Sign in to follow this  
randar23rhenn

RPG discussion thread

The anime was terrible, not sure I'm gonna give the game a chance.

really? what was bad about it? (not being sarcastic, i havent seen it and wanna know more!)

It's just a silly shonen anime that can't decide whether its a serious action show or a comedy.

Oh, and the main character is a bitch. I can't stand those. :bitch: Think Vaan just more innocent and with less ambition.

(not to mention the furries, ie 99% of the characters)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xVQRCYBg3SY

sa00xqhQgTQ

It's great they sound and behave like adults,in compraison to TWEWY where they acted like 10 year olds. The dialogue was nothing but pre-teen ANGST ANGST ANGST from beginning to end.

It's cool how the protangonist has a family now.

Isn't that breaking a trend in japanese anime \ games set in high schools? because in most high school anime comedies you never see the characters parents, or they dont have parents like the tenmas in school rumble...

I never noticed that, neku started off emo, but he grew throughout the game, he never really annoyed me at all though tbh.:/

Isn't that breaking a trend in japanese anime \ games set in high schools? because in most high school anime comedies you never see the characters parents, or they dont have parents like the tenmas in school rumble...

I never noticed that, neku started off emo, but he grew throughout the game, he never really annoyed me at all though tbh.:/

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_World_Ends_with_You

"Alright, now today is gonna totally kick ass! ...Or...is it? Oh no...I can feel my inner-emo stirring...Must...fight...emo...urges...I know! I just need to think about the light of my life--my beacon of hope...My purpose! Tin Pin Slammer is my purpose!"

- Neku

Actual quote from the game. If I had my camera I'd take a picture of it because I know exactly where the cutscene is. I remember seeing that cutscene and thinking "WTF?" and just skipped the rest of the dialogue. That's at the end of the game.

Never seen The Gokusen or Azumanga Daioh? :scared:

Most of the time parents are very prominent in a series because the show is focused on school and the daily lives of the students themselves.

It;s not his real family btw. It's his uncle and cousin.

Suikoden info from Nintendo Power:

* Its design is comparable to previous Suikoden titles.

* Battle System controlled by d-pad or stylus.

* Co-op attacks still exist.

* Short, medium, and long-ranged attacks.

* Game progression mission based.

* Potch gained from completed missions, not dropped from enemies.

* Weapons bought instead of upgraded.

* No True Runes

* No one-on-one duels

* No strategic battles

* No re-occurring characters confirmed yet.

* Set in parallel world. ???

What? ..What? :scared:

The anime was terrible, not sure I'm gonna give the game a chance.

really? what was bad about it? (not being sarcastic, i havent seen it and wanna know more!)

It's just a silly shonen anime that can't decide whether its a serious action show or a comedy.

Oh, and the main character is a bitch. I can't stand those. :bitch: Think Vaan just more innocent and with less ambition.

(not to mention the furries, ie 99% of the characters)

great.... it looks so cool though :scared:

Suikoden info from Nintendo Power:

* Its design is comparable to previous Suikoden titles.

* Battle System controlled by d-pad or stylus.

* Co-op attacks still exist.

* Short, medium, and long-ranged attacks.

* Game progression mission based.

* Potch gained from completed missions, not dropped from enemies.

* Weapons bought instead of upgraded.

* No True Runes

* No one-on-one duels

* No strategic battles

* No re-occurring characters confirmed yet.

* Set in parallel world. ???

What? ..What? :scared:

I hate the DS now.

Who didn't see this coming? Suikoden hasn't been good for years. It would have taken a miracle for this one to somehow rise above all the rest of the terrible suikodens in the past few years. It doesn't even really look like a Suikoden anyway from the screens I've seen so meh.

"Alright, now today is gonna totally kick ass! ...Or...is it? Oh no...I can feel my inner-emo stirring...Must...fight...emo...urges...I know! I just need to think about the light of my life--my beacon of hope...My purpose! Tin Pin Slammer is my purpose!"

- Neku

Actual quote from the game. If I had my camera I'd take a picture of it because I know exactly where the cutscene is. I remember seeing that cutscene and thinking "WTF?" and just skipped the rest of the dialogue. That's at the end of the game.

Most of the time parents are very prominent in a series because the show is focused on school and the daily lives of the students themselves.

C'mon now, Its not much worse than Kingdom Hearts

?

I like The World Ends With You. There are things about it I love and at the same thing there are thing abot it I can't stand. I love the visual style of the game,I think the soundtrack is amazing,the boss fights is where the battle system becomes fun and engaging since they require a lot more strategy then normal encounters,it's great how customizable the battle system is and I think the story was surprisingly pretty decent for a game. But that's only because it rips off one of my favorite animes.

But I think the characters are really bad and unlikable. They're all walking cliches. One of them dies like 2 hours into the game without even knowing anything about her. And the writing is terrible. They talk so much and everything they say is straight garbage and uninteresting to read.

