Famitsu interview: Jim Ryan kills the idea of PS5 releases day and date on PC, says PC ports 2 to 3 years later is the way to go

27 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

If the end goal is PS building their own launcher they can get fucked. No more launchers.

Not the end goal.. just a goal.  Sony will always release their PC ports on Steam, just like MS.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim Ryan: Our games wont launch day & date on PC   Lemij: So let me tell you why these games will be launching day & date on PC  

Of course Sony would never do day 1 releases on PC. I have no clue why someone would think otherwise. 

He's, straight-up, trying to delude himself, at this point.   No there isn't.   Maybe for like a Sony small indie game or live service game that was part of the Bungie deal.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

PS absolutely makes more money selling their games on steam losing 30% than they do selling their own first party games at best buy.

They make more money but nowhere near what they make from selling full priced games on their own store day one and also selling consoles.

They make money later on Steam but that money is a bonus in addition to the mountains of cash they already make from their own ecosystem. They won’t sacrifice potential double dip sales and revenue from selling their consoles, PS Plus and $70 dollar games on their store for the relatively small sales they would get from Steam.

It’s all about maximizing their ecosystem revenue and Steam isn’t part of their ecosystem. No way they’ll ever prioritize day one releases on a platform or ecosystem that isn’t theirs. It’s just common sense and cold hard business.

15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

They make more money but nowhere near what they make from selling full priced games on their own store day one and also selling consoles.

They make money later on Steam but that money is a bonus in addition to the mountains of cash they already make from their own ecosystem. They won’t sacrifice potential double dip sales and revenue from selling their consoles, PS Plus and $70 dollar games on their store for the relatively small sales they would get from Steam.

It’s all about maximizing their ecosystem revenue and Steam isn’t part of their ecosystem. No way they’ll ever prioritize day one releases on a platform or ecosystem that isn’t theirs. It’s just common sense and cold hard business.

Except they are going to do just that with their live service games... though whether these games are free to play or not remains to be seen.  Some will likely be F2P, but others will be full priced or close to it.

Not only that but you admit Steam sales are "relatively small"...  which means there's relatively small amounts of harm that would come from it.

Do people really think that out of the 10/20M sales Sony first party games are generating on consoles... that 5M+ of those people are going to completely drop Playstation consoles and buy these games on PC?

Because if that is the case... than consoles aren't as good as you say they are and you're admitting that people would rather play games on PC. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij
16 minutes ago, Remij said:

Except they are going to do just that with their live service games... though whether these games are free to play or not remains to be seen.  Some will likely be F2P, but others will be full priced or close to it.

Not only that but you admit Steam sales are "relatively small"...  which means there's relatively small amounts of harm that would come from it.

Do people really think that out of the 10/20M sales Sony first party games are generating on consoles... that 5M+ of those people are going to completely drop Playstation consoles and buy these games on PC?

Because if that is the case... than consoles aren't as good as you say they are and you're admitting that people would rather play games on PC. :shrug: 

:cruise:Your opinion is worthless. You’re the same retard that was claiming they would be doing day and date PC releases by now and instead they are instead doing the opposite. 

I don’t give a shit about the consoles. I own a 4090 and ideally I’d wanna play every game on my PC and not have to bother with consoles but it doesn’t make financial sense for Sony so they aren’t doing it. You don’t even own a PS5 and you claimed you don’t mind waiting for their games so why is your retarded ass so salty about this news :jordan3:?

If it made sense for Sony to do day and date releases on PC I’m sure they’d be doing it immediately. They have all the data and analytics to know and people making 7 figure salaries that are paid to know the optimal way to maximize profits. I don’t think a $100 billion business that has been in gaming for 29 years and is leading the market needs your retarded ass telling them how to make money :drake:

33 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:cruise:Your opinion is worthless. You’re the same retard that was claiming they would be doing day and date PC releases by now and instead they are instead doing the opposite. 

I don’t give a shit about the consoles. I own a 4090 and ideally I’d wanna play every game on my PC and not have to bother with consoles but it doesn’t make financial sense for Sony so they aren’t doing it. You don’t even own a PS5 and you claimed you don’t mind waiting for their games so why is your retarded ass so salty about this news :jordan3:?

