The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

Posted Images

The thing is that Gwent actually got very good, and now at the end its not really very fun because my Gwent deck is basically too good for any NPC in the game.  And on top of that, I have have a foolproof strategy. So, its computer A.I. simply doesn't put up much of a challenge for me.

But I definitely liked Gwent, I do think the stand-alone game requires more rules and variation in order for me to be enticed into playing it.

And, my playtime counter in Witcher 3 is wrong, because I would sometimes minimize the game and it would be running in the background, sometimes for hours at a time. So, it says 350 hours, but I'm going to go ahead and say that at least 80-100 hours is the game running paused.

And even then, I don't know if I believe that I've played this game over 200 hours. I'm gonna say that I have probably played this game about 100 hours.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The thing is that Gwent actually got very good, and now at the end its not really very fun because my Gwent deck is basically too good for any NPC in the game.  And on top of that, I have have a foolproof strategy. So, its computer A.I. simply doesn't put up much of a challenge for me.

But I definitely liked Gwent, I do think the stand-alone game requires more rules and variation in order for me to be enticed into playing it.

And, my playtime counter in Witcher 3 is wrong, because I would sometimes minimize the game and it would be running in the background, sometimes for hours at a time. So, it says 350 hours, but I'm going to go ahead and say that at least 80-100 hours is the game running paused.

And even then, I don't know if I believe that I've played this game over 200 hours. I'm gonna say that I have probably played this game about 100 hours.

If you done with the first part of skellige main quests and go back to velen and did most side quests then yes, that should be around 50-100 hours. both dlc combined are like 30-50 hours.

Finished Astro Bot. The boss fight with the shark in world 5 was awesome. Great game.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a great sequel so far to VC1. I'm loving it but I'm still early.

Lvl 22 in AC. Yeah this is clearly better than Origins. This world is just amazing but the biggest jump in quality is actually narrative. The quests have some really awesome unique turns and surprises and the actual choice making has consequences and differences based on what you do. Loving it all but Red Dead in a week and I'm going away for a week too so prob will hardly play more for a while :(

On 2018-10-18 at 7:37 PM, madmaltese said:

Lvl 22 in AC. Yeah this is clearly better than Origins. This world is just amazing but the biggest jump in quality is actually narrative. The quests have some really awesome unique turns and surprises and the actual choice making has consequences and differences based on what you do. Loving it all but Red Dead in a week and I'm going away for a week too so prob will hardly play more for a while :(

I feel like I've played this a lot and I'm only level 10 . It's better once I got past the part that was frustrating . In fact I'd say it's pretty good.

There are some lame quests tho for sure .

The graphics in this game are amazing .

Idk why they made the combat with the trigger and bumper . That's dumb .

i played through a bit of SC6. Im not too thrilled with it so far. Its got soooooooo many different systems working in tandem, that i feel completely overwhelmed. Im sure thats great for fighting game fans but what I like about Soul Calibur is its accessibility and simplicity. Ill have to keep playing but it doesn't leave the best first impression.

Edited by Twinblade
5 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I feel like I've played this a lot and I'm only level 10 . It's better once I got past the part that was frustrating . In fact I'd say it's pretty good.

There are some lame quests tho for sure .

The graphics in this game are amazing .

Idk why they made the combat with the trigger and bumper . That's dumb .

It keeps getting better the more you play. I found the first 10 levels to actually be the slowest for some reason and now I feel I'm leveling up fairly regularly. Heaps of multiple quest lines with multiple interesting characters. 

Combat with the triggers is excellent. They adopted the Soulsborne combat which frees up the right thumb allowing combat abilities, dodges and an so to be used in conjunction with attacks. Nearly all action adventure games have done this now. 

Update: Level 30 and the story has progressed quite a bit. Some surprisingly good story moments. Kassandra is an excellent main character. More fun af quest lines too. 

Edited by madmaltese

Wow, Soul Calibur VI is ass.

Libra of Souls - Garbage RPG mode for your created character with too much filler and not enough worthy unlockables. 

Chronicles of Souls - It's an alright idea but the presentation is cheap as fuck. I skip all the story anyway, I might as well be playing the arcade mode.

Arcade mode has no boss fight.

There are not enough characters, too many are missing. No interesting new characters.

Graphics are not very impressive, looks and feels outdated, like it should have come out a few years ago. 

New clash system or whatever is called is a lame gimmick that interrupt the flow of the fight constantly.

The only positive thing I have to say is, I like Geralt.

I'm gonna buy some superior fighting game and not waste too much time on this one besides playing with my casual IRL friends.

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It keeps getting better the more you play. I found the first 10 levels to actually be the slowest for some reason and now I feel I'm leveling up fairly regularly. Heaps of multiple quest lines with multiple interesting characters. 

Combat with the triggers is excellent. They adopted the Soulsborne combat which frees up the right thumb allowing combat abilities, dodges and an so to be used in conjunction with attacks. Nearly all action adventure games have done this now. 

Update: Level 30 and the story has progressed quite a bit. Some surprisingly good story moments. Kassandra is an excellent main character. More fun af quest lines too. 

I don't like the combat like that . I keep instinctively hitting the bumper to evade . 

How are you at level 30 . Damn 

Still playing a lot of Total War Warhammer - the strategy, the battles, the different and varied factions :love:

Vampires are easily my favourite, with Orcs right behind them - since they just love to smash :killzone:

Aye-Aye-Patch-Grants-New-Bloodlines-Mech

I also plan on getting the 2nd game relatively soon, since the first and 2nd game can be 'merged' into one massive campaign with factions from both games, plus a ridiculously large maps

And also, because they're planning to update the game with another faction, and their monsters looks awesome, Hulking animated shipwrecks, sea monstrosities, and giant Hermit crabs  [insert  Hit it  in its weak spot for Massive Damage joke here].

Curse-of-the-Vampire-Coast-Unit-Roster-R

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

Wow, Soul Calibur VI is ass.

Libra of Souls - Garbage RPG mode for your created character with too much filler and not enough worthy unlockables. 

Chronicles of Souls - It's an alright idea but the presentation is cheap as fuck. I skip all the story anyway, I might as well be playing the arcade mode.

Arcade mode has no boss fight.

There are not enough characters, too many are missing. No interesting new characters.

Graphics are not very impressive, looks and feels outdated, like it should have come out a few years ago. 

New clash system or whatever is called is a lame gimmick that interrupt the flow of the fight constantly.

The only positive thing I have to say is, I like Geralt.

I'm gonna buy some superior fighting game and not waste too much time on this one besides playing with my casual IRL friends.

Chronicles of Souls actually seems pretty cool. They should have fleshed it out a bit more (maybe with some 3D cutscenes) and just scrapped Libra altogether. 

The fighting definitely doesn’t feel great, and the gimmicks (like the reversal edges) are distracting and don’t work well. 

I don’t like how the tutorial is structured either. They just dump all these moves, counters, etc on you all at once and expect you to memorize everything. As someone who hasn’t played SC in years it feels like way too much.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Chronicles of Souls actually seems pretty cool. They should have fleshed it out a bit more (maybe with some 3D cutscenes) and just scrapped Libra altogether. 

The fighting definitely doesn’t feel great, and the gimmicks (like the reversal edges) are distracting and don’t work well. 

I don’t like how the tutorial is structured either. They just dump all these moves, counters, etc on you all at once and expect you to memorize everything. As someone who hasn’t played SC in years it feels like way too much.

The core gameplay is cool, just the gimmicks that are BS. And the game's content is disappointing. 

Whatever, I got it on sale during E3. I could sell it right now for a profit. 

I would never recommend this game at full price.