The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.. this game :wow2: 

I stopped to play Tomb Raider... and while I definitely liked TR.. by the last part of the game had I stopped running around looking for shit and trying to "complete" the areas.  I did too much of it in the beginning and kinda burnt myself out I think.. so I pushed through the last parts quickly... especially knowing that DQ11 was waiting for me. Honestly, I thought the very last part leading up to the "boss" wasn't that great.  And the boss was the easiest shit ever.  I'll probably jump back in and finish up the game sometime after the RTX patches hit.  I finished with 76.75% completion. 

Over all, I'd rank them in the order they released in.  TR > Rise > Shadow.  Good games, sometimes graphically stunning... but each has their own issues.

yeah i skipped most of the BS outside of the tombs and also did most of the side quests. The last stretch of the game did a feel a bit anti-climatic and the final boss was just really dumb.

But i still think it edges out Rise for me. My order would be TR > Shadow > Rise.

Next week is gonna be rough...gonna have to find a way to balance both DQXI and VC4 :scared:

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Just finished Yakushit 0 :TJ:

Took imo a very long time to start getting fun and interesting but I enjoyed it in the end. Prefered Majima's half by far.

A lot of stuff is archaic PS2 era trash and the boss fights were as cheap as I remember them in previous entries.

Saved myself a headache and shot them with the zapgun when I got tired of their bs, that shotty is way overpowered :tom: 

Story and presentation were nicely done, lot of stuff to do as well. 

I started playing this just after finishing Polish trash 3 so the sub-stories felt really archaic.

I'd rate the gameplay between a 5 and 7 and the rest a 8 to 9 

Super Hang-on and the cabaret management were the best mini-games :FlyingSmiley:

8 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Just finished Yakushit 0 :TJ:

Took imo a very long time to start getting fun and interesting but I enjoyed it in the end. Prefered Majima's half by far.

A lot of stuff is archaic PS2 era trash and the boss fights were as cheap as I remember them in previous entries.

Saved myself a headache and shot them with the zapgun when I got tired of their bs, that shotty is way overpowered :tom: 

Story and presentation were nicely done, lot of stuff to do as well. 

I started playing this just after finishing Polish trash 3 so the sub-stories felt really archaic.

I'd rate the gameplay between a 5 and 7 and the rest a 8 to 9 

Super Hang-on and the cabaret management were the best mini-games :FlyingSmiley:

Nice now go jump into yakuza 6 :smoke:

I got Kiwami 1 and 2 that I need to tackle first, but after a long break :laff: 

I'd also add that the music was great in 0, and they nailed the feeling of beating the living shit out of someone, alpha as fuck B) 

Edited by bhytre

Got back into Witcher 3, because I spent the past week and half spending my evenings reading.

Anyways, by going to those bulletin boards, a shitload of undiscovered locations pop up on the map, and its just ridiculous in Skellige. And its compounded by the fact that sailing is just not a fun mechanic, at all, and most of these locations are in the water surrounded by enemies. So now I got this map that has like 50 question marks all over it as I'm trying to knock out the side quests and visit all the islands on the map. And the other problem is that I discover all of these swords and armor treasure, but I have to stop and go back to mainland to sell it because I get overencumbered. Easy to make assloads of money. Of course, I don't really seem to need money, at this point.

8 hours ago, bhytre said:

I got Kiwami 1 and 2 that I need to tackle first, but after a long break :laff: 

I'd also add that the music was great in 0, and they nailed the feeling of beating the living shit out of someone, alpha as fuck B) 

You could have stopped there. Kiwami 1 is a complete rehash, most assets from that game come straight from 0.

Kiwami 2 is worth a playthrough I guess but I personally got very bored near the end. I ignored most of the side content and rushed to the ending. To the game's credits I did like %80 of the side content though.

But I'm seriously sick of Yakuza now, I need a long ass break. Fist of the North Star will be a nice change of pace.

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Got back into Witcher 3, because I spent the past week and half spending my evenings reading.

Anyways, by going to those bulletin boards, a shitload of undiscovered locations pop up on the map, and its just ridiculous in Skellige. And its compounded by the fact that sailing is just not a fun mechanic, at all, and most of these locations are in the water surrounded by enemies. So now I got this map that has like 50 question marks all over it as I'm trying to knock out the side quests and visit all the islands on the map. And the other problem is that I discover all of these swords and armor treasure, but I have to stop and go back to mainland to sell it because I get overencumbered. Easy to make assloads of money. Of course, I don't really seem to need money, at this point.

