The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im guessing spider man is designed around your typical cheery and comedic superhero themes? Like the recent movies? Im so over that type of material. The reason I could stand Batman (especially the games) was because of the darker tone and themes.

I don't really want to ruin much but you will be pleasantly surprised. It is in no way associated with the Disney MCU comedy esque movies in it's tone. It is vastly better in every way and can get surprisingly dark, especially considering it is Spiderman. I would say the story and character development in this is not only better than all the MCU movies but better than the Arkham games too. It is still obviously Spiderman so there is all the witty dialogue and funny moments but the plot and core of it is very serious. 

Edited by madmaltese
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I don't really want to ruin much but you will be pleasantly surprised. It is in no way associated with the Disney MCU comedy esque movies in it's tone. It is vastly better in every way and can get surprisingly dark, especially considering it is Spiderman. I would say the story and character development in this is not only better than all the MCU movies but better than the Arkham games too. It is still obviously Spiderman so there is all the witty dialogue and funny moments but the plot and core of it is very serious. 

This. I went into it expecting a typical meh MCU story. I was surprised too by how dark some of the scenes have been. 

hmm.. what to play now between now and KH3.  :fella:  tho I'll prolly be too busy w work. 

I FUCKING WISH I HAD A PS4 TO PLAY DRAGON QUEST E-REVENUE   would be such an awesome time sink. Perhaps I'll page through Harry Potter Book 2 JPN some more, but that's boring.

Maybe I'll see if my brother will let me borrow his PS4... hmmmm...   

40 minutes ago, kokujin said:

hmm.. what to play now between now and KH3.  :fella:  tho I'll prolly be too busy w work. 

I FUCKING WISH I HAD A PS4 TO PLAY DRAGON QUEST E-REVENUE   would be such an awesome time sink. Perhaps I'll page through Harry Potter Book 2 JPN some more, but that's boring.

Maybe I'll see if my brother will let me borrow his PS4... hmmmm...   

play shadowrun on pc :glad: 

• Like 1

Playing the Forza Horizon 4 demo... again.  I can't wait for this fucking thing!

Here's a couple pics.  The environmental detail in this came is fucking amazing.  If you look in the windows and shit the houses and buildings actually have modeled interiors too.. using what appears to be the same tricks that Spider-man on PS4 uses.  It's extremely convincing.

44810657011_60e2b62085_h.jpg

44810534191_534de20928_h.jpg

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

This. I went into it expecting a typical meh MCU story. I was surprised too by how dark some of the scenes have been. 

hmm ill probably get it after a price drop or 2. I remember having a blast with the PS2 spidermans as a kid. Web swinging around the city was awesome, and it looks like they still nailed that aspect in this one.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

hmm ill probably get it after a price drop or 2. I remember having a blast with the PS2 spidermans as a kid. Web swinging around the city was awesome, and it looks like they still nailed that aspect in this one.

let's put it this way - using fast travel would be a crime. the traversal is such a blast! it never gets old. 

63% done now with Spider-Man. Don't know how far along in the story I'm in. My next mission is MJ at the Sable compound in Central Park. I love this game and everything about it. Going to Plat it for sure. I will go back and finish up Detroit and then start on DQXI.

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

63% done now with Spider-Man. Don't know how far along in the story I'm in. My next mission is MJ at the Sable compound in Central Park. I love this game and everything about it. Going to Plat it for sure. I will go back and finish up Detroit and then start on DQXI.

The campaign is awesome. It never gets dull. 

46 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

35 hours into DQXI, shit is really starting to hit the fan in the story.

In a good way I assume? lol

I was just playing as well, now that I'm done with Tomb Raider for the moment.  Feels good to get back to this.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats an awesome town, the story moments are cool too. In fact all of the towns and their plot moments have been awesome so far :smoke:

Yea.. this game :wow2: 

I stopped to play Tomb Raider... and while I definitely liked TR.. by the last part of the game had I stopped running around looking for shit and trying to "complete" the areas.  I did too much of it in the beginning and kinda burnt myself out I think.. so I pushed through the last parts quickly... especially knowing that DQ11 was waiting for me. Honestly, I thought the very last part leading up to the "boss" wasn't that great.  And the boss was the easiest shit ever.  I'll probably jump back in and finish up the game sometime after the RTX patches hit.  I finished with 76.75% completion. 

Over all, I'd rank them in the order they released in.  TR > Rise > Shadow.  Good games, sometimes graphically stunning... but each has their own issues.