If it made sense for Sony to do day and date releases on PC I’m sure they’d be doing it immediately. They have all the data and analytics to know and people making 7 figure salaries that are paid to know the optimal way to maximize profits. I don’t think a $100 billion business that has been in gaming for 29 years and is leading the market needs your retarded ass telling them how to make money :drake:

Complete bullshit.  I never said they'd be doing day and date by now.. I said by the end of the gen there will have been at least one day and date game.  You fucks seriously can't have an honest argument with me... and that's how I know I have you really butthurt.

And what makes you think I'm salty?  I'm simply pointing out that Herman Hulst has stated differently... and sticking to what I said before about them eventually going day and date.

They can't just "do it immediately".... because games take time to develop... and even then I would never expect it immediately because they have to massage the assholes of their fanbase (like you) before they ease the shaft in.

And yea, we know you'd rather play games on your 4090 and ideally not have to own the console. 😉 

(so why you getting so fucking tissy over me actually ACTUALLY doing that? LOL  Think about it... you're mad at me and screaming that I'm fucking stupid... simply because I can wait for those games to hit PC... LOLOL) 

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

I said by the end of the gen there will have been at least one day and date game.

:lawl::lawl::lawl:he's a complete liar. firepower is right........he has no credibility at this point

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Remij said:

Complete bullshit.  I never said they'd be doing day and date by now.. I said by the end of the gen there will have been at least one day and date game.  You fucks seriously can't have an honest argument with me... and that's how I know I have you really butthurt.

And what makes you think I'm salty?  I'm simply pointing out that Herman Hulst has stated differently... and sticking to what I said before about them eventually going day and date.

They can't just "do it immediately".... because games take time to develop... and even then I would never expect it immediately because they have to massage the assholes of their fanbase (like you) before they ease the shaft in.

And yea, we know you'd rather play games on your 4090 and ideally not have to own the console. 😉 

(so why you getting so fucking tissy over me actually ACTUALLY doing that? LOL  Think about it... you're mad at me and screaming that I'm fucking stupid... simply because I can wait for those games to hit PC... LOLOL) 

STFU you clown, you’re a liar and a retard. You said they’d be doing day and date releases for all their games by the time they were ready to go into full PS5 exclusives which is what they are doing right now. You never said anything about “at least one game”

:drake: Who are you to tell Sony how to make money when even Shawn Layden, the former head of Sony Entertainment agrees that the math behind their strategy checks out?  

I’d rather play their games on PC but they aren’t doing it and unlike your retarded ass that’s waiting and crying about it, I’d just rather pay the $400-500 for a PS5 and play the games day one. While your bitch ass is lamenting why Sony isn’t following the losing strategy that MS is following I’m busy playing and completing games because that’s what a person who isn’t a complaining bitch does :drake:

You claim you don’t mind waiting yet you are having meltdowns that Sony isn’t prioritizing a market that isn’t their ecosystem :hest:

If you really don’t mind waiting this news shouldn’t bother you the way it’s doing right now :sabu:

Edited by FIREPOWER

that's the thing................Beggij isn't "waiting"

The dude absolutely owns a PS5, he's just hiding it.

Just like the fact that he conveniently hid from us the fact that he had cancelled GamePass well over a year ago before he slipped and revealed it. And even though he kept on trying to fanboy for the concept.

He's a fakeboy..............he has a proven track record for being a fakeboy on this very forum.

He never stopped.

• dead 1
4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

I’d rather play their games on PC

:tom: 

So he admits I'm right.  And where am I lamenting about Sony not following MS day 1??  I said they'd do it by the end of the gen... 

LOL these fucking idiots are tripping over themselves trying to make up stories trying to get some win against me...  It's the most pathetic shit ever.  I'm fine with waiting fuckhead... YOU are the idiots that seem to think I require these games day 1 :drake: 

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

:tom: 

So he admits I'm right.  And where am I lamenting about Sony not following MS day 1??  I said they'd do it by the end of the gen... 