Fighting harpies in the water is a pain in the ass. You can skip all treasure chests, they are just a waste of time since you will find better items anyway.

Also most "?" locations are actually just the chests it's rare that it's something else especially in the water of skellige. Just do the main and side quests, still explore everything but just skip the ?'s and try to avoid the harpies. 

Just finished Spider-Man. Wow! It’s so bittersweet, because I’m sad it’s over. But, I’m glad I’ll be able to finally start tomb raider. 

As for Spider-Man, the game itself, the last 25% of the campaign was god tier. It’s a GOTY contender for me. The trailers and E3 demos didn’t do it  justice. I expected a mindless, but fun, title with great production values. However, this game delivered way more than I thought insomniac was capable of.  For the record, I don’t like superhero films, or even the Spider-Man brand. However, the story here was fantastic (I liked it more than the movies), with some of the best acting in gaming. The combat was awesome too. It was diversified enough that it never felt old. As for the traversal, it never gets stale. Never. Ohhh...and boss fights galore!!!

My only con: the side stuff can get tedious, but that’s with most open world games imo. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I did the “white princess” part, and the first tomb in tomb raider. I like it. 

I thought that was a cool, well made section.

Also i think you guys have sold me on spiderman. All of my PS4 usage is going to be put towards VC4 soon, but once im done with that ill definitely be picking it up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought that was a cool, well made section.

Also i think you guys have sold me on spiderman. All of my PS4 usage is going to be put towards VC4 soon, but once im done with that ill definitely be picking it up.

You won’t regret Spider-Man. It’s the best “super power” open world game - by a large margin. 

9 hours ago, -GD- said:

Just finished Spider-Man. Wow! It’s so bittersweet, because I’m sad it’s over. But, I’m glad I’ll be able to finally start tomb raider. 

As for Spider-Man, the game itself, the last 25% of the campaign was god tier. It’s a GOTY contender for me. The trailers and E3 demos didn’t do it  justice. I expected a mindless, but fun, title with great production values. However, this game delivered way more than I thought insomniac was capable of.  For the record, I don’t like superhero films, or even the Spider-Man brand. However, the story here was fantastic (I liked it more than the movies), with some of the best acting in gaming. The combat was awesome too. It was diversified enough that it never felt old. As for the traversal, it never gets stale. Never. Ohhh...and boss fights galore!!!

My only con: the side stuff can get tedious, but that’s with most open world games imo. 

:love: Glad you enjoyed it too bro. Some of the moments in that final act are incredible. They take the game to a whole new level.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:love: Glad you enjoyed it too bro. Some of the moments in that final act are incredible. They take the game to a whole new level.  

I know man! I couldn’t put the controller down. It was such a rush.  :love:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Ramza said:

You could have stopped there. Kiwami 1 is a complete rehash, most assets from that game come straight from 0.

Kiwami 2 is worth a playthrough I guess but I personally got very bored near the end. I ignored most of the side content and rushed to the ending. To the game's credits I did like %80 of the side content though.

But I'm seriously sick of Yakuza now, I need a long ass break. Fist of the North Star will be a nice change of pace.

I have them already so I can get into it whenever I feel like it. Gonna play Valkyria Chronicles 4 Welcome home edition and Forza Horizon 4 next B)

Will FOTNS also be played on Kamurocho's map? :laff: 

Man, I finally went back and beat Celeste...had originally stopped at the hotel part (Chapter 3). Not really sure why. But god damn, what an incredible game. Especially the second half...perfect difficulty, the mechanics are all amazing and they layer them so well. The art design pretty much gets better every chapter, music too. Had 50 berries and ~800 deaths. Probably gonna take a go at the b-sides and pick up some more of the berries. Might be my favourite of those types of platformers. Really great game. 

Need something else for my Switch now. Thinking maybe Undertale, or Owlboy. Haven't played either of those. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Casual said:

Man, I finally went back and beat Celeste...had originally stopped at the hotel part (Chapter 3). Not really sure why. But god damn, what an incredible game. Especially the second half...perfect difficulty, the mechanics are all amazing and they layer them so well. The art design pretty much gets better every chapter, music too. Had 50 berries and ~800 deaths. Probably gonna take a go at the b-sides and pick up some more of the berries. Might be my favourite of those types of platformers. Really great game. 

Need something else for my Switch now. Thinking maybe Undertale, or Owlboy. Haven't played either of those. 

You play golf story?