Sign in to follow this  
mr. solid snake

HELP ME cows!

please can a cow whose got a ps3 remind me why i should get it when it comes out in 9 days time.im hearing sooo many negative thing about it and i just want 2 hear the positive things plz.the price 425 pounds and less backwards compaability bugs me but there must be loads of good things as well?as long as my ps3 plays god of war 2,thats enough for me.

cows only plz

has far has the backward's compatibility, the firmware will be upgraded over time. On march 23 in fact there will be a new firmware upgrade you can download to get the most emulation out of your console in the PAL region. Which right now is almost all PSOne titles and 1000+ PS2 games.

Your lucky dude, unless you've owned a 360 for some time, the PS3 launches with like 30+ games, plus some pretty decent downloadable stuff.

But I mean if your waiting for DMC,MGS4 or maybe Heavenly Sword, I guess you could wait late summer early fall. But if you want to get in on the Home beta, that starts in April, you need to own the systemand sign up for it before it released in October.

I hope that helps

^thanks:-* .... @talamatross:no not really,but ive read a lot of things that the internet has to say about the ps3 and i just wanted a couple more opinions.i dont want 2 spend 425 pounds on sumthing that wont even play mgs3:subsistence.okay now,should i still buy it if my TV isnt HD?u guys are probably gonna say hell no!it looks shit,but it doesnt look worse than a ps2 ...does it? i mean does anyone whos got a ps3 not own a HD tv?

You should ask that question in the main forum. Asking whether or not to buy a system in a biased forum that's filled with fanboys probably won't net you a lot of unbiased opinions.

Granted not everyone is like that, when you post in the main forum you're able to get both positive and negative reasons about the system (any system). Granted there will be extremest reasons for and against the system, but once you gather the information you can do research yourself to see which is actually true.

As for games I usually go to gamerankings.com and go to the rankings. The drop down bars can sort the highest rated games into genres, the year they came out, # of reviews, just for that system, etc.

:]

^thanks:-* .... @talamatross:no not really,but ive read a lot of things that the internet has to say about the ps3 and i just wanted a couple more opinions.i dont want 2 spend 425 pounds on sumthing that wont even play mgs3:subsistence.okay now,should i still buy it if my TV isnt HD?u guys are probably gonna say hell no!it looks shit,but it doesnt look worse than a ps2 ...does it? i mean does anyone whos got a ps3 not own a HD tv?

My friend does, it's decent, but text on some the games that are small fonts are hard to read on it. Besides that tho, I played Motorstorm on his SDTV, still plenty good, the only problem I saw was navigating the online portion with the blurry small text in SD resolutions with it.

The XMB works fine in SD has does the PS Store and Internet Browser.

I mean ideally the PS3 needs an HD output, but I think even you go component to a nice 480p TV in progressive scan, it should look no worse then playing your PS2 or Xbox on said TV.

Who cares about BC...just keep your PS2.

GAmes wont look as well on SD as HD but they still will look good. I had 360 before i got a HDTV and it looked good still. HD is miles better though.

And the launch you guys are getting is pretty good. If you dont have or plan on buying a 360 then PS3 is a good call imo.

I have one and I'm telling you not to get it. If blu ray is your deal, then get it (it's the reason I got mine).

I have one and I'm telling you not to get it. If blu ray is your deal, then get it (it's the reason I got mine).
dude...have you seen the euro launch?

I didn't know he was talking about europe, I just skimmed :dove:

what's in it?

(pretty sure my response will stand)

I didn't know he was talking about europe, I just skimmed :D

what's in it?

(pretty sure my response will stand)

like 30 games...if you don't have a 360 it's fucking overwhelming...even if you do it's nice.

At the top of my head, there is....

Motorstorm

Resistance

Virtua Fighter 5

Tekken

Oblivion

Fear

VT3

etcc...

• Resistance: Fall of Man™ - SCEE - Disc
  • MotorStorm™ - SCEE - Disc
  • Genji™: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
  • FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
  • Ridge Racer™ 7 - SCEE - Disc
  • Tekken®: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
  • Lemmings™ - SCEE - Network
  • Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
  • Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
  • Blast Factor™ - SCEE - Network
  • flOw™ - SCEE - Network
  • Super Rub’a'Dub - SCEE - Network
  • Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
  • Tony Hawk’s Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
  • Gundam – Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
  • Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
  • Sonic the Hedgehog™ - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
  • Virtua Fighter™ 5 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
  • Virtua Tennis™ 3 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
  • World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
  • NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
  • NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
  • Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
  • Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
  • The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
  • Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • The Godfather: The Don’s Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
  • F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
  • Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

Almost all of those games are on and better on 360. But if you dont havea 360...that is a freakin awesome launch

id like 2 get resistance and F.E.A.R.hopefully the shop where im buying ps3 will come with a game...should cuz there doing 360s bundled with Gears and S vs.R2007 sooo...which is better?fear or resistance?