The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I picked up God of War again after I never finished it after I got a couple of hours in. The game is really opening up and I’m pretty focused on beating it between trying to finish Astro Bot and then my backlog is done and I’ll move on to DQXI. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

continued my new vegas replay. about 20 hours in. I got this companion Veronica. the melee lesbian. this bitch is cool as fuck, i think Ive never met her before

I haven’t game’d much. I’ve been playing The Missing, here and there, and really love it! But I can’t cimmit more than a few hours a week to gaming until maybe next year. I probably will play asaasin’s creed and red dead then. 

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

i have to admit i got stuck on the puzzle with the minotaur (where you put the limbs in order) and havent played it since :meh:

Oh. I’m way passed that. I think I’m close to the end. Some of the puzzles are devious! 

10 hours ago, -GD- said:

Oh. I’m way passed that. I think I’m close to the end. Some of the puzzles are devious! 

Yeah I gotta go back to It. Too many games to juggle nowadays :scared: Both RDR2 and Thronebreaker come out next week which is going to make getting through it even harder.

Edited by Twinblade
10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

ACO is so good I don't even want RDR2 to come out cause I want to finish this. Going away for a week though so when I'm back it will be out. Will have to decide whether I continue ACO or start RDR2

Damn, for real? 

I know AC:Origins surprised me... but I really didn't think they'd be able to do it again.  Is it really better than Origins?

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Damn, for real? 

I know AC:Origins surprised me... but I really didn't think they'd be able to do it again.  Is it really better than Origins?

It's definitely less of a 'surprise' than Origins and more of a building upon the foundation that Origins did. Early one it feels samey but the more you play the more elements open up,

The combat is greatly improved imo because they introduce character abilities. No shield also makes it faster and more attack focused. It is now pretty much full rpg in every way.

The story imo is so much better than Origins also, Kassandra is an awesome protagonist and it's side content is also intriguing from a narrative perspective. Feels like they got inspiration from Witcher 3. Not as fleshed out as that but quests take surprising turns.

The choice system is soooo much more than I ever thought. This isn't just the illusion of choice, things change in respect to individual arcs and some decisions made at a whim early come back to surprise you with the consequence much later in the game in unpredictable ways and ones that make you question your choice. 

However on top of all that, as with most AC games, your love for it will depend on your love of the location. Ancient Greece is spectacular and the possibilities it provided for an AC game are excellent. The mix of large land masses and sea littered with smaller islands. All the ancient Greek figures in the game, the interesting ways they handle Greek mythology and so on. 

Personally I'm loving it. Every Sync point makes me drop my jaw with beauty. I'm sure it being the first major new games I'm playing on my OLED has helped lol. 

So yeah for me it's a no contest, far better than Origins, however you need to give it a bit of a chance, like in Origins where it improves once you leave the opening area. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

It's definitely less of a 'surprise' than Origins and more of a building upon the foundation that Origins did. Early one it feels samey but the more you play the more elements open up,

The combat is greatly improved imo because they introduce character abilities. No shield also makes it faster and more attack focused. It is now pretty much full rpg in every way.

The story imo is so much better than Origins also, Kassandra is an awesome protagonist and it's side content is also intriguing from a narrative perspective. Feels like they got inspiration from Witcher 3. Not as fleshed out as that but quests take surprising turns.

The choice system is soooo much more than I ever thought. This isn't just the illusion of choice, things change in respect to individual arcs and some decisions made at a whim early come back to surprise you with the consequence much later in the game in unpredictable ways and ones that make you question your choice. 

However on top of all that, as with most AC games, your love for it will depend on your love of the location. Ancient Greece is spectacular and the possibilities it provided for an AC game are excellent. The mix of large land masses and sea littered with smaller islands. All the ancient Greek figures in the game, the interesting ways they handle Greek mythology and so on. 

Personally I'm loving it. Every Sync point makes me drop my jaw with beauty. I'm sure it being the first major new games I'm playing on my OLED has helped lol. 

So yeah for me it's a no contest, far better than Origins, however you need to give it a bit of a chance, like in Origins where it improves once you leave the opening area. 

I'ma have to pick it up then.

I was always going to, but at a deep sale.  I had my fill of AC last year... but if it's quality... then I'll pick it up sooner.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I'ma have to pick it up then.

I was always going to, but at a deep sale.  I had my fill of AC last year... but if it's quality... then I'll pick it up sooner.

since they are taking a year off AC next year you really have no rush. Maybe even wait for a complete edition with all the dlc. But yeah definitely check it out some time, Ancient Greece for me is arguably the best open world every created. Can't think of another open world in a game this spectacular.  

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

ehh think Witcher 3 open world is much better . 

This game is fucking beatiful tho . I'm constantly being wowed by the graphics and that is a rare thing nowadays 

Wait till you see more of the world ;) 

But yeah the graphics are jaw droppingly good and the draw distance is insane

I am duuu-uuuu-uuuuun with the Witcher 3 main story.

Got the best ending (IMO) and it threw me for a curve and made me think that I got the worst ending.  And then I tried messing around with the towns in the Velen area to try and find the last two Gwent cards needed to complete the last side quest I had open. There are merchants that are only available in those towns during daytime hours, so I finally found the last merchant that I haven't met before, and I got the final card.

Everything is completed, the only things that remain are the first questions that start the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine expansions.  Technically there is one question mark in Kaer Morhen that I cannot figure out how to get to, and there's question marks in the sea on the right-side of the Skellige map. And I will get back into the game after I play through RDR2.

I might want to do a palette cleanser during this week and play a nice light game that I can finish in a few hours. I'll find something.

Edited by jehurey
  • Like 1