Bungie deemed Factions a POS, Sony significantly downscales team and tells them to reassess (TCHBFR!!!!!!!) UP: When will Firepower come out of hiding?

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Bungie deemed Factions a POS, told Sony to cancel it (and they did - TCHBO)
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Bungie deemed Factions a POS, Sony significantly downscales team and tells them to reassess (TCHBFR!!!!!!!) UP: When will Firepower come out of hiding?

Hey if Naughty Dog can't do proper multilayer, then they should stick to their strengths.

This is on the level of Nintendo handling Metroid Prime 4.

These are the real decisions that companies who actually care about reputation and quality have the BALLS to do.

Good. Nobody here was acting like a fucking TLOU Multi-player game was going to be necessary to the Playstation platform.

If it worked  then that's great. If it was meh, then we would all ve saying that it should be packaged with a single player or sold for a lower price.

If it's not good at all, then back to the drawing board, and move Naughty Dog over to stuff that they are better suited for.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

If this was MS leadership, they would have shipped the game earlier to maximize profits. 

The old MS would have bitch slapped Bungie and told them to stfd.

Sony is doing live service games with a $500 console?

lmfao fuck outta here

24 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

The old MS would have bitch slapped Bungie and told them to stfd.

Sony is doing live service games with a $500 console?

lmfao fuck outta here

And MS is doing no games on a 500 dollar console.  

• dead 2

Oh shit I just saw that tweet, Bungie is apparently influencing their live service games initiative.. basically deciding what is worth pursuing or not...  Seems like there might be some friction between Sony factions :lupe: 

Imagine if Bungie starts fucking things up from within Sony causing resentment and rifts between their studios after all this time lol

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Oh shit I just saw that tweet, Bungie is apparently influencing their live service games initiative.. basically deciding what is worth pursuing or not...  Seems like there might be some friction between Sony factions :lupe: 

Imagine if Bungie starts fucking things up from within Sony causing resentment and rifts between their studios after all this time lol

The only reason Bungie is telling them what to do is because they're responsible for one of the most successful, long running GAAS game on the market with Destiny 2. 

Lol at thinking this indicate some kind of grandiose drama. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The only reason Bungie is telling them what to do is because they're responsible for one of the most successful, long running GAAS game on the market with Destiny 2. 

Lol at thinking this indicate some kind of grandiose drama. 

No shit.

Imagine if Ramza starts running his mouf causing resentment and rifts between Remij and him after all this time :mad: 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

No shit.

Imagine if Ramza starts running his mouf causing resentment and rifts between Remij and him after all this time :mad: 

Geez man, ok ok don't hit me, brah. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Geez man, ok ok don't hit me, brah. 

I'd never do that.

I wouldn't want to break that VR headset you have glued to your head :face: 

❤️

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'd never do that.

I wouldn't want to break that VR headset you have glued to your head :face: 

❤️

Watch out bro, I played Thrill of the Fight and got to learn boxing like I was in the matrix. 

No but seriously, that game is a killer workout. Which is why I don't play it much. :D 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

I'm pretty sure that was the main message that Sony execs were talking about when they announced the Bungie acquisition.

Bungie would "oversee" and "collaborate" with like 9 GaaS "projects"

For starters..........it boils down to: is Bungie an expert in this field of gaming?

And I guess so, if Sony execs are basically saying that they bought Bungie BECAUSE of their initiative for getting into GaaS.

Bungie did an audit here. And they told Sony management that the way Factions is currently designed, it won't have a long shelf-life, and it won't raise money as a GaaS.

I didn't know that Factions was meant to be designed as a GaaS, I thought it was just a straightforward online mode.

I guess there would be co-op type of missions. Maybe they could add "seasons" or a rotating set of objectives and quests.

But the first thing that comes to my mind is: how were they going to handle endless weapon loot? Were they going to sell alot of clothing options as DLC?

54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm pretty sure that was the main message that Sony execs were talking about when they announced the Bungie acquisition.

Bungie would "oversee" and "collaborate" with like 9 GaaS "projects"

For starters..........it boils down to: is Bungie an expert in this field of gaming?

And I guess so, if Sony execs are basically saying that they bought Bungie BECAUSE of their initiative for getting into GaaS.

Bungie did an audit here. And they told Sony management that the way Factions is currently designed, it won't have a long shelf-life, and it won't raise money as a GaaS.

I didn't know that Factions was meant to be designed as a GaaS, I thought it was just a straightforward online mode.

I guess there would be co-op type of missions. Maybe they could add "seasons" or a rotating set of objectives and quests.

But the first thing that comes to my mind is: how were they going to handle endless weapon loot? Were they going to sell alot of clothing options as DLC?

I suppose so.  Time will tell if that was the right decision or not.  I didn't know Factions was going to be GaaS either.  We really didn't know anything about it.

For all we know, it's not just GaaS games Bungie has under their purview but perhaps all multiplayer initiatives coming from Sony?

I mean, it's a good idea at its core.  They could be absolutely justified with holding it back or scaling it down for all we know..  We've heard time and time again that you don't necessarily see the issues with something until late in development..  MP games are very tricky.  Sometimes developers are too close to the material to objectively view it's quality.  That said, I personally don't think Naughty Dog have ever made a bad MP game... Uncharted 2's MP was a blast for me.  3's was fun too, and Factions itself was great too.  So the quality is likely there, but the structure needs to be a bit different, and that could take some time to implement.  It's possible Sony changed their direction with the title mid development from a traditional MP mode, towards more of a service game type, and Naughty Dog have been having trouble adapting to that?  Could be that simple.

Edited by Remij