DF - Asus ROG Ally Review vs Steam Deck: The Fastest PC Handheld... But Is It The Best?

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you don't have a response..........you know exactly what I said, and the points I made........and you don't have a response to the very basic premise

"if Nintendo's handheld literally had issues in which opening menu and apps caused complete crashes when they launched the handheld, how would you have reacted on this very forum"

You don't want to answer that, because you know it makes you lose the very claim you just attempted.

Take the L, second-class bitch

If Nintendo's handheld was a PC, and ran through a translation layer on a completely different operating system to which the games and client were never meant to run on.... I'd be understanding... much like how I am of the Steam Deck.  Moron. :lemming: 

LOL, look at how easily his pathetic attempt at a "gotcha" was to smash back in his non-gaming bitch ass face. :lawl: 

I can also laugh knowing that Nintendo's handheld NOT having those issues still doesn't make YOU play yours.  :rofls: 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

steamdeck feels like a console. it's amazing how quick it is to get going. rog will probably be a bit clunky, initially.

Ally will be even better when it runs SteamOS.

Im not gonna lie, these devices have given me a newfound appreciation for the Switch. While its hardware is clearly dated, what Nintendo accomplished a whole 6 years ago when it came to the size, weig

Posted Images

Just now, Remij said:

If Nintendo's handheld was a PC, and ran through a translation layer

No...........that's not going to work

Its a CONSUMER END PRODUCT

If a CONSUMER END PRODUCT is doing such things...................would you say anything about it on this very forum

yes or no

I love it, you've completely DICK TUCKED your way into saying that shitty handheld..............isn't really made for consumers.

Please re-confirm this.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No...........that's not going to work

Yes it is going to work.  That's the answer because it's the truth.  You're just mad you didn't actually think of that perspective, idiot. :lemming: 

And you're not going to Jerry-go-round all saturday night about it.  That's the fucking answer and you lost, clown bitch. Now fuck off :lawl: 

Just now, Remij said:

Yes it is going to work.  That's the answer because it's the truth

No, it didn't work

You are basically saying that Valve isn't really responsible for their products.................like a REAL PLATFORM COMPANY is.

:lawl:You just completely destroyed everything you've ever hyped up about Valve

And I just forced you into admitting that.

Admitting that Valve is like you: second-class

Im not gonna lie, these devices have given me a newfound appreciation for the Switch. While its hardware is clearly dated, what Nintendo accomplished a whole 6 years ago when it came to the size, weight, battery life, and price of the unit along with the fact that its dead quiet, is definitely laudable. I think Switch 2 is going to impress us.

• NPC 1
  • aitch 1
20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im not gonna lie, these devices have given me a newfound appreciation for the Switch. While its hardware is clearly dated, what Nintendo accomplished a whole 6 years ago when it came to the size, weight, battery life, and price of the unit along with the fact that its dead quiet, is definitely laudable. I think Switch 2 is going to impress us.

Valve is going to regret NOT TAKING THE BIG RESPONSIBILITIES regarding what they started.

Its the same fucking story with Valve: they never finish what they start.

All of these PC hardware makers are realizing that making nVIdia cards simply isn't profitable anymore.........and now they see that the new hype are portable PC handhelds.

And Valve has pretty much told the entire market thats its okay to just make the hardware, and let the consumers try to fix the fucking games and the get the OS running on their own.

This is FANTASTIC NEWS for Asus, for Gigabyte, and for eVGA..........just make the hardware, and don't get blamed for how well the software runs. They can absolutely do that.

So we are going to see more copycat PC "handhelds" flooding the market, along with chinese no-name companies.

Developers who make the PC games? They now have no target spec to optimize for. Figure it out on your own in the configuration menu.

The same exact shitshow that happens on PC desktops is going to happen on PC handhelds. Because nobody wanted to take responsibility.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Switch 2 will own :wow2:

• aitch 1

on a side note im surprised at how much powerful the Ayaneo Air Plus seems to be compared to the base Air I had bought. I couldn't even launch Metro Exodus but it seems to run fine on the Plus.

The most beefy SKU costing nearly $1,300 is laughable though. I don't see how Ayaneo can continue to survive in this increasingly competitive market with their pricing model.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

on a side note im surprised at how much powerful the Ayaneo Air Plus seems to be compared to the base Air I had bought. I couldn't even launch Metro Exodus but it seems to run fine on the Plus.

The most beefy SKU costing nearly $1,300 is laughable though. I don't see how Ayaneo can continue to survive in this increasingly competitive market with their pricing model.

there's companies out there making ridiculous $2000 VR headsets.

because there's these uber nerds in the PC space who buy this type of crazy "prototype" type of shit.

They buy, use it for a few weeks, and then set it aside as they try and find something else.

As long as it has one "extreme" product feature, these guys will buy it.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The reality is that if you want to play games outside neither device is that useful unless you carry a power bank with you or play smaller, less graphically intensive games.

That's true, but now hopefully people can stop holding it uniquely against the Steamdeck when all handheld PCs are in the same boat

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.ec3e50b180f8517e8e7ee6f27bb0f984.png

So this is interesting. The poor performance in the 9w mode was one of the issues brought up by DF and other reviewers, and its already been improved by quite a bit in some games. This is promising as it shows that many of the niggling issues the system currently has can be fixed with software/firmware updates.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Twinblade said:

image.thumb.png.ec3e50b180f8517e8e7ee6f27bb0f984.png

So this is interesting. The poor performance in the 9w mode was one of the issues brought up by DF and other reviewers, and its already been improved by quite a bit in some games. This is promising as it shows that many of the niggling issues the system currently has can be fixed with software/firmware updates.

The Deck still does damn good at lower wattages.

Here's the 15w Deck default.   Massive gains for the Ally with this newest firmware.  Good stuff.

ASUS-ROG-ALLY-15W-GAMING-FIRMWARE-UPDATE

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the ROG goes up to 30, right?

Yep.   There's even more power there, but battery life becomes a complete joke at those wattages.  Still though, if you're using it as a standard PC and have it plugged into a monitor/TV and outlet... you've got a pretty beastly little device right there.

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.   There's even more power there, but battery life becomes a complete joke at those wattages.  Still though, if you're using it as a standard PC and have it plugged into a monitor/TV and outlet... you've got a pretty beastly little device right there.

yeah, plugged in, it's pretty insane in turbo mode.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I didn't realize it but the latest firmware improves performance across the board in all the modes

csm_ASUS_ROG_ALLY_25W_GAMING_FIRMWARE_UP

Forza 5 running at double the framerate of the deck version is kind of crazy.

Pretty incredible tech. Did you end up getting one?

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Pretty incredible tech. Did you end up getting one?

Im very close to buying it.....but Im trying to see if there's enough PC games coming out soon that I would be interested in playing. I don't want to buy it and then just have it collect dust.