The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah YEAH

Played some Crazy Taxi today on PC.  There was recently a mod that restores the original locations like "KFC and FILAS" and essentially makes the game Dreamcast perfect.  I also thew on the UltraWide mod.

Godly attract mode.. man I fucking loved SEGA arcade games and attract modes in general :wow2: 

I miss arcade games like this :mjcry:

• Like 1

Im 6 hours into Ghostwire and its definitely a lot of fun even if the combat doesn't feel that great. The Shibuya setting is incredibly detailed and well realized, and collecting the spirts actually reminds me a lot of going for the green orbs from Crackdown. Especially since they're put in spots that require a good deal of rooftop platforming.

• Upvote 1

Man, the Switch pro needs to come out. Kirby, while nice looking (even amazing) in parts, looks awful when it’s pushed to the max (those flying parts :scust:) .  Aside from the visual shortcomings, it’s a fun game with a solid amount of variety. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Man, the Switch pro needs to come out. Kirby, while nice looking (even amazing) in parts, looks awful when it’s pushed to the max (those flying parts :scust:) .  Aside from the visual shortcomings, it’s a fun game with a solid amount of variety. 

You honestly can't even be sure a new Switch console will actually improve or even play original Switch titles...  This is Nintendo we're dealing with here..

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

You honestly can't even be sure a new Switch console will actually improve or even play original Switch titles...  This is Nintendo we're dealing with here..

True. This would probably look a lot better undocked with the oled screen. As for lack of backwards compatibility, I would probably skip the next Nintendo system if it doesn’t play switch games. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

True. This would probably look a lot better undocked with the oled screen. As for lack of backwards compatibility, I would probably skip the next Nintendo system if it doesn’t play switch games. 

I think it's a beautiful looking game, and the animations are great.  It IS a shame that it only targets 30fps though for sure.  It would look really slick at 60.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think it's a beautiful looking game, and the animations are great.  It IS a shame that it only targets 30fps though for sure.  It would look really slick at 60.

Are you playing it on the PC? 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Are you playing it on the PC? 

Nah, I'm not playing it yet.  You can emulate it easily enough and it's already playable at 4K 60 with a 60fps mod.. but it's got performance problems which need to be fixed.  It looks amazing though, IMO.

People have already uploaded shader caches, so those stutters you see in this video aren't there if you download them.  

I'll give them some time to smooth everything out before playing it.  It looks much better at 60fps.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah, I'm not playing it yet.  You can emulate it easily enough and it's already playable at 4K 60 with a 60fps mod.. but it's got performance problems which need to be fixed.  It looks amazing though, IMO.

People have already uploaded shader caches, so those stutters you see in this video aren't there if you download them.  

I'll give them some time to smooth everything out before playing it.  It looks much better at 60fps.

The 30 fps doesn’t bother me. Most of the game looks great. The water is awesome!  But, because it’s more technically ambitious than say…Luigi’s Mansion 3, the more open areas definitely look jagged and rough. But I bet this will look amazing when it’s fully cleaned up on PC. The art design is stellar. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Big man Tyrone? 

You get air jordans and blessing of saint floyd as power ups :datass:

Im actually surprised Steam allows this to be honest, I can see all of these games coming back to bite them in the ass down the road :biggrin:

On 2022-03-27 at 1:04 AM, TLHBO said:

You get air jordans and blessing of saint floyd as power ups :datass:

Im actually surprised Steam allows this to be honest, I can see all of these games coming back to bite them in the ass down the road :biggrin:

I just saw some footage. Ridiculous how Valve allows it but axes Super Seducer.

Finished Ghostwire Tokyo. Did all of the side quests and cleansed all of the torii gates (they reveal parts of the map and other optional content) and it only took me 18 hours so its pretty short for a open world game. Probably for the best as the combat is the weakest part of it and was already wearing out its welcome. It never really changes or evolves throughout the game, and even though there's a skill tree all of the unlocks are very subtle and have little effect on the combat loop, which is basically spamming the same 3 attacks on enemies that are sometimes way too bullet sponge-y for their own good.

The setting is the highlight all the way through, the detail is impressive especially when you go up to the rooftops and you see huge parts of Shibuya while knowing that you can traverse all of it. I hope Yakuza takes some cues from this game in the sense that they should try to expand their open world a bit and make it larger instead of just recycling the same few areas again.

Story is alright if a bit confusing (its very supernatural/spiritual in its themes) but the visual imagery and way they warp the settings elevates it. Anyone who has played Evil Within knows what im talking about, they use some of the same techniques here.

Good game overall. I give it a 7.5

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I think I got so burnt out with Elden Ring that I just haven’t been wanting to game. Poor Kirby lol. I think I’ve put only 2 hours into it. 

LOL, having the same problem. Haven't touched Tales of Arise in like 2 days. Don't really feel like tackling another big/serious game right now.

Think I'm just going to play a few cleanser games. You know, games that are simple and short. I have a few that I haven't touched, they're just some indie games I bought on impulse when they were on sale for like 5 bucks or less.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Sabo said:

LOL, having the same problem. Haven't touched Tales of Arise in like 2 days. Don't really feel like tackling another big/serious game right now.

Think I'm just going to play a few cleanser games. You know, games that are simple and short. I have a few that I haven't touched, they're just some indie games I bought on impulse when they were on sale for like 5 bucks or less.

Yes! Even simple games feel like too much. I just play several levels, daily, of Kami 2. It’s a chill (but challenging) puzzle game. It great for relaxing. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yes! Even simple games feel like too much. I just play several levels, daily, of Kami 2. It’s a chill (but challenging) puzzle game. It great for relaxing. 

Oh. I was thinking of playing something much simpler. Something in the vein of stuff like Journey. Game's that are chill and not really demanding.

Play a couple of those types of games back to back to build up the need for me to want to play something more serious and demanding.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Elden Ring killed gaming :reg: 

LOL Nah. It's just a big fuckin' game that left me feeling drained after I was done with it.

I still have plenty of games I want to play (Tales of Arise, Stranger of Paradise, I picked up Nier Replicant this past sale). Those are the next 3 games I want to play through, I just have to put them on hold for the time being. I also still have a ton of games in my backlog still (Ninja Gaiden Collection, Trials of Mana, and Diablo 2 immediately come to mind).