Famitsu interview: Jim Ryan kills the idea of PS5 releases day and date on PC, says PC ports 2 to 3 years later is the way to go

59 minutes ago, Ike said:

It’s coming with the Bloodborne PC port. :omglol:

PS5 is currently having its best months ever for a PS console but yeah, they’ll be putting them on PC. Your logic is just port begging again. :kaz: 

*Chrip chirp*

I'm going to have the last laugh on that.. and you know it :hest:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim Ryan: Our games wont launch day & date on PC   Lemij: So let me tell you why these games will be launching day & date on PC  

Of course Sony would never do day 1 releases on PC. I have no clue why someone would think otherwise. 

He's, straight-up, trying to delude himself, at this point.   No there isn't.   Maybe for like a Sony small indie game or live service game that was part of the Bungie deal.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yep, the only games they'll be releasing day and date will be their live service games, the SP AAA games will stay exclusive to consoles for years.

Yea, same way we got back to your retarded ass when you were claiming at the beginning of the gen that ShitBox would make a comeback and that Halo Infinite was going to be a major success :hest:

mma-corner-conor-mcgregor.gif

What is the argument from Cows against PC ports? Is the point to release bad ports? Of course not. Sony first party teams are going to have to prioritize PC ports internally, even if the plan is to delay them. If Sony is going to get to quality, then PC and console versions will be developed simultaneously. There's no other choice.

Sony delays PC releases because theyre scared it'll hurt Playstation sales, but it's not true. Delays just blunt the sales potential of the PC port. For example I want to buy Returnal on PC, but I haven't because I'm not paying $60 for a 3 year old game.

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

*Chrip chirp*

I'm going to have the last laugh on that.. and you know it :hest:

Wow you’ll get to play a port 10 years later. Such ownage. PC numbah one. :mroff:

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Remij said:

There's a lot of chirping in this thread... :hest:

Get back to me when it's the end of this gen.... like I said it would be. :romantears:

LOL this dumbass is actually trying to say "JUS'WAIT!"................after its already been three years of him being wrong.

:kaz:he keeps pushing back the start ate of his guaranteed ownage.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL this dumbass is actually trying to say "JUS'WAIT!"................after its already been three years of him being wrong.

:kaz:he keeps pushing back the start ate of his guaranteed ownage.

No stupid... it's simply about being accurate to what I said.

LOL he thinks just doing the same thing I'm accusing them again of is going to work.  Well, at least you tried....which is more than can be said about you playing PS5 games :omglol: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

No stupid... it's simply about being accurate to what I said.

you being wrong repeatedly, and nothing you claim to say ever happens............means that you are not accurate

unless you are trying to say that in the far flung future...........you'll be able to buy a PC so powerful it'll just emulate PS5 games, and you think that eventually makes you right............at which point, you're just pathetic.

Please let me know now in the year 2023 if that's what you mean so that I can begin laughing at you now.:hest:

LOL dumbass.............what's the status of the GeForce Now predictions:lawl:

Edited by jehurey
6 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Jim Ryan: Our games wont launch day & date on PC

Lemij: So let me tell you why these games will be launching day & date on PC

:tom:

Some of their games are already confirmed to be coming day and date, and Herman Hulst also said they're looking around a year or so in a previous interview..  :romantears:

Returnal = less than 2 years

TLOU P1 = less than 1 year

The statement he was responding to was "I appreciate more options, but I'd also like to see more PS5 exclusives for PS fans"... and he said "oh yea, we understand the importance and will stagger releases.. We ask our fans and 2-3 years seems accepted favorably"....

In other words.. he's responding to a fanboy and he knows it... so he told him what he wanted to hear... despite us already knowing otherwise.  They'll wear down eventually and will have SP games which release day and date :shrug: 

Edited by Remij
On 2023-05-19 at 11:12 AM, sugarhigh said:

Sony delays PC releases because theyre scared it'll hurt Playstation sales, but it's not true.

