Diablo 4 GS review - 8.0

The Good

• A gripping story with a cast of complex characters interwoven in an engrossing tale of loss and redemption
  • Flexible role-playing systems let you experiment with a variety of viable builds
  • Massive map with gorgeous and varied locales that is exciting to explore
  • Multi-layered boss fights in the main story offer a satisfying challenge

The Bad

• Boss fights in standard dungeons are lackluster affairs
  • Visual limitations are laid bare when the camera swoops in during cutscenes 

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/diablo-4-review-mother-knows-best/1900-6418072/ 

damn what a flop

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoguhts:   Level 58 now, just doing nightmare dungeons (~tier 13-15 depending on the key I have available. Pretty mixed on the game overall....the action stuff is great, the rpg stuff is

Can't get over how ugly the female druids are. The men are ugly but fuck the women are god damn ogres     

Today is early access day 😌

Posted Images

Isn't the graphics complaint a bit unfair. Yeah it really doesn't look like anything better than midPS4 quality when you view the cutscenes, but the game isn't really meant to be seen that close.

It felt like it had a Witcher 2 cutscene type of stiffness. Sometimes I find that a bit endearing.

So far, nothing has convinced me the endgame is so brilliant that it's worth stripping everything out of the initial leveling process. The thin storytelling doesn't help either—thankfully you can skip it on subsequent characters. Diablo 4 is a live service game that puts an insulting amount of effort into trying to convince you it's not. It's backwards; trying to build up to the most robust part of itself instead of starting with it. The moment entering a fresh dungeon feels more like a chore than a ride is the moment Diablo loses me, and I've been worryingly close to that feeling in my time with it so far.

:tom: 

yiikes, so alot of people were warning that the beta might not be indicative of the final game, because they might be overly generous with loot during the beta, and then when you finally play the retail game, you don't get rewarded nearly as well.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Isn't the graphics complaint a bit unfair. Yeah it really doesn't look like anything better than midPS4 quality when you view the cutscenes, but the game isn't really meant to be seen that close.

It felt like it had a Witcher 2 cutscene type of stiffness. Sometimes I find that a bit endearing.

I was actually impressed by the visuals. The interior of the Inn in the first town for example looked really sharp and detailed, even when you zoom all the way in.

Put a couple of hours into the game now.. obviously I've done all this content before already, but it's definitely a much more polished experience now.  Little issues that I noticed before have all been cleaned up.  Rolling with a Barb like I said I was going to. B) 

Servers have been perfect so far.  No rubber banding like what would happen during the betas.

God I can' wait for the weekend.  Having an party/get together for my parents Anniversary, and then Diablo 4 as much as we can all weekend :wow2: 

Edited by Remij