the killer games.

What makes it worse for Microsoft is that they believe that killer games won't be enough to save the platform... They view the Series X platform as a failure when it's actually a games issue.. 

Basically MS has misread what thier root issues are. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You hit the nail on the head.  The platform itself was the flop.  Not the games. 

Nintendo had the reverse issue that Microsoft has.... Microsoft has the platform.. But don't have the killer games.

What makes it worse for Microsoft is that they believe that killed games won't be enough to save the platform... They view the Series X platform as a failure when it's actually a games issue.. 

Basically MS has misread what thier root issues are. 

yeah, the series x is actually an extraordinary piece of hardware. in person, it's actually not a bad looking system. it's also super quiet. a $499 12tf system in 2020 (even today) was incredible value. but the games....meh.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

no one cared that it was emulated on PC :denzel3:

Just you and the usual suspects here.. who spent all weekend crying out it on this forum :lawl: 

Jeherpes hasn't even played it yet :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Just you and the usual suspects here.. who spent all weekend crying out it on this forum :lawl: 

Jeherpes hasn't even played it yet :rofl: 

He needs to find a game he lost to be able to afford it… literally  :mroff: 

On 2023-05-11 at 4:11 PM, jehurey said:

Gonna take advantage of the Gamestop trade-in deal

I bought a double-pack of Pokemon Sun & Moon for the 3DS way back when it came out. And there's no reason for me to have a copy of Pokemon Moon.

And I thought I had a physical copy of TLOU Remastered PS4 somewhere, I need to go and dig it out.

he’s busy playing game pass games… on his phone with a clip on stand to a Xbox controller. :deadest:

1 minute ago, Tears of the Cows said:

He needs to find a game he lost to be able to afford it… literally  :mroff: 

he’s busy playing game pass games… on his phone with a clip on stand to a Xbox controller. :deadest:

:mj: 

Why stop there?  Just trade in all the games he's got which he hasn't and wont ever play.... he should be able to extend his nephews GamePass subscription for years to come! :lawl: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

:mj: 

Why stop there?  Just trade in all the games he's got which he hasn't and wont ever play.... he should be able to extend his nephews GamePass subscription for years to come! :lawl: 

:mroff:

literally tho, this is what he said in an attempt to own Jon. :deadest:

tU1b5RU.jpg

“BU BU ITZ NAWT 3RD PARTIE SO UR OWNED JONZ!!!!1 :lemming: “

Edited by Tears of the Cows
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

:mroff:

literally tho, this is what he said in an attempt to own Jon. :deadest:

tU1b5RU.jpg

"Probably has a used 3rd party controller connected to his phone" - Jonb

"nO! I hAvE aN XbOX EliTe CoNtrOLLeR WiTh a liCenSEd cLiP-oN tHing MeaNT fOr iT!!  SwINg and mISS!!@" - Jederpy

:lawl: :ovolol: 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
12 minutes ago, Remij said:

"Probably has a used 3rd party controller connected to his phone" - Jonb

"nO! I hAvE aN XbOX EliTe CoNtrOLLeR WiTh a liCenSEd cLiP-oN tHing MeaNT fOr iT!!  SwINg and mISS!!@" - Jederpy

:lawl: :ovolol: 

Literally his only method of gaming :drake:

Edited by Tears of the Cows
  • Geese 1