I mean I think Xbox is a pretty good indication sales would definitely be hurt, but it's not just about console sales. Sony gets 100% of every dollar spent on every PS5 game they put out and 100% of every dollar spent on microtransactions in those games. They don't have that benefit on PC, at least currently. Sony also gets a cut of every third party game sold on PS5 and a cut of every microtransaction sold for those games so it's in their interest to push people towards that ecosystem. Get people to regularly interact with their PS5 to build that habit, get people to buy PS Plus for Sony games so that barrier doesn't exist for a third-party multiplayer game somebody is on the fence about, etc.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I mean I think Xbox is a pretty good indication sales would definitely be hurt, but it's not just about console sales. Sony gets 100% of every dollar spent on every PS5 game they put out and 100% of every dollar spent on microtransactions in those games. They don't have that benefit on PC, at least currently. Sony also gets a cut of every third party game sold on PS5 and a cut of every microtransaction sold for those games so it's in their interest to push people towards that ecosystem. Get people to regularly interact with their PS5 to build that habit, get people to buy PS Plus for Sony games so that barrier doesn't exist for a third-party multiplayer game somebody is on the fence about, etc.

Xbox is dying because they've done a terrible job with the platform, not because you can buy Gears 5 on Steam.

I don't think PC is any threat to PlayStation.

45 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Xbox is dying because they've done a terrible job with the platform, not because you can buy Gears 5 on Steam.

Exactly.

If Sony is actually successful with their live service games on PC.. their perception of the platform will change significantly..  They'll be developing all these single player games either with PC versions either in mind, or actually alongside them.  They'll eventually figure out that it's better to utilize the marketing hype from the console version and just release the PC version alongside it.  They're not going to lose any meaningful amount of console sales from doing so.

And if any cow or sheep retards on this site think so, then they're just admitting that PC is a better place to place their games :geese: 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

MS is only putting Gears on Steam because the population on ShitBox isn’t enough to support the game, Sony doesn’t have that problem.

The situation is more complex than you’re making it. It’s not about losing Playstation sales to PC only players, no it’s also about making money. They don’t make nearly as much money from porting their games to PC as they do when the games are on their ecosystem and every dollar spent on microtransactions and sales is going straight to their wallet. With Steam they have to share that money with Valve, on their store they don’t.

Xbox is suffering for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with Gears being on PC day and date but I’m sure if their platform was as healthy as PlayStation is they wouldn’t follow this day and date formula because it just doesn’t generate as much money as Sony’s staggered release formula does. 

I remember just before MS started putting their games on PC and lemshits were saying that the increased revenues would catapult MS to the top, it never did. Gears 5 still flopped and so did Halo Infinite. Sony’s current approach is better, they maximize sales of their consoles and console software sales and after those are worn out they get increased even eye from double dippers on PC. No need to sabotage console software and hardware sales which are directly tied their overall ecosystem revenue to appease PC players that will still end up double dipping at a later price at close to full price for games.

What Sony needs to do, and what I've said they are doing... is building up enough of a library of games on PC to the point where then can release their own launcher, and get people to subscribe to PS+.  They can incentivize people to buy games on their store instead of Steam with discounts and other perks.

Basically, they've just got to find a way to get PC gamers subscribing to something.  Even if it's only 5-10M people or so... that's a ton of money each month.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

MS is only putting Gears on Steam because the population on ShitBox isn’t enough to support the game, Sony doesn’t have that problem.

The situation is more complex than you’re making it. It’s not about losing Playstation sales to PC only players, no it’s also about making money. They don’t make nearly as much money from porting their games to PC as they do when the games are on their ecosystem and every dollar spent on microtransactions and sales is going straight to their wallet. With Steam they have to share that money with Valve, on their store they don’t.

Xbox is suffering for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with Gears being on PC day and date but I’m sure if their platform was as healthy as PlayStation is they wouldn’t follow this day and date formula because it just doesn’t generate as much money as Sony’s staggered release formula does. 

I remember just before MS started putting their games on PC and lemshits were saying that the increased revenues would catapult MS to the top, it never did. Gears 5 still flopped and so did Halo Infinite. Sony’s current approach is better, they maximize sales of their consoles and console software sales and after those are worn out they get increased even eye from double dippers on PC. No need to sabotage console software and hardware sales which are directly tied their overall ecosystem revenue to appease PC players that will still end up double dipping at a later price at close to full price for games.

PS absolutely makes more money selling their games on steam losing 30% than they do selling their own first party games at best buy.

26 minutes ago, Remij said:

What Sony needs to do, and what I've said they are doing... is building up enough of a library of games on PC to the point where then can release their own launcher, and get people to subscribe to PS+.  They can incentivize people to buy games on their store instead of Steam with discounts and other perks.

Basically, they've just got to find a way to get PC gamers subscribing to something.  Even if it's only 5-10M people or so... that's a ton of money each month.

If the end goal is PS building their own launcher they can get fucked. No more launchers.