The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

I guess I was the only one impressed by the landslide set piece near the end. I thought the scale of it and the detail of the visuals (including the landscapes in the background) was impressive

Oh yeah, it was! It made up for the more underwhelming ones. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

one thing that really sets me off are the superhuman jumps lara does. as if she's jumping on a trampoline every time. also the grappling hook bullshit :holeup:

Okay so the first few levels of Astro Bot were pretty basic. And then you do the giant tree and underwater stages and everything changes. :bow: 

This game might just be the best platformer Sony ever had.

27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Okay so the first few levels of Astro Bot were pretty basic. And then you do the giant tree and underwater stages and everything changes. :bow: 

This game might just be the best platformer Sony ever had.

Going to play some tonight. Looks godly. :smoke:

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Going to play some tonight. Looks godly. :smoke:

:fblike:

Game is great so far. Just keep in mind that the best levels comes after World 1. 

The stages looks so awesome in full scale 3D.

If it keeps up, I have no doubt that it's top 5 best PSVR games materials.

Lord help us if Sony now has a AAAe platforming franchise...

They're straight up killing it.  Some people have been saying that it's as good as any Nintendo platformer.. which is high praise indeed.

Hopefully the game sells really well and blows up.  It will be a great thing for platformers and VR in general.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Lord help us if Sony now has a AAAe platforming franchise...

They're straight up killing it.  Some people have been saying that it's as good as any Nintendo platformer.. which is high praise indeed.

Hopefully the game sells really well and blows up.  It will be a great thing for platformers and VR in general.

It's not quite Mario level good but it's getting close.

Most importantly like you said, it's a great thing for VR. Really shows that classic type of games have their place in the VR space and VR actually brings something to the table for games that aren't in first person. Kinda like Moss.

I really want more third person or fixed perspective games in VR. Hell even 2D games are awesome to see.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It's not quite Mario level good but it's getting close.

Most importantly like you said, it's a great thing for VR. Really shows that classic type of games have their place in the VR space and VR actually brings something to the table for games that aren't in first person. Kinda like Moss.

I really want more third person or fixed perspective games in VR. Hell even 2D games are awesome to see.

For sure.  I almost guarantee that other developers are watching this closely and if this game is successful, will give them the courage to try their own take on it.  More games like these with 3rd person viewpoints will come for sure...the latest round of games are without a doubt proving that it's perfectly viable and there's all sorts of new gameplay ideas possible when you consider VR.

I think Sony is going to do some ground breaking shit with story games and VR on the PS5.  They'll be able to create some truly impactful stuff... I believe anyway.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

For sure.  I almost guarantee that other developers are watching this closely and if this game is successful, will give them the courage to try their own take on it.  More games like these with 3rd person viewpoints will come for sure...the latest round of games are without a doubt proving that it's perfectly viable and there's all sorts of new gameplay ideas possible when you consider VR.

I think Sony is going to do some ground breaking shit with story games and VR on the PS5.  They'll be able to create some truly impactful stuff... I believe anyway.

PSVR 2.0/PS5. Yup, shit is gonna rock the gaming world. As long as they back it up with quality first party games. 

I'm hoping Deracine delivers a great story, it's Miyazaki who is writing the script I believe, might end up something special. He has never a bad game. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PSVR 2.0/PS5. Yup, shit is gonna rock the gaming world. As long as they back it up with quality first party games. 

I'm hoping Deracine delivers a great story, it's Miyazaki who is writing the script I believe, might end up something special. He has never a bad game. Hopefully.

I know right.  I look at what Ready at Dawn has done with Lone Echo, and I just love that they're making a second one and doubling down on it.  When I was playing that game I remembered thinking to myself how crazy a high budget Sony first party game could be on more powerful hardware.

I bet you that it's going to be much simpler than the current PSVR to set up and get into.  I'm confident at this point that the PS5 will have a USB-C Virtual Link connection and will be a single wire that comes from the console.  The base stations will likely be wireless like the Vive.  That one thing alone will really simplify the whole process and makes it much easier to get into.  As long as they have decent controls, and if the DS5 really does work as split VR motion controllers.. then they'll have a high quality VR ready kit in the PS5 that will really lower the barrier to entry.  The PS4 could almost be considered that, but the mess of cords and lack of real motion controllers in the beginning needlessly complicated things.

A single cable and you plug in the headset.. you take your controller and split it apart... and you're good to go.  That is easily marketable.

• Upvote 1

33 hours into shadowrun hong kong. this game is in my top 3 easily. never felt so invested into reading soooooooo much in a game. and still have A LOT of shit to do. Improved combat system is really cool too. 

the main characters blow me away.

Racter the psychopath, with his drone Koschei :bow: 

Npc_humanmale_racter.png?version=ca8d4fe8b0a20c4235451c6b6ae26599

Gaichu the ghoul samurai....

Npc_ghoulmale_gaichu.png?version=fa0642c8bcb5e1f4535e3923979c2793

and Gobbet the rat shaman with her 2 rats Madness and Folly. This girl made me laugh more than I can count. what an amazing character. 

Npc_orkfemale_gobbet.png?version=7a90fe80dfdc9fbca2c5384169284084

my fav main characters so far. Not to mention the countless side characters with their own unique stories :gasp: 

If you have a PC (even a dumpster PC) there is no excuse whatsoever to not give these games a try (returns, dragonfall, hong kong). If you like to read books you will LOVE these games. absolutely amazing :bow: 

Edited by kaz

Dragon Quest XI - The forge to make weapons and armor is pretty cool. Add some depth to inventory management. Kinda slow beginning but that's to be expected, not bad by the series standards though.

Fist of the North Star - Kinda boring so far. Very slow pace in the beginning (even though it starts with some brawling right away in the beginning giving you a different impression) then long cutscenes explaining some of the story of FOTNS. Still very early though. The trading item economy is kinda cool though, you don't pay in cash but with what you have on you. Anything goes. 

Astro Bot - Fucking amazing. The variety in level so far are fantastic, each stage has it's own theme and gimmick, about to beat world 3. The challenge levels you unlock are not easy. This game has the content. I love it.  

3 hours ago, Saucer said:

Mega Man 11 is one of the better Mega Man games. I'm almost finished and I'm really liking it.

I had avoided it because iirc, you said the demo kinda sucked. Might check it out in the end.

Also started Kiwami 2. Pretty much just watched the intro, series still has some of the best cutscene direction in the medium.

Very first impression of ACO is that the battle of the 300 was a boring uneventful letdown and this game feels and looks just like origins .

That's only 20 minutes . Hopefully it changes up 

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Very first impression of ACO is that the battle of the 300 was a boring uneventful letdown and this game feels and looks just like origins .

That's only 20 minutes . Hopefully it changes up 

It wont in all likeliness.  I'm not going to bother with it any time soon.  I'll grab it cheap off a sale somewhere down the line.