The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

15 minutes ago, -GD- said:

LL is a tighter game, and I thought the two female leads did an excellent job, they also experimented with a more open world mission structure. I’m guessing they’re using the feedback for TLOU 2. 

Much better than UC4.

And yea, Laura Bailey is godly. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

Still working on Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  This game is seriously gorgeous at times.  I think it very well has the nicest jungle environment I've ever seen in a game.  The environments are lush.  The only thing I have negative to say about the gfx is that at times the textures can appear low res on certain objects.  Obviously some areas have more work put into them than others.. but visually.. this game is stunning.  Looks amazing in HDR maxed out. :bow: 

42910926320_62643b3a5e_o.jpg

42910927270_44c309dc0d_o.jpg

The Tombs and Crypts are definitely the highlight as Twinblade said.  Coming out of a narrow corridor or around a cliffside.. or in an underground cavern and seeing this huge environmental puzzle appear before you never loses it's appeal.  Some of the cutscenes too are just fucking jaw dropping as well.  The story is shall we say... typical.. so far.. but the actors do a much better job this time conveying some emotion.  I was kinda surprised in a few scenes... wasn't quite expecting that.

The puzzles, while so far nothing terribly hard, are much better than the previous games.  A certain one with mirrors had me stuck for a bit though.  I'm finding I vastly prefer the amount of puzzles vs combat in this game compared to Rise of the TR.  There hasn't been much combat really.  It's a more reasonable amount.. given the circumstances of the game.  There hasn't been any endless waves of enemies.. and using the mud/walls and bushes and clearing out an entire area stealthily is great.  

Still only about 10h in though, and have been playing at a fairly slow pace.. searching all over for the collection shit and doing all the Tombs/Crypts and side missions that I can.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Still working on Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  This game is seriously gorgeous at times.  I think it very well has the nicest jungle environment I've ever seen in a game.  The environments are lush.  The only thing I have negative to say about the gfx is that at times the textures can appear low res on certain objects.  Obviously some areas have more work put into them than others.. but visually.. this game is stunning.  Looks amazing in HDR maxed out. :bow: 

42910926320_62643b3a5e_o.jpg

42910927270_44c309dc0d_o.jpg

The Tombs and Crypts are definitely the highlight as Twinblade said.  Coming out of a narrow corridor or around a cliffside.. or in an underground cavern and seeing this huge environmental puzzle appear before you never loses it's appeal.  Some of the cutscenes too are just fucking jaw dropping as well.  The story is shall we say... typical.. so far.. but the actors do a much better job this time conveying some emotion.  I was kinda surprised in a few scenes... wasn't quite expecting that.

The puzzles, while so far nothing terribly hard, are much better than the previous games.  A certain one with mirrors had me stuck for a bit though.  I'm finding I vastly prefer the amount of puzzles vs combat in this game compared to Rise of the TR.  There hasn't been much combat really.  It's a more reasonable amount.. given the circumstances of the game.  There hasn't been any endless waves of enemies.. and using the mud/walls and bushes and clearing out an entire area stealthily is great.  

Still only about 10h in though, and have been playing at a fairly slow pace.. searching all over for the collection shit and doing all the Tombs/Crypts and side missions that I can.

I love the fact that combat takes a back seat to the puzzles (which seems to be a con for many). I’m going to try and wrap up Spider-Man today so I can play this. I need to have both games completed before Forza horizon 4. 

• Like 1
Just now, -GD- said:

I love the fact that combat takes a back seat to the puzzles (which seems to be a con for many). I’m going to try and wrap up Spider-Man today so I can play this. I need to have both games completed before Forza horizon 4. 

This.

When FH4 comes.. all this other stuff takes a backseat (that pun :whew: )

Finished Yakuza 0. Mostly at least. Just have the real-estate and club cabaret sections to pass, but I will take it slowly, as I want to have something to tie me till Kimiwami on PC. Anyway, loved it. Absolutely loved it. Such great world constructions, ridiculously good plot and characters and very fun fighting system. And that ending with Majima and Makoto...fucking heartbreaking.

Anyway, I wanted something without plot as palete cleanser, so I'm playing Sniper Elite 4. After that I will tackle another story-heavy game in form of Unavowed. 

20180902200848_1.jpg

Edited by AdrianWerner
  • Upvote 1

theres a set piece towards the end of the SOTTR (is that the official acronym?) that was kind of incredible from a visuals standpoint. For what its worth its easy to play this game for really long periods at a time, i think im 19 hours in and might be able to finish it tonight.

Edited by Twinblade
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

theres a set piece towards the end of the SOTTR (is that the official acronym?) that was kind of incredible from a visuals standpoint. For what its worth its easy to play this game for really long periods at a time, i think im 19 hours in and might be able to finish it tonight.

I know.. I played for like 5 hours straight this morning.  Gonna jump on in a bit again.

It's the same thing for DQ11 I find...  I stopped for SotTR because it's shorter and I can hammer through it and then switch back to DQ11 until Forza gets here.

Finished and platinumed Spider-Man.

Damnnn, I did not expect that. The final Act elevates the game from great to incredible. Imo easily better than any Spiderman story and depiction in any of the movies. Sort of a shame this came out in the same year as GoW which just took videogame storytelling to a whole new level cause that is going to overshadow this somewhat but there is moments at the end of Spiderman which are excellent. 

Just finished SOTTR. I have to say it was kind of awesome but definitely in a ‘junk food’ entertainment kind of way. Maybe it would have made more sense if I read some of the Lore collectibles, but the story was basically pure nonsense. There are some alright character moments though. And as already pointed out by remij, the graphics are pretty great, though the game does lack variety when it comes to the environments. 90% of it takes place in jungles and caverns.

Overall i think the game is better than rise, but the original 2013 one is still my favorite of the reboot games.

Edited by Twinblade

I dont know who paced the evil within 2 but a good hour of cutscenes at the end. I just wanted it to end. 

38 hours and 45 minutes on a survival/normal playthrough. B+ experience. Too many upgrades and a few useless and expensive ones. A bit overwhelming. I think the game shines best on new playthroughs.  I enjoyed it!! I can call myself a gamer this year. 

• Upvote 1

By the way, over the weekend, i played on 3 tracks during the Trials Rising beta, I couldn't finish the fourth because some glitch prevented my from fulfilling all the objectives to let me proceed.

With that said, its definitely more Trials, and the stages are quite big and entertaining. So, that will be an easy game to pick up in the future.

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

the voice acting in spiderman is incredible. the actor who plays dr. octavius is fucking great! i just found out he also voiced mordin in mass effect. 

Yeah it truly is excellent. Not sure if you've finished yet but the voice acting reaches whole new levels of incredible in the final act. 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah it truly is excellent. Not sure if you've finished yet but the voice acting reaches whole new levels of incredible in the final act. 

I think I’m like 2/3rds in. I can only imagine. 

• Upvote 1

Im guessing spider man is designed around your typical cheery and comedic superhero themes? Like the recent movies? Im so over that type of material. The reason I could stand Batman (especially the games) was because of the darker tone and themes.

Edited by Twinblade