DF - Asus ROG Ally Review vs Steam Deck: The Fastest PC Handheld... But Is It The Best?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

steamdeck feels like a console. it's amazing how quick it is to get going. rog will probably be a bit clunky, initially.

Ally will be even better when it runs SteamOS.

Im not gonna lie, these devices have given me a newfound appreciation for the Switch. While its hardware is clearly dated, what Nintendo accomplished a whole 6 years ago when it came to the size, weig

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Add anotha one to the list of people who have handheld PC gaming devices on this forum :blessed: 

Ally buyers from this forum might overtake owners of that Valve handheld, pretty soon.

Especially since there clearly wasn't anywhere close to a "majority" like some amazingly imbecilic dumbass tried to claim not too long ago:tom:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Ally buyers from this forum might overtake owners of that Valve handheld, pretty soon.

Especially since there clearly wasn't anywhere close to a "majority" like some amazingly imbecilic dumbass tried to claim not too long ago:tom:

The majority have Decks dummy.... and I invite you, Goukosan, and anyone else to buy an Ally to win this argument :geese: 

Just now, Remij said:

The majority have Decks dummy....

No...........your claim was that the MAJORITY OF THIS FORUM'S USERS have that Valve handheld.

They don't

We both know that you just tried to lie about that.

And now, you just tried to change the goalposts........did you honestly think it was going to work on me?:drake:

• NPC 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No...........your claim was that the MAJORITY OF THIS FORUM'S USERS have that Valve handheld.

They don't

We both know that you just tried to lie about that.

And now, you just tried to change the goalposts........did you honestly think it was going to work on me?:drake:

They do.  The majority of us active users DO own Decks. :drake: 

The majority own Decks over Ally's too.

You're welcome to try and change that by.... buying one :hest: 

Just now, Remij said:

They do.  The majority of us active users DO own Decks. :drake: 

No they don't

That's you lying.

And you can't prove it...........because YOU KNOW you're lying.

Which is why you run away and don't prove it.

...........like a little bitch, that you are.

Just now, jehurey said:

No they don't

That's you lying.

And you can't prove it...........because YOU KNOW you're lying.

Which is why you run away and don't prove it.

...........like a little bitch, that you are.

Nope.  I already proved 5 or 6 of us do own Decks... and there's not 10-12 regular posters here sweetie :lul: 

Deck whoopin that Jerky ass... but go ahead and buy an Ally, maybe convince Gouki to as well.. you might get close :lawl: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Nope.  I already proved 5 or 6 of us do own Decks... and there's not 10-12 regular posters here sweetie :lul: 

No, you didn't

I love how he keeps on trying to sneak in qualifiers............it just goes to show how desperate he is.

:tom: Notice a pattern?

1421545512_Screenshot2023-05-31at20-17-01Aretherenofreepcbenchmarksnow.png.72f835b87c968e7b7f6607776a414b68.png

This will never get old. LOL

• NPC 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Well I finally pulled the trigger

image.png.024321b3454099f7171cccf06e49312b.png

:wow2:

You didn't like the Deck nor the Ayaneo, I await yojr eventual buyers remorse thread once you get fed up with the janky os and short battery life :trump2:

• Geese 1

I might add the charger dock to my order. There have been many times that i've wanted to connect my PC to my TV in the living room, but despite tech being so advanced there is still no efficient way to do that outside of running a long HDMI cable (which will have its own issues with signal quality especially as their length increases) or using wireless HDMI transmitters (which are also inconsistent from the research i've done).

So I think the idea of loading up some of my PC games on the Ally, and then just docking it in the living room and immediately being able to play my PC games from my couch is actually pretty appealing. The only concern is that the games might not look great running at 720p or even 1080p on my TV. But It could also be possible to just use cloud streaming apps like Geforce Now to stream the games and see how the quality compares.