The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Started RE7 in VR :dame:

I haven't built proper VR tolerance yet and the graphics are quite downgraded but this is pretty amazing already. 

Walking through a sewer, water feels like it's almost against your lips and the reflections/riplles look real enough, then a dead body emerges right in front of your face :dame:

And this is just the very beginning :finkle:

i got my vr in the mail. i'll hook it up on e of these days. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

I haven't built proper VR tolerance yet and the graphics are quite downgraded but this is pretty amazing already. 

Walking through a sewer, water feels like it's almost against your lips and the reflections/riplles look real enough, then a dead body emerges right in front of your face :dame:

First time playing? I wish I did the same. Kinda spoiled myself playing it in flatscreen.

The best thing about RE7 VR is when you hide behind something, pull out your head to see something and you get spotted by Margerite/Jack. It's scary as fuck.

Yeah first time, I only played the demo before on flatscreen. 

Peeking works well but is kinda uncomfortable when sitting down on my sofa, or trying to look back. It's too much work :TJ:

I'll try it standing up next time, read some reviews where they recommend this. 

Also got that RE7 4D candle that I will light up, and a small fan blowing wind in my room. Total immersion :smoke:

1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Yeah first time, I only played the demo before on flatscreen. 

Peeking works well but is kinda uncomfortable when sitting down on my sofa, or trying to look back. It's too much work :TJ:

I'll try it standing up next time, read some reviews where they recommend this. 

Also got that RE7 4D candle that I will light up, and a small fan blowing wind in my room. Total immersion :smoke:

giphy.gif   

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

VR might be the future after all :dame:

:lawd:

Every time I play a VR game then go back to normal gaming I'm like ''why is everything so small?''. The giant scale of everything in VR is what I love the most.

You need to try a game with good motion controls next. It's fucking dope when done right.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

:lawd:

Every time I play a VR game then go back to normal gaming I'm like ''why is everything so small?''. The giant scale of everything in VR is what I love the most.

You need to try a game with good motion controls next. It's fucking dope when done right.

It's almost depressing when I take the headset off sometimes, it's like "oh back to real life now:mjcry:

Lmao

I want that Creed boxing game next:bate:

Just now, bhytre said:

It's almost depressing when I take the headset off sometimes, it's like "oh back to real life now:mjcry:

Lmao

I want that Creed boxing game next:bate:

Those slow mo punches in Creed will be awesome.

And Survios is probably the best emergent VR studio right now. Raw Data and Sprint Vector were excellent games with great production values. They know what they're doing.

7 hours ago, bhytre said:

Also just started RE7 for the first time last night. Didn't have the balls to do it in VR yet though but holy shit I am already blown away by the first hour of this game. 

Edited by madmaltese
Just now, madmaltese said:

Also just started RE7 for the first time last night. Didn't have the balls to do it in VR yet though but holy shit I am already blown away by the first hour of this game. 

I just saw some minor scares that would totally go unnoticed without VR, like crows flying past by you as you approach them but that's already enough to make you tuck your head in VR :D

5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I just saw some minor scares that would totally go unnoticed without VR, like crows flying past by you as you approach them but that's already enough to make you tuck your head in VR :D

Haha, yeah I could imagine. I'll definitely give it a go in VR, the atmosphere and tension are incredible. 

6 hours ago, Ike said:

So I guess I’ll start RE7 in VR as well. E3 put me in RE hype mode. 

You should give Rush of Blood a shot. It's a pretty short game.

I'm rapidly overcoming VR nausea, played RE7 while standing and everything felt much better, from seeing yourself walking in the game world to turning your head and body to look around you. Feels very natural and the head tracking works well. 

Some things don't work that well because you feel like you want to interact in the game with your hands and it's not as immersive with the regular controller. 

The atmosphere, sense of dread and fear is terrifying, when you see a dark room ahead of you you really don't feel like going in there, jump scares are scary af as well :D

I was actually leaning backwards when an enemy was lunging at me with a knife. 

Also had a fan running in my room and the RE7 candle which gives off a ashy & musty scent, it really elevates the experience a lot and matches the old house's environment. 

I still can't play it for too long in one session and the graphics really aren't there yet, but it's so different from what I'm used to play. 

Great stuff, VR is here to stay :dame:

I swear motion sickness is a thing for VR virgins only. After a couple of experiences and games under your belt it's a complete non issue.

I found Skyrim really rough at first. Now I play in 2-3 hours sessions like it's nothing.

I think I'll need 2 or 3 more days to get completely used to it, it's just the turning left or right that doesn't feel so good in free movement.

The rest isn't bothering me at all

But it's already better and I no longer need to use 30 degree rotations, neuroplasticity ftw :glad:

Edited by bhytre
2 hours ago, bhytre said:

I'm rapidly overcoming VR nausea, played RE7 while standing and everything felt much better, from seeing yourself walking in the game world to turning your head and body to look around you. Feels very natural and the head tracking works well. 

Some things don't work that well because you feel like you want to interact in the game with your hands and it's not as immersive with the regular controller. 

The atmosphere, sense of dread and fear is terrifying, when you see a dark room ahead of you you really don't feel like going in there, jump scares are scary af as well :D

I was actually leaning backwards when an enemy was lunging at me with a knife. 

Also had a fan running in my room and the RE7 candle which gives off a ashy & musty scent, it really elevates the experience a lot and matches the old house's environment. 

I still can't play it for too long in one session and the graphics really aren't there yet, but it's so different from what I'm used to play. 

Great stuff, VR is here to stay :dame:

Late to the Partre :reg: 

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Late to the Partre :reg: 

There's still roughly 198 million gamers late to the party. :reg: 

We're pioneers. Supporting VR games since year two. :smoke:  

Edited by Ramza