The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

6 hours ago, bhytre said:

Damn Polish trash ( :will: ) is huge, wtf were these autists thinking? :tom: 

I can't stand 100+ hours games anymore. Who the fuck has time for those? Especially when 1/4 of that is spent on repetitive filler quests. That's 25 hours of boring content... Some games don't even last that long.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yakuza 6 is one of the worst game I've played in the series. The combat is just garbage and the story is not compelling at all. I'm thinking of dropping it at this point.

Gonna skip Kiwami 2 as it don't look much better either. Still hyped for Fist of the North Star, at least it's combat looks satisfying.

One hit wonder franchise :tom:

Is Kiwami 2 Yakushit 2's remake? I liked it more than the others I played

Just now, bhytre said:

One hit wonder franchise :tom:

Is Kiwami 2 Yakushit 2's remake? I liked it more than the others I played

Well, to their defense there's a lot of well done new features to like in 6, it was definitely an improvement, at least on paper. I was thinking of keeping it just for VF5 Final Shodown and Puyo-Puyo arcades. lol But they messed up the core gameplay so that's just unacceptable.

Yeah Kiwami 2 is the remake of the second game with tons of new story moment (Majima is playable). But it seems to carry a lot of the issues I have with 6.

Man, all it took to bring it all down was a new graphics engine and physics... Embarrassing. 

Playing a lot of different games cause once September comes along anything that has come out prior basically doesn't exist.

Some playing them to get a feel for the game but probably won't get through and others I want to finish before Spiderman.

Main game: The Evil Within 2. So damn good, will definitely finish

Secondary chill games: Dead Cells and Hollow Knight. Both are excellent. Probably won't play too much more Dead Cells because the grind is real and I don't have time to try things over and over and over. Also im playing it on PC so not that convenient. Hollow Knight on the other hand will probably be my secondary game for a while. Got it on Switch so it's great while listening to a podcast or while watching some background show or in bed. 

Also checking out We Happy Few and Mafia 3 with no real intention to finish either. We Happy Few has an awesome setting but I don't know why they went for survival elements into that game. Would've been so much better as a focused story based game . Mafia 3 as bland a open world game as possibly but with an interesting story. 

• Like 1

picked up a few games:

splatoon 2: was fun but got old fast

iconoclasts: a fun metroidvania with 2 characters and dosent tell you how to do things or where to go

far cry 5: garbage ass buggy game that needed more time to cook

wolfenstein the new colossus: a liberal edgelord's wet dream. shit sucks

MHW: Just started it but its fun so far

19 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yakuza 6 is one of the worst game I've played in the series. The combat is just garbage and the story is not compelling at all. I'm thinking of dropping it at this point.

Gonna skip Kiwami 2 as it don't look much better either. Still hyped for Fist of the North Star, at least it's combat looks satisfying.

The hell, the story is awesome. 

The combat’s not amazing, I’ll agree with you there. I feel like they stripped out too much stuff. Most of the customization, weapons, and environmental objects are gone.

Edited by Twinblade
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The hell, the story is awesome. 

The combat’s not amazing, I’ll agree with you there. I feel like they stripped out too much stuff. Most of the customization, weapons, and environmental objects are gone.

It has been absolutely boring story wise so far. Nothing really happens. I was about to get the reveal of the barmaid in Hiroshima who apparently did know Haruka but I stopped playing there.

Should I continue playing or what?

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

It has been absolutely boring story wise so far. Nothing really happens. I was about to get the reveal of the barmaid in Hiroshima who apparently did know Haruka but I stopped playing there.

Should I continue playing or what?

Im not sure what to tell you, by that part I was already into the story. But it does become larger in scale as more characters are revealed and the relationships between the main yakuza gangs are expanded on.

Edited by Twinblade
22 hours ago, Ramza said:

I can't stand 100+ hours games anymore. Who the fuck has time for those? Especially when 1/4 of that is spent on repetitive filler quests. That's 25 hours of boring content... Some games don't even last that long.

as opposed to playing filler trash all year.  I'd rather play 1 good game every 6 months than a bunches. then again, gaming is a passion and not a crack habit for me, crackhead. :qbad:

Just now, kokujin said:

as opposed to playing filler trash all year.  I'd rather play 1 good game every 6 months than a bunches. then again, gaming is a passion and not a crack habit for me, crackhead. :qbad:

Yeah because there are only two great games coming out each year. Everything else is filler trash! 

Playing the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo, it's like none of the sequels to the original ever existed, I felt right at home with the controls and everything. I usually hate rehashes but this is an exception, I fucking love this.

Characters seems a bit too like anime-ish archetypes but I can probably get over that. The gameplay is damn good. Definite buy.

12 hours ago, Ramza said:

Playing the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo, it's like none of the sequels to the original ever existed, I felt right at home with the controls and everything. I usually hate rehashes but this is an exception, I fucking love this.

Characters seems a bit too like anime-ish archetypes but I can probably get over that. The gameplay is damn good. Definite buy.

I put a good 15 hours into one of these. Plenty of diverse gameplay. Love recruiting. Played the jap import for ps3. Easy to follow actually.  Have some fun.  Shocker if you complete it.