2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Art style is so off putting to me. The main character also sucks ass. :scust2:

Thw art style is similar to part 4.

The main character is still RYU. They're just hyping luke. 

But it's the fighting mechanics that are Stella compared to V. 

Not sure why you people are crying about DLC and Mortal Kombat. MK games are easily the most fleshed out at launch of any other fighting games series. The content you get day one is staggering in comparison. Rotating online towers, special time events and rewards that updates everyday, tons of unlockables in the krypt, a fully fleshed out story mode with a cinematic presentation... 

Moronic Japanese devs stuck in 1998 mindset could learn a thing or two from MK about how you make a complete fighting game with interesting content. Capcom is trying with SFVI world tour but it's really gimmicky and dumb looking. 

29 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Not sure why you people are crying about DLC and Mortal Kombat. MK games are easily the most fleshed out at launch of any other fighting games series. The content you get day one is staggering in comparison. Rotating online towers, special time events and rewards that updates everyday, tons of unlockables in the krypt, a fully fleshed out story mode with a cinematic presentation... 

Moronic Japanese devs stuck in 1998 mindset could learn a thing or two from MK about how you make a complete fighting game with interesting content. Capcom is trying with SFVI world tour but it's really gimmicky and dumb looking. 

Not gonna lie, you are right about MK games coming with a ton of content. Out of all the fighting games out there, MK has the best story mode and the most fleshed out content.

I'm not even an MK guy because I find the gameplay too stiff for my liking but I enjoy the campaigns and the single player content a lot.

My only issue is DLC characters but I solve that by waiting for the Ultimate edition of the game to release with all the characters included so I don't have to buy them separately. I really enjoyed MK11 and I'm sure MK1 will be a total blast :aitch:

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Not gonna lie, you are right about MK games coming with a ton of content. Out of all the fighting games out there, MK has the best story mode and the most fleshed out content.

I'm not even an MK guy because I find the gameplay too stiff for my liking but I enjoy the campaigns and the single player content a lot.

My only issue is DLC characters but I solve that by waiting for the Ultimate edition of the game to release with all the characters included so I don't have to buy them separately. I really enjoyed MK11 and I'm sure MK1 will be a total blast :aitch:

I got MK11 Ultimate for 12$. Pretty hard to beat that value. 

• aitch 1

No strong feelings one way or the other.  Kinda interesting in knowing who are all the Main/Kameo fighters.. and one thing I will give NetherRealm credit for is their story modes are pretty high quality for fighting games.

MK is awesome. Only fighting game where it has a proper SP/Story mode and a shit tonne of collectibles and things to unlock with the Crypt. Would honestly have them at the top of the pile in terms of fighting games with content, which is usually what I'd like in this genre cause I never get into them enough to truly flesh out the complex gameplay of other fighters.

• Upvote 1
On 5/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, lostfool said:

This is going to be the second $70 game on the switch 😐

For like 2 or 3 months. Only first party games hold their value