The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

elder scrolls online is actually pretty good. it doesn't have the usual mmo fetch quests but actual interesting content. im playin a lvl 9 nightblade

Beat Hollow Knight finally. Clocked in at 25 hours and finished with 74%. I'll probably go back at some point (I think there's one more DLC coming, so probably then) and do some more cleaning up. 

Game was excellent throughout. I can't think of a much better way to blend Metroidvania and Souls tbh. Solid difficulty level, incredibly designed world, top tier art and soundtrack, etc. Charm system is fantastic too, it was really fun experimenting to find what combo worked best for bosses, even though I missed like half the charms.

My one gripe is that there was a few too many hours spent just...wandering around. Obviously it's a Metroidvania so there's going to be points in time where you don't exactly know where to go, but my issue with it was the sheer size of the map. It's huge, which is a positive most of the time, but when you're trying to figure out where to go next there's a lot of ground to cover. I'd have liked to see some more stag stations or tram stations here and there cause there's some particular areas that are a pain in the ass to get to and from and when you have to check them for where to go next (only to find out that that's not where to go next) it's a good waste of 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes add up fast.

Either way, minor gripe all things considered. Definitely a top 3 Metroidvania for me. Easily the best this gen (would have been Axiom Verge before). 

• Like 1

For every new improvement Yakuza 6 has made to it's formula, it's also taking one step back in another regard. The ragdoll physic based combat is fucking awful. 

I love a lot of the new stuff though, the ability to move around in first person, the expanded locations, no loading times when entering buildings, the leveling up system, the phone apps, the new graphics engine, etc, etc.

But the unstable 30FPS sucks big time after 0, the intro was overly long and tedious for no good reason, and the combat sucks as previously mentioned.

The side quests are fun though so far at least. And this has to have one of the best minigames collection to date in the series. A full arcade version of VF5 Final Showdown alone is amazing.

Owlboy is fucking awesome so far! Those 2D animations are fantastic. This looks way better than any other pixel art game I've played in... well, forever. Design and gameplay also seems really great so far, and that music is excellent.

I'm still early but it's off to a great start.

Finally got around to starting Yakuza 0. Game is legit, it definitely feels different than anything I've played before. The map seems so small but damn is it packed with shit to do...I keep getting sidetracked by minigame stuff though, spent like an hour at the batting cage last night. Just on Chapter 2 of the story trying to get some info about these real estate dudes. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

Finally got around to starting Yakuza 0. Game is legit, it definitely feels different than anything I've played before. The map seems so small but damn is it packed with shit to do...I keep getting sidetracked by minigame stuff though, spent like an hour at the batting cage last night. Just on Chapter 2 of the story trying to get some info about these real estate dudes. 

Finally. :) The story is really good once it picks up, you'll see. Majima also have his own hub city to explore, which is also dense and filled with content.

And make sure to do the sidequests, some of them are hilarious. The dominatrix one made me laugh so hard I was in tears. It's priceless.

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Finally. :) The story is really good once it picks up, you'll see. Majima also have his own hub city to explore, which is also dense and filled with content.

And make sure to do the sidequests, some of them are hilarious. The dominatrix one made me laugh so hard I was in tears. It's priceless.

that shit was awesome :D 

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yakuza 6 so far doesn't have as much funny side content I find. A few good ones but not on the same level. :( 

it felt like a much smaller game in general. it is understandable though, im sure a big chunk of the budget went into the engine upgrades.

Edited by Twinblade
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

it felt like a much smaller game in general. it is understandable though, im sure a big chunk of the budget went into the engine upgrades.

I just went through the Ono mascot sidequest, that was great. :D