There's only 3 that stand out in my mind,Joshua,Konishi,and Sho. All "Reapers" ; )

I actually liked the Reapers more then the main characters and was hoping they'd win in the end.

TWEWY to me is a game that has it's really big ups and downs. There are moments that are amazing,other times where the game is just completely unbareable.

But I think overall in the end the good outweighed the bad. There are some scenes in the game I just loved. If they make a sequel,I'd hope for them to have a lot more interesting characters then the ones found in twewy.

2 really good english P4 clips. I'm really loving the va so far.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

At first her emotions sound kind of forced,but halfway through it comes off as pretty natural and it gets pretty touching. :scared:

I like the va they chose for Chie. I think I'm going to like her the best.

?

I like The World Ends With You. There are things about it I love and at the same thing there are thing abot it I can't stand. I love the visual style of the game,I think the soundtrack is amazing,the boss fights is where the battle system becomes fun and engaging since they require a lot more strategy then normal encounters,it's great how customizable the battle system is and I think the story was surprisingly pretty decent for a game. But that's only because it rips off one of my favorite animes.

But I think the characters are really bad and unlikable. They're all walking cliches. One of them dies like 2 hours into the game without even knowing anything about her. And the writing is terrible. They talk so much and everything they say is straight garbage and uninteresting to read.

There's only 3 that stand out in my mind,Joshua,Konishi,and Sho. All "Reapers" ; )

I actually liked the Reapers more then the main characters and was hoping they'd win in the end.

TWEWY to me is a game that has it's really big ups and downs. There are moments that are amazing,other times where the game is just completely unbareable.

But I think overall in the end the good outweighed the bad. There are some scenes in the game I just loved. If they make a sequel,I'd hope for them to have a lot more interesting characters then the ones found in twewy.

I meant specifically the story, I mean, its an emo angst filled jrpg(though I heard it gets really good later on, not sure if there is any truth to that). It may be putrid, but compared to KH...

- Neku

I actually just finished that a few weeks ago, and the 5 girls parents never appear in the show at all, apart from CHIYO-chans dad.:mad:

I dont remember that piece of dialogue at all strangely enough.:happysad: but isn't it suppose to be a joke? hence the 'tin slammer is my purpose line'.

In response to your post below, i dont see the hate on TWEYY characters, i liked them all even neku.

Haft to argee that the reapers like joshua and konishi were the only two non-villian characters that were really great.

I actually just finished that a few weeks ago, and the 5 girls parents never appear in the show at all, apart from CHIYO-chans dad.:happysad:

I dont remember that piece of dialogue at all strangely enough.B) but isn't it suppose to be a joke? hence the 'tin slammer is my purpose line'.

In response to your post below, i dont see the hate on TWEYY characters, i liked them all even neku.

Haft to argee that the reapers like joshua and konishi were the only two non-villian characters that were really great.

Yeah,Chiyo chan is who I had in mind when I said Azumanga. :mad:

Then there's Serial Expriements Lain as well. It's not uncommon. :scared:

btw have you ever seen the Gokusen?

Neku says that at the start of "Another Day". Once you finish the game,you unlock Another Day.

I actually just finished that a few weeks ago, and the 5 girls parents never appear in the show at all, apart from CHIYO-chans dad.:happysad:

I dont remember that piece of dialogue at all strangely enough.B) but isn't it suppose to be a joke? hence the 'tin slammer is my purpose line'.

Yeah,Chiyo chan is who I had in mind when I said Azumanga. :mad:

Then there's Serial Expriements Lain as well. It's not uncommon. :scared:

btw have you ever seen the Gokusen?

Neku says that at the start of "Another Day". Once you finish the game,you unlock Another Day.

No the name turns me off already. *reffering to a poster here*.

Never did that, i stopped playing the game as soon as i finished it, heard theres some extra story content in a second playthrough though.

The show is hilarious. You should watch it. :scared:

The characters in TWEWY just seem like carbon copies of characters from other Nomura games. Neku,Shiki and Beat = Sora,Kairi and Seifer. You didn't find the dialogue horrible at times?

Anyways you should play Crisis Core someday,and see which you like better.

I'm referring to Kingdom Hearts II Seifer btw.

kh2-seifer-a.jpg

man I can't believe you just watched Azumanga Daioh. That show was huge several years ago. It was like the haruhi suzumiya before haruhi suzumiya. You just couldn't avoid seeing or reading about it at any forum you went to.

I'm not with you on the VA's dil, their voices are much too manly. Anime girls' voices ought to be high pitched and cute. Otherwise, it hurts my brain.

Did you not watch the Yukiko video or something?

Japanese

English

I think they got the perfect voice actress to play the role. There's nothing remotely "manly" about her va.