Is it worth upgrading my 2060 OC 6gb to a 4060ti OC 8gb?

19 hours ago, Remij said:

No.  Don't buy an 8GB card, unless you only plan on gaming at 1080p.

I do. I'm not upgrading my monitor anytime soon. I have a 30" ultra wide 1080p 200hz

1 hour ago, Casual said:

yeah do the 4070. hell, 3080 12gb would be better than the 4060.

Yes bigger number is better.. and bigger price too. I literally just play dota 2 and diablo 4 on PC lol. D4 runs alright on the 2060 but it has its moments

14 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Yes bigger number is better.. and bigger price too. I literally just play dota 2 and diablo 4 on PC lol. D4 runs alright on the 2060 but it has its moments

it's just $200 more. you'll get more bang for buck, long term.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

I do. I'm not upgrading my monitor anytime soon. I have a 30" ultra wide 1080p 200hz

There’s plenty of evidence of newer games running poorly on 8gb cards even at 1080p. Hell I play at 1440p which isn’t that much of a leap and I’ve still experienced plenty of issues on my 3070Ti.

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There’s plenty of evidence of newer games running poorly on 8gb cards even at 1080p. Hell I play at 1440p which isn’t that much of a leap and I’ve still experienced plenty of issues on my 3070Ti.

that's crazy, especially since that's still a gangsta af card (theoretically).

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

I'm not advocating for buying a 4070 for your usage, but if you're serious about an upgrade and won't consider AMD cards it's at least worth noting that the 4070 comes with a free copy of Diablo 4 while the 4060 Ti doesn't. That knocks $90 off the $250 difference if you haven't pre-ordered it.

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm not advocating for buying a 4070 for your usage, but if you're serious about an upgrade and won't consider AMD cards it's at least worth noting that the 4070 comes with a free copy of Diablo 4 while the 4060 Ti doesn't. That knocks $90 off the $250 difference if you haven't pre-ordered it.

Its preordered 

8 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Why is the rx7600 so much cheaper than the 4060? Is it really that much worse?

Yup. The rx7600 is solid for 1080p. But there are probably better cards in the $300 price range.