LOL these fucking idiots are tripping over themselves trying to make up stories trying to get some win against me...  It's the most pathetic shit ever.  I'm fine with waiting fuckhead... YOU are the idiots that seem to think I require these games day 1 :drake: 

:kaz: You are an absolute retard.

How is that admitting you are right?

:tocry: Sony isn't doing day and date and bitching about it like a 12 year old girl isn't gonna do shit you fucking imbecile.

The right thing to do is accept the reality that Sony are doing what they feel is right for their business and either wait for the games to come 2 to 3 years later or buy a PS5.

Complaining like a little bitch on the forum like you are doing and sipping Copium isn't going to make the games come to PC any quicker.

MS gave up selling consoles and games to you retarded lemshits and that's why they have to recoup their losses on PC but Sony still sells a shit ton of consoles and games, and the PS5 is selling faster than any PlayStation before it so they have zero reasons to copy Microsoft's loser model. Crying about it like a fucking cuck isn't gonna make them change their minds.

Accept reality and move on you fucking retard :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER
10 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Xbox is dying because they've done a terrible job with the platform, not because you can buy Gears 5 on Steam.

I don't think PC is any threat to PlayStation.

I never blamed Xbox dying on PC sales. Most consoles are being sold to people who don't own a PC, so the state of the PC market is not their biggest issue. Xbox is dying because they can't convince PS5 owners or people without a next gen console to buy an Xbox.

What I said was that the Xbox is a clear example of sales being hurt and you don't even need to look past this forum for that evidence. We've been laughing at that console for two generations because it doesn't have any exclusives. Ask anybody on this forum with a decent PC about why they don't own an Xbox and you'll get the same response: "There's no need to. I own a decent PC." The Series S/X is going to be the first major console since the Saturn that I never own and I would've bought a Saturn if I wasn't a kid with no job.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

I never blamed Xbox dying on PC sales. Most consoles are being sold to people who don't own a PC, so the state of the PC market is not their biggest issue. Xbox is dying because they can't convince PS5 owners or people without a next gen console to buy an Xbox.

What I said was that the Xbox is a clear example of sales being hurt and you don't even need to look past this forum for that evidence. We've been laughing at that console for two generations because it doesn't have any exclusives. Ask anybody on this forum with a decent PC about why they don't own an Xbox and you'll get the same response: "There's no need to. I own a decent PC." The Series S/X is going to be the first major console since the Saturn that I never own and I would've bought a Saturn if I wasn't a kid with no job.

Its sorta like a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" type of situation.

Exclusives CHANGE THE WAY development designs a game.

If the guys who run the company tell you at the developer's studio "this game is going to be JUST FOR THIS HARDWARE, and you have to 100% design it around the hardware" its going to change how to make the game.

Look at this, for fuck's sake:

And ask yourself: do you honestly think this would have been accomplished under MULTIPLATFORM development?

Have you seen any Xbox studios do shit like that?

The answer is no.

Do you know WHY PC gamers flocked to that $40 port of Spider-man like a bunch of starving Haitian refugees  when it came out?

Because they don't get games like that. They don't get games with such amazing motion capture, production values, facial animation, and shit like that.

If you make Sony studios turn into multiplatform developers............you will lose that. I guarantee it.

This is why exclusives matter.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

that's the thing................Beggij isn't "waiting"

The dude absolutely owns a PS5, he's just hiding it.

Just like the fact that he conveniently hid from us the fact that he had cancelled GamePass well over a year ago before he slipped and revealed it. And even though he kept on trying to fanboy for the concept.

He's a fakeboy..............he has a proven track record for being a fakeboy on this very forum.

He never stopped.

You're the biggest fucking clown period.  You just say the opposite of whatever I say so you can jerry-go-round every thread about the same shit... just like you're doing with Ghostz and "his nephew's PS5, Xbox Series X, PSVR2, and accounts" :drake: :drake: :drake:  

He could prove in every reasonable way that all of those are his... and yet your retarded bitch ass would never accept it... and the other moron on this site Firepower follows you regurgitating the same shit and you morons flood every thread with it.

