Can we all be honest about something? (Spider-man 2 related)

This is NOT how I expected this game to look...

2.jpg

5.jpg

18.jpg

The Symbiote suit does not look good.  I get what they were trying to do, but it just makes it look like the suit constantly has low res textures which haven't fully loaded in :D 

The fast traversal is very cool, and don't get me wrong, the game looks great still for an open world game... NYC is MUCH bigger now in this game too... but it basically looks like the first two games with some better lighting and shadows, but even more pop-in. :francis: 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the showing.

Insomniac are some of the best devs around, excelling at rollercoaster experiences and pushing the limits of open world fidelity/fx/geometry with each respective system. There’s a caveat, though. Whil

The city parts look amazing. That’s all that really matters to me, visually. This will be a fun rollercoaster ride. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The city parts look amazing. That’s all that really matters to me, visually. This will be a fun rollercoaster ride. 

Yea, there are parts of the city which look a lot better than the past games, like the water sections, and certain aspects of the shadows and ambient occlusion which makes it look to have a bit more depth.   Switching between Miles and Peter instantly is cool.  In the trailer there's conveniently a cutscene before you press square to switch to Miles, but I wonder if during normal gameplay you can just switch back and forth between them at your own discretion when crimes/store beats are happening in certain districts?  That would be awesome.

• Like 1

It was totally uninteresting, unimpressive and boring.

Just like the first game. 

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, there are parts of the city which look a lot better than the past games, like the water sections, and certain aspects of the shadows and ambient occlusion which makes it look to have a bit more depth.   Switching between Miles and Peter instantly is cool.  In the trailer there's conveniently a cutscene before you press square to switch to Miles, but I wonder if during normal gameplay you can just switch back and forth between them at your own discretion when crimes/store beats are happening in certain districts?  That would be awesome.

yeah, the water looked great and i'm curious to see how the character dynamic plays out. though, after playing the incredible TOTK, i don't know if this warrants $70. yeah, it looks fun. however, it's not a game i'm dying for.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, the water looked great and i'm curious to see how the character dynamic plays out. though, after playing the incredible TOTK, i don't know if this warrants $70. yeah, it looks fun. however, it's not a game i'm dying for.

Yeah it's kind of a similar situation to BOTW and TOTK.  Basically TOTK looks like BOTW at a glance, but when you play it you realize just how much harder they went with everything.  Tears of the Kingdom, despite looking visually similar to BOTW, it doing a LOT more technically under the hood which you cant appreciate until you play it yourself.

Perhaps it's the same thing here, and there's going to be some crazy cool new shit you can do that they wanted to keep as a surprise?  I know the city is definitely much bigger, and it looks to be more varied.

I just expected it to be more different to Spider-man and Miles Morales that it ended up being.  That, and I just really don't like the Symbiote suit design they showed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yeah it's kind of a similar situation to BOTW and TOTK.  Basically TOTK looks like BOTW at a glance, but when you play it you realize just how much harder they went with everything.  Tears of the Kingdom, despite looking visually similar to BOTW, it doing a LOT more technically under the hood which you cant appreciate until you play it yourself.

Perhaps it's the same thing here, and there's going to be some crazy cool new shit you can do that they wanted to keep as a surprise?  I know the city is definitely much bigger, and it looks to be more varied.

I just expected it to be more different to Spider-man and Miles Morales that it ended up being.  That, and I just really don't like the Symbiote suit design they showed.

that's what i'm hoping for. right now, it looks very "more of the same", which is fine, but not $70 fine. but yeah, i'm sure we'll see more soon. insomniac are pretty great devs, so i'm definitely watching it.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im probably going to end up skipping it. I think I got my fill of these games with the original and Miles Morales. This isn't doing enough new things to grab my interest.

What I’ve been saying all along. On top of that, these games aren’t different than the PS2/Xbox/GC game. I mean, I don’t know too much of what they could do differently but the formula is very old at this point, imo. 

Co-op would be big for this series, but for some reason cows think co op or MP is a bad idea. Not sure why. 

20 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

What I’ve been saying all along. On top of that, these games aren’t different than the PS2/Xbox/GC game. I mean, I don’t know too much of what they could do differently but the formula is very old at this point, imo. 

Co-op would be big for this series, but for some reason cows think co op or MP is a bad idea. Not sure why. 

Stop being retarded. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Stop being retarded. 

They’re not. I loved that game… Spider-Man 1 was good but not much different. MM was just a complete rehash. I’m not sure what you think is different. I mean, it’s bigger and you move faster, but they’re literally the same thing mission wise. Just a limitation of the IP I guess. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im probably going to end up skipping it. I think I got my fill of these games with the original and Miles Morales. This isn't doing enough new things to grab my interest.

You said the samething about TOTK all the way up until release. 

You guys jump to conclusions waaaay to quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You said the samething about TOTK all the way up until release. 

You guys jump to conclusions waaaay too quickly. 

this game will not totally re-invent itself like Zelda did. Spider-Man’s IP is too limited. It’s not like you can add new abilities to Spider-Man. New moves? Sure.. but not actual abilities. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
8 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

They’re not. I loved that game… Spider-Man 1 was good but not much different. MM was just a complete rehash. I’m not sure what you think is different. I mean, it’s bigger and you move faster, but they’re literally the same thing mission wise. Just a limitation of the IP I guess. 

The combat and traversal are leagues better than the clunky old games. Also, the scale is on another level. Again, stop making retarded posts. 

3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

this game will not totally re-invent itself like Zelda did. Spider-Man’s IP is too limited. It’s not like you can add new abilities to Spider-Man. New moves? Sure.. but not actual abilities. 

That wasn't the point I was making. 

We haven't seen enough of Spiderman 2 to make a call on what they're going to add that's new. 

Up until he played it Twinblade was saying the samething or worse about TOTK based on the first trailer... 

As if a developer will reveal everything about a game in the first real trailer 7 months away from release...lmfao. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

The combat and traversal are leagues better than the clunky old games. Also, the scale is on another level. Again, stop making retarded posts. 

That’s exactly what I said. It’s faster and bigger. But the general gameplay loop is identical. I mean you can also say this for games like GTA. GTAV had MP though, which is the reason it’s still popular. I don’t think there’s necessarily anything else they can do about it with the IP being so limited, though. 

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

That’s exactly what I said. It’s faster and bigger. But the general gameplay loop is identical. I mean you can also say this for games like GTA. GTAV had MP though, which is the reason it’s still popular. I don’t think there’s necessarily anything else they can do about it with the IP being so limited, though. 

They don’t even have the same controls lol. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That wasn't the point I was making. 

We haven't seen enough of Spiderman 2 to make a call on what they're going to add that's new. 

Up until he played it Twinblade was saying the samething or worse about TOTK based on the first trailer... 

As if a developer will reveal everything about a game in the first real trailer 7 months away from release...lmfao. 

I mean, Spider-Man can’t fuse things or anything like that. He can shoot web and climb up walls. That’s it. They can’t invent a new Spider-Man power or ability that changes gameplay.