It's all you idiots do.  Make up bullshit and jerry-go-round it to death.  We can literally see the exact same path that happened to me happening to Ghostz right now because he defended Xbox on this forum. You attempt to discredit him, claim he's a liar and then flood every thread with the same bullshit:lawl:

I wonder if the couple decent posters left here really truly understand why people have stopped posting here regularly?  It's the same shit EVERY time :tom: 

32 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Accept reality and move on you fucking retard :mj:

I have moved on from owning Playstation hardware... and it's YOU who can't seem to accept that reality :drake: 

Just now, Remij said:

You're the biggest fucking clown period.  You just say the opposite of whatever I say so you can jerry-go-round every thread about the same shit... just like you're doing with Ghostz and "his nephew's PS5, Xbox Series X, PSVR2, and accounts" :drake: :drake: :drake:  

He could prove in every reasonable way that all of those are his... and yet your retarded bitch ass would never accept it... and the other moron on this site Firepower follows you regurgitating the same shit and you morons flood every thread with it.

It's all you idiots do.  Make up bullshit and jerry-go-round it to death.  We can literally see the exact same path that happened to me happening to Ghostz right now because he defended Xbox on this forum. You attempt to discredit him, claim he's a liar and then flood every thread with the same bullshit:lawl:

I wonder if the couple decent posters left here really truly understand why people have stopped posting here regularly?  It's the same shit EVERY time :tom: 

:hest: What a meltdown.

All this salt and anger because Sony won’t follow the loser model that MS is going and port all their games to PC day and date.

He claims he doesn’t mind waiting for Sony’s games yet he’s writing essays in here and crying his bitch ass out :luff:

:mj: If this is you “not caring”, I wonder what it’s like when you do care.

:mjgrin: BTW, Cuckstz doesn’t own a PS5 or a PSVR2, there’s no need to defend his ass here even though I know he’s your boyfriend. We’ve given him plenty chances to prove he owns a PS5 and he’s failed everytime.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I have moved on from owning Playstation hardware... and it's YOU who can't seem to accept that reality :drake: 

You have moved on yet you are writing essays in here and having a meltdown that you have to wait 3 years.

😭 I’ve moved on from Playstation y’all!”

1896A14F-3B59-4903-9ED6-C5515B641A1D.thumb.jpeg.6c8aedfbf421d124cf096be045164c5a.jpeg

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

You have moved on yet you are writing essays in here and having a meltdown that you have to wait 3 years.

😭 I’ve moved on from Playstation y’all!”

:roll: 

You're literally melting down because I'm not buying a PS5 and playing PS5 games on PS5... get a life you fucking loser :hest: 

Just now, Remij said:

:roll: 

You're literally melting down because I'm not buying a PS5 and playing PS5 games on PS5... get a life you fucking loser :hest: 

I just reported Jim Ryan’s interview with this thread. I own a PS5 and PC, I don’t have to wait for anything.

:aitch: I get to play every game when it launches at its best state whether on my PS5 or on my 4090, no waiting or begging for ports.

You’re the one bitching and crying that you have to wait 3 years and how Jim Ryan is “lying”  and how he’s about flip the script and do day and date any minute now :freeman: (dat cope).

Bitch, he already told your ass to wait 3 years. You can either accept it or move on and it’s clear from your meltdown essays here that you haven’t moved on :sabu:

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

You're the biggest fucking clown period.  You just say the opposite of whatever I say so you can jerry-go-round every thread about the same shit...

You're so angry...........because I am telling you things........... that you can't deny.

You're angry, because I'm fucking right. And you wish it wasn't so.

Sweetie..............I don't care enough about you to intentionally SEEK THE OPPOSITE position of the bullshit you're peddling

You just naturally tend to gravitate to peddling bullshit.

I don't. I call it like I sees it.

11 hours ago, Remij said:

Not the end goal.. just a goal.  Sony will always release their PC ports on Steam, just like MS.

MS have tried twice to take over PC gaming. There's no guarantee they wont pull their games off Steam in the future when they feel strong enough.

Imo of they had bought Activision, then along with all the other companies they bought they absolutely would feel strong enough to push their own store again.